Jump to content

Sisters of Parvos: Hotfix 30.5.4


Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, CA_Tomy_The_Kid said:

Hi! Corpus Railjack Survivals are not giving reactants in 5+ minutes rotations. Only the first rotation does give reactants, is this a bug/error? In this case pls fix! I want to farm ambassador AND reactants. Thanks!

I think you mean Void traces. 

But yeah, I noticed that too. Another bug to add to the pile.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I just did another Arbitration trying to get Vitus Essence for the new mods.

Arbitration is still broken imo with Corpus, I was in the mission solo for 52 minutes and only got that far because I was living from air support to air support.

1. The drop rate for Vitus Essence is still bad, with a booster I got 12, yes 12 for 52 minutes, so in turn I really only got 6.

2. I was seeing lots of Drones but they were not dropping any Vitus Essence.

3. The AI bot pathing is atrocious, main reason for that is Lotus is dropping the air support all over the ship more than 500 metres away, the good air I had going just gets whittled away by the time the AI gets to the new air support area, I was killing heaps but the air wasn't dropping that much.

Please stop doing Corpus Arbitration on the new Corpus ship tilesets, the AI cannot keep up the spawn rate nor the path to go straight to where I was.

I've done Arbitration a lot over the years and this new Corpus Ship Tileset is atrocious for Arbitration missions. 

Yes some are just going to say RNG dude bad luck blah blah blah.
I've had bad RNG in the past with Arbitration over the years but considering the new upped drop rate, I'd class this as really Bad.

RNG run me over and it wasn't pretty. 0jnj5Rc.gif

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Slayer-. said:

I just did another Arbitration trying to get Vitus Essence for the new mods.

Arbitration is still broken imo with Corpus, I was in the mission solo for 52 minutes and only got that far because I was living from air support to air support.

1. The drop rate for Vitus Essence is still bad, with a booster I got 12, yes 12 for 52 minutes, so in turn I really only got 6.

2. I was seeing lots of Drones but they were not dropping any Vitus Essence.

3. The AI bot pathing is atrocious, main reason for that is Lotus is dropping the air support all over the ship more than 500 metres away, the good air I had going just gets whittled away by the time the AI gets to the new air support area, I was killing heaps but the air wasn't dropping that much.

Please stop doing Corpus Arbitration on the new Corpus ship tilesets, the AI cannot keep up the spawn rate nor the path to go straight to where I was.

I've done Arbitration a lot over the years and this new Corpus Ship Tileset is atrocious for Arbitration missions. 

Yes some are just going to say RNG dude bad luck blah blah blah.
I've had bad RNG in the past with Arbitration over the years but considering the new upped drop rate, I'd class this as really Bad.

RNG run me over and it wasn't pretty. 0jnj5Rc.gif

 

I don't mean to question your anecdotal experience.  I believe that it is well in line with the potential situation.  That being said, allow me a add a few caveats.

 

