Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Jade Shadows: Known Issues ×

Everything Becomes Non-Responsive In The Mission (Desync-With-The-Host Bug?)

apcha

It usually happens in the mission after the objective is completed and the players are rushing to extraction. At some point, I find that the doors/elevators stop to open, the enemies just freeze(don't move and cannot be killed) and I'm just trapped. Even after the mission is completed(probably the host has reached the extraction), all players stay in black screen for a long time.

Recently, it occurs to me several times in a day and is totally not fun to play the game now.

Updates on the details of this desync-with-the-host bug based on countless painful experience. At some point in the mission, I find that I just cannot interact with everything:

1.enemies cannot be killed, they may or may not freeze, but you can still get hit,

2.cannot loot anything dropped,

3.cannot open the doors/elevators and I'm just trapped,

4.cannot switch weapons, abilities and aura effect such as energy siphon not effective,

5.even I reach the extraction( with all other players), the countdown still continue,

6.after the mission is completed(probably the host has reached the extraction), it stays in black screen for a long time, or even worse, just return back to game screen.

Update after Hotfix 10.6.2:

Don't see any improvement. The same bug occurred in the very first mission after update. In the second mission, I was simply disconnected from the host. I decide to wait for another update.

Edited by apcha

So I just ran a test mission. And I had 3 glitches. One was a door wouldnt open for 10 sec while i was standing there. Doesnt sound like much. But count out 10 sec in your head. Doors are supposed to open faster than that. Another glitch. I jumped arcoss the pillar room with Rhino's dash. made it across, took 3 steps and teleported backwards on top of one of the pillars. Last glitch. I was standing at the end of a grinner mission, I stopped running and stood there for about 2 sec and suddenly teleported on top of one of the pipes. Other than these three glitches the mission went fine. And all three could be contributed to lag. So I dont know if it's a massive lag problem or some real glitches. 

I have several lag issues while I am not host. I would be in mission when all of a sudden I would be unable to affect the level map at all. I would be able to run around and see what everyone is doing but my shots would do no damage, I cannot pick up any loot and I cannot open doors.

It seems like some kind of desynchronization issue with the host. It only became apparent with the recent 10.6.1 fix

It seems like some kind of desynchronization issue with the host. It only became apparent with the recent 10.6.1 fix

Yeah, this desync/spectator bug began, for me, only after the latest hot unfix 10.6.1

The black-screen-of-death is almost guaranteed too suggesting the problem has the same origin.

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/127478-black-screen-and-general-lag

https://forums.warframe.com/index.php?/topic/127389-cant-pick-up-items-or-deal-damage-but-not-disconnected

And STILL waiting for any form of notification that someone from DE has seen this and is working on it. Wrecked a tower run earlier for me, before that an alert and last night a mobile defence. Sick to death of it. 

I have been playing this game for months and experenced alot of bugs in that time but nothing like what you are describing. That is until hot unfix 10.6.1. It has occured 6 times in the last two days during survivals, defence, and now exterminate. I just ran a nightmare exterminate with the same host, just the two of us three times. On the fourth run after I killed 5 enemies I couldnt interact with anything with the exeption of the ability to take damage. Other than that I was simply an observer. This is different from the previous times I experenced this bug in a larger squad. In those instances it appeared that my teamates where running in place and invisible enemies seemed to almost ignore me. I was able to kill some occationally when enemies appeared at random and I was able to revive fallen team memebers by holding X at where I could see them running in place. From their perspective they where "healed by a ghost" since they where actually in another location all together.