Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Suggestion: Add first person option

-Moctezuma-

FPS is cool and I would love to see it in WF, but DE its not going do it.

FPS camera requires camera adjustment for each weapons and alots of animation tuning. For example reloading, gun bob, gun texture remaster etc. It would be a too big of project with a little return(no monetary gain).

I love first person perspective but I personally think warframes gameplay is too chaotic to be suitable for first person. I may be wrong, but I've played modded games in first person that really didn't translate well due to the movement (dodging in dark souls for example). 

none of the animations in the game are rigged to be aligned with a 1st person perspective, they'd all have to be either redone or the player would have to be invisible with a screen overlay which would still mean creating a new element for every weapon in the game. Not to mention reload animations that also weren't built around the idea a 1st person view would exist and copying them over would probably mean your screen being blocked by the animation.  Even a weapon inspect emote would be an insane amount of work considering the amount of different variables in how each weapon is held. and How would bullet jumping and rolling mid air even be handled in 1st person without turning the screen into a jumbled mess?

There's a reason those nightwave missions gave you no equipment and made you walk so slow. If you wanna look at your weapon just wait for the camera to unlock and turn it to look at your weapon or go into captura, tbh even the shoulder camera when aiming gives you a pretty damn close look.

48 minutes ago, ShogunGunshow said:

Vomit mode.

25 minutes ago, DroopingPuppy said:

It is literally true - first person perspective has more chance to cause 3d nausea than third person perspective. It would be even worse in Warframe for this game requires you to dance and jump all the times.

Never heard of Quake, Rocket Arena, Diabolical, Ghost Runner, or even Overwatch?

I mean there are plenty of fast-pace arena shooting games that require extreme camera movement. Millions of people have play them without any issue.

24 minutes ago, Godmode_Ash said:

Never heard of Quake, Rocket Arena, Diabolical, Ghost Runner, or even Overwatch?

I mean there are plenty of fast-pace arena shooting games that require extreme camera movement. Millions of people have play them without any issue.

Me neither. For me, the only 3d game that cause me near-nausea was Borderland, nothing more, and even Borderland makes me quite dizzy but it didn't make me to vormit. It seems almost unplayable for me anyways, though.

But remember that not every single person are free from the 3d nausea. We don't suffer, but not everyone else can also say the same thing. This is not the game that only reserves for you or me.

7 hours ago, -Moctezuma- said:

Ok ok ok..now hear me out, before you call me a "troll" or "bait", listen, a LOT of people, including me, would like to see their weapons from a closer view

PmHve3i.png

Make it a toggable, similar to how those nigthwave missions before played

The idea is... interesting. It would be nice to get a view of the world from the warframe's eyes.

I would love this more than practically any other addition.

Weapons would feel so much better when you can actually see them, targets would be so much easier to see without massive shoulder pads getting in the way and it just a perspective I overall prefer.

I'll take if even if it's just a camera in on a headless model with zero other changes to at least get the ball rolling. They could reanimate one weapon per update for all I care. I just really really want this in-game, alongside, hopefully, improved dynamic crosshairs that actually tell you where bullets might end up and the faction themed UI's from the New War gameplay

17 minutes ago, Dreddgrave said:

Look one comment above you, paper-guts

The difference between those games and Warframe is that those games don’t have bullet jump. You know the move that would have our view moving upwards while spinning. Or how about wall hopping, where we’d constantly be bouncing back and forth while going across the wall.

How would melee stances work with their elaborate combos? Literally every first person game just has you swinging the sword from side to side. But you can’t just do that to a melee weapon in Warframe. There’s certain hit boxes that different stances cover.

9 hours ago, (XBOX)GearsMatrix301 said:

The difference between those games and Warframe is that those games don’t have bullet jump. You know the move that would have our view moving upwards while spinning. Or how about wall hopping, where we’d constantly be bouncing back and forth while going across the wall.

How would melee stances work with their elaborate combos? Literally every first person game just has you swinging the sword from side to side. But you can’t just do that to a melee weapon in Warframe. There’s certain hit boxes that different stances cover.

That's the fun thing about this idea: It's completely optional!

If ya don't like it ya don't gotta touch it. Think of all those people who don't play Conclave, Steel Path, Eidolon Hunts, Railjack, etc. DE's perfectly fine putting in dev time for the benefit of 0.2% of the player population. This might even break into integer territory!

I've been playing Elder Scrolls Online and while I wouldn't say any of the animations are terribly robust they work in first person despite having spins, dodge rolls, radius spells and the like. They just (get this) don't spin the camera! Like Star Wars Battlefront a decade before it, whether you are a Storm Trooper doing tactical rolls or a Droideka who's main form of locomotion is rolling around like Sonic- the camera, first person or third, somehow finds a way to not rotate with the character.

Those games also had the view be a one-button toggle.

If you can imagine a world where DE would go through the trouble of putting this together and not making it user friendly, I can imagine a world where they somehow manage to do the impossible and make a camera that doesn't spin.

I realize that I sound combatative but every. Single. Time. This idea comes up a pack of feral papper-baggers dry heave in unison "But muh motion sickness!" like yall are gonna get carted onto a roller coaster without your consent if this Devil Bill passes Space Ninja Congress.

Le 17/07/2021 à 08:45, -Moctezuma- a dit :

Ok ok ok..now hear me out, before you call me a "troll" or "bait", listen, a LOT of people, including me, would like to see their weapons from a closer view

PmHve3i.png

Make it a toggable, similar to how those nigthwave missions before played

imagine the amount of enemy you couldn't see because of the retracted POV of an FPS compared to a TPS, imagine the vomit machine it could be while you fly around, roll, use a skill like the 4th ability of mesa...

It's still possible, Mirror Edge done it for exemple, or they could get back on TPS view for action like rolling

but yeah i guess it will be as the FPS pov of GTA, meh, not convinced

10 minutes ago, Thaxano said:

imagine the amount of enemy you couldn't see because of the retracted POV of an FPS compared to a TPS, imagine the vomit machine it could be while you fly around, roll, use a skill like the 4th ability of mesa...

It's still possible, Mirror Edge done it for exemple, or they could get back on TPS view for action like rolling

but yeah i guess it will be as the FPS pov of GTA, meh, not convinced

Imagine how much more you could see if a shiny, caped robot wasn't taking half the screen while aiming. Even on a base model there is so much dead air taken up by Warframes that could at least be more manageable if it was a uniformly placed weapon model with adjustable size sliders.

Even if FPS never gets added I think we can agree dynamic crosshairs would improve gunplay over our current static dot. The sliding curves on the side that don't mean anything not withstanding, of course. Can't live without the sliding curves 😔

10 hours ago, (XBOX)GearsMatrix301 said:

The difference between those games and Warframe is that those games don’t have bullet jump.

Actually those games do: Quake has rocket jump, circle jump, air drift etc. Ghost Runner has same movement as WF. Overwatch not all characters are fast, but some like Genji requires even harder camera turn than WF. Some of those games faster than WF no doubt.

Your posted said some people can get headache from fast FPS. I agree, and noone should be force to play it.

il y a 6 minutes, Dreddgrave a dit :

Imagine how much more you could see if a shiny, caped robot wasn't taking half the screen while aiming. Even on a base model there is so much dead air taken up by Warframes that could at least be more manageable if it was a uniformly placed weapon model with adjustable size sliders.

Even if FPS never gets added I think we can agree dynamic crosshairs would improve gunplay over our current static dot. The sliding curves on the side that don't mean anything not withstanding, of course. Can't live without the sliding curves 😔

I dare you to play GTA V in first person and tell me it's better than the third person view

Archived