  1. Vitus essence drop rates are a fixed likelihood (6% now).  That said, spawn rate will determine practical drop rate.
  2. Spawn rate is largely controlled by the amount of players on a map...because only Steel Path has learned to crank spawn rate to maximum at all times.
  3. I'd like to offer 16 drops in 25 minutes as my counter offer.  Infested, survival, and two runs.  The caveat here is that my worst run was 10 minutes in team and 15 minutes solo....where I had to start popping life support towers due to the terrible spawning.  
  4. The corpus tilest and AI are a bug that's been around since the rework...  DE decided to complicate the tiles, and the result is their simplistic horde AI controls broke.  This is unfortunate...but not an arbitrations only issue.  100% behind needing this fixed, but it's not just arbitrations that suffer here.
  5. The bad RNG response is simple.  52 minutes.  Assuming you kill a drone every 30 seconds (bad spawn rates factored in) the likelihood of your particular situation is 0.9498*0.066.  This is a simple calculation because the drop rate is agnostic of the order, The number is exceptionally small because there's 2104  potential outcomes.  As a side note, this is how those mathematics programs and creationists do magic math and say things are so unlikely...but when you do the math yourself with the probabilities based on reality (94% not, 6% is) you suddenly see that one end of the spectrum, despite being small, is much more likely (noting this is no drops in our example).
  6. Now the anecdote.  2 runs for me, 1 cited run for you.  Being real....that's nothing.  3 runs between the two of us is a statistically insignificant sampling size...so we're really not capable of understanding if this is better or worse than before.  That said, I used to run the same stuff at 40 minutes (full team), with about 20 essence drops.  I'm now at mostly a solo experience, and earning about the same in 25 minutes (my other example was 21 in 20 minutes, take that with a grain of salt).  I'd say that's about doubling my previous results.
  7. The booster...  Let me offer another anecdote, from a couple of builds ago.  I ran with a double quantity and double drop rate booster.  That meant that some drops were worth 4 essence via kavat buff.  I snagged 76 essence in 40 minutes of play.  This is what I like to call a rather niche outlier, and why it wasn't used in my other calculated examples.  Full spawn, unknown drop rate versus quantity, and arguably the drop rates were insanely high.  This meant that I had nearly 4/9 galvanized mods in a single run, and the endo required for maybe 10% of the full rank-up of one.  Not a bad haul for 40 minutes.  My best boosted play prior to that run was years ago with multiple kavats, and we reached slightly below 40 essence.  I'm not happy with the drop rates, but they're definitely better than before. 

 

 

This is all to say that better<>good.  The better spawn rate of 6% is still depressingly low for something that you need in large quantities, and is spawned in single units.  It's largely transparent that DE wants this to be a plateau game mode.  That is to say, a game that represents a change in player progression.  You get access to arbitrations, and you grind them for weeks to months.  This allows you to accumulate endo, the primary reward by likelihood, and a few items that are critical to progression (galvanized mods and a few core survivability ones).  By the time you get everything you need, and assuming you don't burn out, you have made little progress vertically in the game but immense horizontal gains.

I don't appreciate that they keep tying in new modes with arbitrarily buffed enemies.  It's not a challenge when the question simply becomes how much thicker that dummy thick enemy can make its eHp pool.  That said, DE's only foray into teamwork and challenge has largely been forgotten.  RAIDs were never a great thing (due to their stability issues), but they represent the highest attempt at this game focusing on challenge and team work.  Arbitration are simply +levels with death penalties...so yeah.  

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, master_of_destiny said:

 

I don't mean to question your anecdotal experience.  I believe that it is well in line with the potential situation.  That being said, allow me a add a few caveats.

That's why I try and wait for the Grineer Arbitrations, they run way better and smoother than Corpus ones do on the new ship tileset.

I don't do or get the math behind it all, I'll just leave that up to all you lot who know what they're talking about, I'm not one of you, I just go pew pew pew enemies die. :)

I just see what I see and know something seemed off, compared to over the years while doing it solo.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2021-07-17 at 9:08 AM, muziqaz said:

Is there some sort of jamming mechanism in Diplos? It sometimes stops the automatic fire for a split second and only does single fire

This happens if you're aiming. It's a ridiculous restriction on it's homing mode which it flips into automatically when you aim (if you're holding fire prior to aiming it'll stay in it's hip fire mode, like any other alt-fire on aim weapon).

It's intentional. but it reeeeeeeeeeeeeally shouldn't be. Not if DE ever wants to make a secondary that even remotely competes with kuva nukor.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yall are awfully quiet. The Galvanized Condition Overload mods still don't affect projectiles and the on kill thing should be changed to on hit. Why does melee, which is already a lot stronger than guns, just have the Condition effect passively while guns, which are weaker, have to get kills first?

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The gun buff did not work out as planned, it needs immadiate revision:

  • The galvanized mods should not have been new mods. You should have modified the already existing variants.
  • The new galvanized mods should not cost more capacity than their regular version: if you want to buff guns, you need to make them just as accessible as melee. No melee build requires additional formas, why should we bother with the guns if we can still achieve everything faster, easier and cheaper with melee?
  • The arcane adapters are a really bad joke. None of us should waste steel essence on these. Arcane slots have always been unlocked on every single melee and frame, they should be unlocked by default! Again, why should we waste our resources on guns, when we can do everything faster, easier and cheaper with melee?
  • Several of the galvanized mods are not working at all, they need to be fixed ASAP!

