Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Near Impossible Holokey Grind???

Melodic_VibeZ

So, I'm really not sure if it's just me or others out there are experiencing this, but it says holokeys have a general drop chance of 37.5%.  Why is it then that I can spend 10+hours grinding for these keys only to get a total of 17 only?? Honestly getting really fed up with these drop chances... I've seen players saying they were able to get all 4 weapons from Parvos in a day, yet I spend over 10 hours to barely get anything?  Oddly enough, my bf was playing and in one day he got 38...

I just got a promotion at work so I'm working ridiculous hours; on my time off, I'd like to be able to play this game and feel like I could still make progression.  This new update has literally been nothing but a waste of time for me, and it's quite sad... I live an hour away from DE so I'm a proud supporter of this Canadian game (probably spent about $1000 on this game in the past year).

I'm tired of running all these Veil and Pluto Proxima Void Storms with minimal return... Talk about Carpal Tunnel???

I even had a player comment on how he's never run the mission so many times with 0 holokeys and said my bad RNG is rubbing off on others...

Is anybody else having this issue??

7 minutes ago, Melodic_VibeZ said:

So, I'm really not sure if it's just me or others out there are experiencing this, but it says holokeys have a general drop chance of 37.5%.  Why is it then that I can spend 10+hours grinding for these keys only to get a total of 17 only?? Honestly getting really fed up with these drop chances... I've seen players saying they were able to get all 4 weapons from Parvos in a day, yet I spend over 10 hours to barely get anything?  Oddly enough, my bf was playing and in one day he got 38...

I just got a promotion at work so I'm working ridiculous hours; on my time off, I'd like to be able to play this game and feel like I could still make progression.  This new update has literally been nothing but a waste of time for me, and it's quite sad... I live an hour away from DE so I'm a proud supporter of this Canadian game (probably spent about $1000 on this game in the past year).

I'm tired of running all these Veil and Pluto Proxima Void Storms with minimal return... Talk about Carpal Tunnel???

I even had a player comment on how he's never run the mission so many times with 0 holokeys and said my bad RNG is rubbing off on others...

Yes we all experience this issue

But ppl tend to forget 

Even if its only 1 item in drop pool and have 10% to drop u have bigger chances to get it

But when you have FOR EXAMPLE 3 items with 37,5% you have lower chances to get it since most of the time you will get other items with higher % (or farming weapons/warframe parts)

If any1 care to argue plz do so with ppl who were trying to get kuva/tenet weapons they dont already own but not with me

vor 17 Minuten schrieb Melodic_VibeZ:

just chill and not take it seriously. i will soon be able to buy the last weapon and i hardly played railjack. i just play it alongside when weapons are leveling.

and you get a lot of good things on the side. it's very good all-round mission.

I have often reported about it and have no desire to tell the same thing over and over again.

33 minutes ago, Melodic_VibeZ said:

That's the unfortunate nature of RNG. Not to mention you can't even buy these weapons with plat (though I hate pay-to-skip grind). 

The preferable alternative to all the RNG in this game would be earning guaranteed points towards what you want. Perhaps even on top of the RNG drops; for example maybe they could give you 3 or 4 corrupted holokeys in every void storm mission but reduce the RNG drops to 1 or 2 extra depending on mission.

And things like warframe farming could have points earned towards them or even a shop to buy the specific drops you want instead of RNG. 

As long as games use RNG there is a possibility that you never get what you grind for no matter how long you grind for it. Which is bad game design for consumers but great for companies.

But DE would have to completely remake the game to address it in the extra bad grinds of the game like rivens. Which also costs money and would probably mean they'd make less. And in a world where money is more important than human life we're doomed to that fate.

Unfortunately, this really is just RNG.  I gathered 40 in about 2 to 3 days after release?  So my luck is probably kind of average there...  Decided to focus on Sisters after getting a Tenet Agendus, so I do not know if I will still be this lucky now.  I'm sure you already know this, but I would suggest trying to group your efforts so you at least have progression somewhere.  Are you missing any of the Railjack weapons or warframe?  Relics for Valkyr, Nyx or their weapons?  Do the storms in those regions/missions so you can collect those as well.  Other than that, maybe take a break and come back later?  RNGesus / Lootcifer can be a cruel mistress sometimes, and too bad I haven't found a way to bribe or cajole them yet...

Disclaimer: I have not tried @ReddyDisco's method, so it may be worth a shot?

51 minutes ago, Melodic_VibeZ said:

and said my bad RNG is rubbing off on others...

Or it was the other way around. Hah

Anyway you are not alone. I just finished farming for my first melee after how many days now. And I'm not going to spend them until I see a 55% bonus on Ergo's inventory. Putting those melee on SoP would've been better at this point for me.

47 minutes ago, ZeroX4 said:

Even if its only 1 item in drop pool and have 10% to drop u have bigger chances to get it

But when you have FOR EXAMPLE 3 items with 37,5% you have lower chances to get it since most of the time you will get other items with higher % (or farming weapons/warframe parts)

I don't think you understand how percentages work.

If there's only one item in a drop pool, you are either guaranteed to get it, or you have the remaining chance of getting nothing. So if an item is the only thing in a drop pool, but it has a 10% drop chance, there's a 90% chance you'll get nothing. On the contrary, if there's a confirmed drop every 5 minutes, with only one thing in the drop pool, you will get that item 100% of the time. In the first example, you still have a 10% chance, and in the second you have a 100% chance, so your conclusion doesn't make sense.

As for your second example, I'm not sure if you described it wrong, but 37.5% (3) equals 112.5% (what happens that extra 12.5% of the time?). The items in the void storm pool don't have the same drop chance as the holokeys. The drops are 37.5% +12.5%+10% (3)+2.5% (8) =100%. The only thing that changes across proximas is one of the 2.5% drops doesn't exist, so the resource drop goes from 2.5% to 5%, but it still adds up to 100%.

Your conclusion that you have a lower chance of getting holokeys out of the whole pool is right, since 37.5% still leaves a 62.5% chance to not get what you want, but your explanation of it isn't accurate at all.

16 minutes ago, (XBOX)Regxxh said:

I don't think you understand how percentages work.

1 hour ago, ZeroX4 said:

If any1 care to argue plz do so with ppl who were trying to get kuva/tenet weapons they dont already own but not with me

I don't think you understand how reading with understanding work.

Archived