Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dexterity arcanes and Wukong clone

_Euphoria_

Question

If I equip a primary dexterity arcane(which increases primary damage when enemies killed by melee) to my primary weapon and kill enemies with my melee using Wukong, does my clone’s primary weapon fire benefit from the arcane procced by me?

11 answers to this question

26 minutes ago, _Euphoria_ said:

If I equip a primary dexterity arcane(which increases primary damage when enemies killed by melee) to my primary weapon and kill enemies with my melee using Wukong, does my clone’s primary weapon fire benefit from the arcane procced by me?

Just have tested it with Primary and Secondary Dexterity - Clones do not trigger the buff, neither the Galvanized mods will be triggered. Typical DE quality of coding. Forgetting about 30-50% of the other spectrum in this game.

1 hour ago, _Euphoria_ said:

No because clones count as a different entity than you and wont benefit from the same buffs you get, nor should it.

Nightwave (and I think XP distribution) counts clone's kills as done by a warframe ability, (and ignores both weapon and the element) and if it's the same kill-counting code that's used for mods, then probably neither arcanes nor galvanized procs would be triggered, and DE isn't likely to change that...

17 hours ago, _Euphoria_ said:

No although clones shouldn't count as a different entity than you, and should benefit from the same buffs you get.

I mean.. specters, okay they're made in labs. But clones are our abilities. Sun Wu Kong in the legends literally pluck a hair from his body that materialize into another him, they're the same person, not some fake lesser monke. Same reason why kage bunshin is far superior to regular bunshin jutsu in naruto, because they're the same person.

All in all i agree it's just another quality oversight from DE, that they decide to ran with as always, eventually become the rule, and have been fully embraced by older players and veterans alike.

17 hours ago, iHeuksal said:

Just have tested it with Primary and Secondary Dexterity - Clones do not trigger the buff, neither the Galvanized mods will be triggered. Typical DE quality of coding. Forgetting about 30-50% of the other spectrum in this game.

It's actually intended. Would be a tad OP if that were the case, otherwise he'd have an easy 100% upkeep on multiple buffs.

18 minutes ago, Numerikuu said:

It's actually intended. Would be a tad OP if that were the case, otherwise he'd have an easy 100% upkeep on multiple buffs.

warframe is already a ridiculously easy game with literally press to win nukers, and people one-hitting SP enemies (which supposed to be the hardest difficulty in the game). If wukong can keep 100% multiple buffs I don't think anyone would be surprised. it'll totally fits warframe.

You might be right, but i wouldn't be so confident claiming what are intended and what are not.

it's DE, not hideo kojima.

On 2021-07-17 at 12:28 AM, BiancaRoughfin said:

No because clones count as a different entity than you and wont benefit from the same buffs you get, nor should it.

if clone is just a different entity why can it trigger blade charger and primary charger i thought this would work the same

I was wondering if I kill enemies with melee weapon and proc arcane dexterity, will the clone benefit from the buff?

I understand that the clone won't proc galvanized mods, but will it benefit if I proc the buff myself then switch to melee?

Archived