This is NOT a gun buff, this is another grind to waste our time to maybe get a gun that can do a fraction of melee damage....

Another problem is corrupted holokey. It is a bad joke. Lich weapons not from liches??? The holokeys are not dropping (1 out of 10 is not 35% chance, please do not try to RNG me, calculate the odds, its basic math, it is very unlikely to happen). Also: we have to wait a WEEK?!? to rotate the weapons at Glast and maybe, MAYBE get an element I want??? I finished the whole sister grind in a week!

There is something very wrong with your decision making lately. You make so many cool stuff and you always ALWAYS do something stupid like these and its getting very frustrating!

Edited by zaturalma2
typos
  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thanks for the update and hotfix. I just have one really annoying issue with the Tenet Diplos. Whenever I go to aim, it gets severely irritating to shoot only 4 bullets with a lengthy pause, when I intend to spray down a horde of enemies. I know the auto lock is a feature, and I know this can be somewhat avoided by simply firing before aiming, but I would much rather prefer if this was a toggle-able alternate fire of some kind when aiming down the sights, as I don't personally enjoy using the weapon this way, but it would still keep the option available via a toggle to those that would like to use it. I don't believe I am the only one in this who thinks this way either. You could keep the lock on feature, while still having the option and allowing the freedom of using the weapon as a full auto spray and pray. Thank you again.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Lich only occupying one planet sucks massively. No change of scenery and I miss the "cherry picking" with the missions. Why the space fight is even necessary is beyond me. Last adversary I'll ever get. Still had my lich from before this "fix" and now I'm just trying to get rid of it.

P.S. And dear Lord.. take those new utterly annoying RJ engine sounds and ditch them. Reminds me of the Amesha *shudder
The old ones were way less intrusive and over all more stable.

Edited by Silescere
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

So...I've given the update enough time, and enough play, to finally put all of my ideas together.  I know you won't read, but hopefully somebody will at least repeat what matters in some form where you actually engage.

 

That said, I'd like to start with the overall good from the Sisters of Parvos.

  1. The additional weapons generally are interesting.  Not great, but genuinely an improvement and not simply a novel side change.
  2. The ability to face a Lich down on a ship is finally delivering on a promise that is about two years old.
  3. Seeing the invigoration system is...interesting.  I have mixed thoughts, but the positive is that it gives us a reason to play frames that previously were meh.
  4. I...kind of like the new robot dogs.  Yeah, they're still broken.  They largely cannot be used in stealth.  Their AI is a mess....but despite all of the flaws it's fun to use them in that one in a thousand instance where they create an orbital strike in the middle of a bunch of enemies and actually demonstrate they're not MOA level garbage.

 

With those positives, let's now discuss the far more numerous negatives.  Boy...what a mess.  I could pull out ten new bugs, or maybe ten new things that seem to be broken, or perhaps ten new things that demonstrate you lost the story on fun five years ago and now only exist to chase dead trends.  I'll refrain from all of this, and just cover what absolutely chafes me about you either blatantly lying or being incompetent.  

  1. The "streamlined" lich experience is that for the sisters, but not for the Grineer.  Maybe you should get on that, instead of waiting two weeks to show us cross-play...when you can't even consistently launch the same update across all platforms unless it's a buggy mess.
  2. The holokeys.  Wow.  I didn't think you could do worse than the Pennant/Quellor.  You handed us your collective beer, and gave us the Ambassador and the holokey grind.  Goody.  I can earn one weapon a week, I have a random element, and a random strength, and I top this all off with about a 1:3 chance of getting up to 5 holokeys per railjack mission.  What a gigantic way to state that railjack isn't getting play, so you'll just force us to grind it.  Yeah....
  3. Let's also talk just idiotic new bugs.  I have done two syndicate missions where I had a corpus ice planet tile.  The game detects me falling off the edge...while standing on a solid surface.  I then spawn inside the jail...with no wardens because I never activated the door.  I...uh...I shouldn't complain because it's easy mode...but seriously, wtf?  
  4. The kuva weapons continue to be a consternation.  The Kuva Hek is ok...if you invest heavily in it.  It's funny that on one hand you justify the Vaykor Hek has a built in mod, so scattering justice isn't usable on it.  On the other, you provide no reason for the Kuva Hek...and just let us assume it's too powerful.  The Kuva Grattler is a mess...because you give us 3 polarities and force 5 forma onto the thing...meaning that I have 80*2 or 160 total drain capacity for the thing.  There's literally no combination of mods that can get close to using this.  Top that with garbage stats...and it's a serious head scratcher.  You combine this with the return of the Flux Rifle and Arca Plasmor...and I can't imagine why the Grineer weapons matter.
  5. Speaking of mattering...when are you going to fix the galvanized mods?  I equip them...discover they don't work...and  have to ask who exactly play tested this mess and said things were fine.
  6. Yareli...  168 hours (12+72+12+72).  I cannot even begin to understand why this is an acceptable state.  We can't get necramechs, because they might be unable to move through doors.  We can't get k-drives...for the same reason.  We can get a frame whose primary survivability power is a k-drive, without the customization.  I...do you know the definition of words?
  7. So...adaptation for enemies.  Enemies who can teleport, instantly regen shields, regen shields while taking damage, and most frustratingly of all summon large enough mobs that you can literally be surrounded because the level geometry literally hides enemies from you until they're on top of you.  WTF?
  8. Finally, though only by virtue of brevity, hounds.  I get one piece per sister.  Each hound requires 4 pieces.  I get one full random build for every killed sister.  The sister generation doesn't control the hound piece.  The hound pieces can literally be the same three or more (I've confirmed 3 Zubb brackets) times in a row.  This is of course after getting a sister to spawn, getting them to spawn the desired item, grinding the killing, and surviving enemies that are designed to be both miserable sponges and to dwindle your damage from both high damage and high fire rate weapons.  I've had 1 of one type of hound, and 4 of the other.  Never even seen the third type.  This...doesn't make me want to keep grinding.  What it tells me is in about six months DE will be patching in a half dozen new Tenet weapons...so I'm not going to engage with this system.  Just like the Helminth, it's something that will penalize early adopters.  Bravo.  I now don't want to play.

 

 

So, let's wrap this up.  I'd generally suggest some ways you could fix things, but I don't believe you care.  Some absolute *** hole at DE decided that instead of designing fun, then extending it with grind, that you'd instead simply layer multiple grinds upon one another.  That'd be frustrating, but then you've got whole new grinds that force engagement, and literally reward you for skipping engagement.  It's all about the speed grind, because engaging and doing the side objectives can literally not give you enough reward to make up for the time invested.  This reeks of Ten Cent.  Oh, but instead of literal hours of grinding, followed by a 20 minute survival, for garbage drop chances, I can simply spend real money.  I'd be angry...but at this point I can only laugh.  Even your content creators are having a hard time swallowing this poison.

 

Maybe the New War changes things.  I'm betting that on day one I get to join the Tenno space program while playing as Teshin...because every time you've introduced physics based stuff it inevitably leads to yeeting yourself across the map, Zoren copter style.  The problem is that this was embraced at one point, but now it'll be something disabled because one youtuber finds a way to break progression so you'll simply disable things.  Good lord DE, what do I even say to you?  

 

Ah well....  I'm about three weeks from no longer caring.  Why is simple.  The next nightwave will hit.  I'm sure it will be a disappointment, and the two year experiment will be shown to be infinitely worse than the alert system...which at this point could be reinstated and give out holokeys...or Teshin bucks, or any other goofy currency that another arbitrary NPC could use to sell a rotating offering set constantly changing to force player engagement.  You know, that thing people suggested years ago, and DE implemented with arbitrations, but somehow couldn't be bothered to duplicate with alerts....despite half duplicating it with credits that are both limited, time locked, and can eventually not be earned because DE can't do basic math.

 

 

 

I give.  I just can't care anymore.  Fallout 76 can do this, but DE can't.  Heck, Doom: Eternal does this better.  DE...I'd ask you to be ashamed, but I know that you're still patting yourself on the back for the kubrow fur gambling mechanic not being kept, ostensibly because it was exploitative, but realistically because your peers were in the middle of lawsuits at the time so removing the mechanic was protecting you from prosecution.  Yeah....some of us saw through that, and haven't forgotten.

 

 

-Edit-

One more point....because why not.

I have now generated 7 sisters.  I have also completed 7.  The likelihood that I have missed one of the hound models is, assuming they are weighted evenly, 0.667 or 5.4%.  OK...so I'm extremely unlucky.  The more fun bit is that 6 of the 7 are one type.  That's a breezy .66*.336 or 0.085% likelihood of happening.  Hmmm.  I think an 8 in 10,000 likelihood of happening can happen...but what is so much more likely is weighting these...and not including the data in your drop tables.  Just fantastic.

 

-Edit end-

Edited by master_of_destiny
  • Like 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, -HK-JChemnix said:

Please make Tenet Diplos's guided bullets an ault fire mode and not only when aiming, makes it super annoying to get headshots.

Please this.

Just sitting in my arsenal waiting, can't use them effectively with it being "on aim".

P.S. I really hope DE is going to get more testing and evaluation for patches with simultaneous releases, the game can be unplayable at times without constant hot fixes for bugs, and going WEEKS without hotfixes is not okay.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Maybe someone need to look into the TENET ENVOY weapon and against the Nullifier's shields ... because I getting bullets/grenade/rocket stuck in the air when they hit the shield and they will be there for ever + the sound of the lock on when aim the weapon will keep going on and on etc etc

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2021-07-24 at 3:46 PM, zaturalma2 said:

This is NOT a gun buff,

Except it is. You may not think it is but you're wrong.

They have already stated that they feel guns are statistically in the right place. The new mods/arcanes exist purely for endgame balancing, which is why they are not unlockable until after you've cleared the full star chart and progressed into Steel Path.

Guns have never needed a buff. Melee was overtuned by a huge amount but guns have always been in a pretty good spot for the regular game. The ONLY place guns suck is vs steel path grineer due to how the horrible armor to damage reduction formulas work. 

People have been vocalizing a desire for buffed guns for quite awhile but this mostly comes from people who have no idea what they're talking about. Shouting does not make your/their point valid.

On 2021-07-24 at 3:46 PM, zaturalma2 said:

Another problem is corrupted holokey.

This I agree with you 100%. The corrupted Holokey system for unlocking tenet weapons is horribly implemented. It is a huge time sink compared with farming sisters. The drop rate on holokeys should be guaranteed and the total number required for purchase should be set to 72 (12 missions at void tier. Slightly longer than typical sisters farming but not obscene like the current system).

Edited by Leqesai
  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

FIX BUGS instead of adding mastery fodder crap to the game and pile thousands of useless, time-wasting mechanics! solo hijack mission fails at the end, the core stops 1 mother-#*!%ing meter away from the objective!

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi! There's a bug when someone shares you a warframe build. As you click the link to see the build, you see the % of strength, range, efficiency and duration of the shared build, but the abilities numbers you see are the numbers of that ability with YOUR own build, of the warframe you got equipped. Pls fix :D

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2021-07-24 at 6:46 PM, zaturalma2 said:

The gun buff did not work out as planned, it needs immadiate revision:

  • The galvanized mods should not have been new mods. You should have modified the already existing variants.
  • The new galvanized mods should not cost more capacity than their regular version: if you want to buff guns, you need to make them just as accessible as melee. No melee build requires additional formas, why should we bother with the guns if we can still achieve everything faster, easier and cheaper with melee?
  • The arcane adapters are a really bad joke. None of us should waste steel essence on these. Arcane slots have always been unlocked on every single melee and frame, they should be unlocked by default! Again, why should we waste our resources on guns, when we can do everything faster, easier and cheaper with melee?
  • Several of the galvanized mods are not working at all, they need to be fixed ASAP!

This is NOT a gun buff, this is another grind to waste our time to maybe get a gun that can do a fraction of melee damage....

Another problem is corrupted holokey. It is a bad joke. Lich weapons not from liches??? The holokeys are not dropping (1 out of 10 is not 35% chance, please do not try to RNG me, calculate the odds, its basic math, it is very unlikely to happen). Also: we have to wait a WEEK?!? to rotate the weapons at Glast and maybe, MAYBE get an element I want??? I finished the whole sister grind in a week!

There is something very wrong with your decision making lately. You make so many cool stuff and you always ALWAYS do something stupid like these and its getting very frustrating!

Update has been out for three weeks and galvanized mods are still broken, unbelievable.

Edited by Sathenus
Typo
  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2021-07-25 at 8:34 PM, master_of_destiny said:

So...I've given the update enough time, and enough play, to finally put all of my ideas together.  I know you won't read, but hopefully somebody will at least repeat what matters in some form where you actually engage.

 

That said, I'd like to start with the overall good from the Sisters of Parvos.

  1. The additional weapons generally are interesting.  Not great, but genuinely an improvement and not simply a novel side change.
  2. The ability to face a Lich down on a ship is finally delivering on a promise that is about two years old.
  3. Seeing the invigoration system is...interesting.  I have mixed thoughts, but the positive is that it gives us a reason to play frames that previously were meh.
  4. I...kind of like the new robot dogs.  Yeah, they're still broken.  They largely cannot be used in stealth.  Their AI is a mess....but despite all of the flaws it's fun to use them in that one in a thousand instance where they create an orbital strike in the middle of a bunch of enemies and actually demonstrate they're not MOA level garbage.

 

With those positives, let's now discuss the far more numerous negatives.  Boy...what a mess.  I could pull out ten new bugs, or maybe ten new things that seem to be broken, or perhaps ten new things that demonstrate you lost the story on fun five years ago and now only exist to chase dead trends.  I'll refrain from all of this, and just cover what absolutely chafes me about you either blatantly lying or being incompetent.  

  1. The "streamlined" lich experience is that for the sisters, but not for the Grineer.  Maybe you should get on that, instead of waiting two weeks to show us cross-play...when you can't even consistently launch the same update across all platforms unless it's a buggy mess.
  2. The holokeys.  Wow.  I didn't think you could do worse than the Pennant/Quellor.  You handed us your collective beer, and gave us the Ambassador and the holokey grind.  Goody.  I can earn one weapon a week, I have a random element, and a random strength, and I top this all off with about a 1:3 chance of getting up to 5 holokeys per railjack mission.  What a gigantic way to state that railjack isn't getting play, so you'll just force us to grind it.  Yeah....
  3. Let's also talk just idiotic new bugs.  I have done two syndicate missions where I had a corpus ice planet tile.  The game detects me falling off the edge...while standing on a solid surface.  I then spawn inside the jail...with no wardens because I never activated the door.  I...uh...I shouldn't complain because it's easy mode...but seriously, wtf?  
  4. The kuva weapons continue to be a consternation.  The Kuva Hek is ok...if you invest heavily in it.  It's funny that on one hand you justify the Vaykor Hek has a built in mod, so scattering justice isn't usable on it.  On the other, you provide no reason for the Kuva Hek...and just let us assume it's too powerful.  The Kuva Grattler is a mess...because you give us 3 polarities and force 5 forma onto the thing...meaning that I have 80*2 or 160 total drain capacity for the thing.  There's literally no combination of mods that can get close to using this.  Top that with garbage stats...and it's a serious head scratcher.  You combine this with the return of the Flux Rifle and Arca Plasmor...and I can't imagine why the Grineer weapons matter.
  5. Speaking of mattering...when are you going to fix the galvanized mods?  I equip them...discover they don't work...and  have to ask who exactly play tested this mess and said things were fine.
  6. Yareli...  168 hours (12+72+12+72).  I cannot even begin to understand why this is an acceptable state.  We can't get necramechs, because they might be unable to move through doors.  We can't get k-drives...for the same reason.  We can get a frame whose primary survivability power is a k-drive, without the customization.  I...do you know the definition of words?
  7. So...adaptation for enemies.  Enemies who can teleport, instantly regen shields, regen shields while taking damage, and most frustratingly of all summon large enough mobs that you can literally be surrounded because the level geometry literally hides enemies from you until they're on top of you.  WTF?
  8. Finally, though only by virtue of brevity, hounds.  I get one piece per sister.  Each hound requires 4 pieces.  I get one full random build for every killed sister.  The sister generation doesn't control the hound piece.  The hound pieces can literally be the same three or more (I've confirmed 3 Zubb brackets) times in a row.  This is of course after getting a sister to spawn, getting them to spawn the desired item, grinding the killing, and surviving enemies that are designed to be both miserable sponges and to dwindle your damage from both high damage and high fire rate weapons.  I've had 1 of one type of hound, and 4 of the other.  Never even seen the third type.  This...doesn't make me want to keep grinding.  What it tells me is in about six months DE will be patching in a half dozen new Tenet weapons...so I'm not going to engage with this system.  Just like the Helminth, it's something that will penalize early adopters.  Bravo.  I now don't want to play.

 

 

So, let's wrap this up.  I'd generally suggest some ways you could fix things, but I don't believe you care.  Some absolute *** hole at DE decided that instead of designing fun, then extending it with grind, that you'd instead simply layer multiple grinds upon one another.  That'd be frustrating, but then you've got whole new grinds that force engagement, and literally reward you for skipping engagement.  It's all about the speed grind, because engaging and doing the side objectives can literally not give you enough reward to make up for the time invested.  This reeks of Ten Cent.  Oh, but instead of literal hours of grinding, followed by a 20 minute survival, for garbage drop chances, I can simply spend real money.  I'd be angry...but at this point I can only laugh.  Even your content creators are having a hard time swallowing this poison.

 

Maybe the New War changes things.  I'm betting that on day one I get to join the Tenno space program while playing as Teshin...because every time you've introduced physics based stuff it inevitably leads to yeeting yourself across the map, Zoren copter style.  The problem is that this was embraced at one point, but now it'll be something disabled because one youtuber finds a way to break progression so you'll simply disable things.  Good lord DE, what do I even say to you?  

 

Ah well....  I'm about three weeks from no longer caring.  Why is simple.  The next nightwave will hit.  I'm sure it will be a disappointment, and the two year experiment will be shown to be infinitely worse than the alert system...which at this point could be reinstated and give out holokeys...or Teshin bucks, or any other goofy currency that another arbitrary NPC could use to sell a rotating offering set constantly changing to force player engagement.  You know, that thing people suggested years ago, and DE implemented with arbitrations, but somehow couldn't be bothered to duplicate with alerts....despite half duplicating it with credits that are both limited, time locked, and can eventually not be earned because DE can't do basic math.

 

 

 

I give.  I just can't care anymore.  Fallout 76 can do this, but DE can't.  Heck, Doom: Eternal does this better.  DE...I'd ask you to be ashamed, but I know that you're still patting yourself on the back for the kubrow fur gambling mechanic not being kept, ostensibly because it was exploitative, but realistically because your peers were in the middle of lawsuits at the time so removing the mechanic was protecting you from prosecution.  Yeah....some of us saw through that, and haven't forgotten.

 

 

-Edit-

One more point....because why not.

I have now generated 7 sisters.  I have also completed 7.  The likelihood that I have missed one of the hound models is, assuming they are weighted evenly, 0.667 or 5.4%.  OK...so I'm extremely unlucky.  The more fun bit is that 6 of the 7 are one type.  That's a breezy .66*.336 or 0.085% likelihood of happening.  Hmmm.  I think an 8 in 10,000 likelihood of happening can happen...but what is so much more likely is weighting these...and not including the data in your drop tables.  Just fantastic.

 

-Edit end-

Point 4 on your negatives section. You're actually wrong about something, according to napkin math the Kuva Hek with the syndicate mod would be OP 🤣

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ok so holokeys? Wow I'd say that I can't imagine anyone wanting to run these railjack missions and it says 37% but that's not happening and wow this is not a good mission concept.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, Owlinaz said:

Ok so holokeys? Wow I'd say that I can't imagine anyone wanting to run these railjack missions and it says 37% but that's not happening and wow this is not a good mission concept.

Just another 15 min mission and no holokeys.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...