Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Steel Path Life Support Drops

Am I the only one left with the impression that life support drops, despite more enemies to drop more life support, are dropping at a reduced rate on the Steel Path than on standard difficulty? Should it not be easier to sustain life support if hundreds more enemies are picked-off in the same time intervals due to greater enemy populations?

Am 17.7.2021 um 16:25 schrieb (XBOX)Der Ablehnen:

Am I the only one left with the impression that life support drops, despite more enemies to drop more life support, are dropping at a reduced rate on the Steel Path than on standard difficulty? Should it not be easier to sustain life support if hundreds more enemies are picked-off in the same time intervals due to greater enemy populations?

i mostly play against infested because i want quick kills. here I usually always have 100% and there are more than enough things lying around.

with grinner / corpus actually the same. only here you have to shoot more from time to time because of bubbles.

You're not the only one. In normal Eris survival I can go on and on without using life support; the same node in the steel path and I'm at 20% before the first 5 minutes have passed. Other factions don't drop life support as readily as the infested, but they too have reduced drop rate in the steel path.

On 2021-07-17 at 4:25 PM, (XBOX)Der Ablehnen said:

reduced rate on the Steel Path than on standard difficulty? Should it not be easier to sustain life support

I don't think it should be easier to sustain life support on the Steel Path, as this mode is supposed to be more difficult. Also, it is entirely possible to keep life support up without using towers, if you kill fast enough. Here, an example, I only started using one tower everytime it respawned close to max level:

2 hours ago, Traumtulpe said:

I don't think it should be easier to sustain life support on the Steel Path, as this mode is supposed to be more difficult. Also, it is entirely possible to keep life support up without using towers, if you kill fast enough. Here, an example, I only started using one tower everytime it respawned close to max level:

It's as wildly variant from the minuscule drop chances in Steel Path as it is with the spawn issues that occur in the normal chart. Sometimes you're killing constant spawns as they stream in towards you, and still get boned on the RNG.

I don't think whatever shady tactics you have to pull to last until and operate at that level should be considered rational expectations for the normal player-base, either.

1 hour ago, TheLexiConArtist said:

I don't think whatever shady tactics you have to pull to last until and operate at that level should be considered rational expectations for the normal player-base, either.

I wouldn't call crowd control shady tactics, and the only scaling that matters in this game is armor - bypass that with slash procs, and the enemies level isn't much of a factor either.

Also, are you saying I got lucky with life support drops for 9 hours straight?

I suggested something a few years ago (not sure if it was actually implemented), enemies are getting defensive/safe in distant rooms similar to ancient leeches, this enemy strategy is smart and interactive for gameplay but significantly penalizes some stationary frames.

Feels like stationary frames without Drop Chance Augments such as Vauban are being negatively affected as the following situations can happen:

• the enemy does not come to the player like an suicidal npc.
  • the enemy looks dont drop life support when drop energy orb.
  • like void traces the enemy looks decreased life support drop in the same tileset.

the survival missions and the life support system is outdated for the game's theme. I mentioned in this topic how the "mission failed" factor is outdated:

the life support system needs to negatively/progressively affect the player's life and not expel players from the mission ignoring all remaining lives.

6 hours ago, Traumtulpe said:

video:

Spoiler

I even agree that the mode is harder and should be harder but there is something preventing most frames in this game mode. the case here concerns stationary and fragile frames without crowd control abilities.

Perhaps skills like Gloom, Ivara's Invisible Arrows or Octavia's Roller can guarantee mobile survival but still doesn't compare to Saryn's crowd control.

1 hour ago, Famecans said:

Perhaps skills like Gloom, Ivara's Invisible Arrows or Octavia's Roller can guarantee mobile survival but still doesn't compare to Saryn's crowd control.

I've taken Miasma off for Shooting Gallery. So you are talking about Mesa's crowd control.

I can't say exact numbers for general 4 player squad drop rates, but my rough guesstimate is: with 4 player spawn rates comes 4 player drop rates. From experience, you need around 100-110 kills per minute to fully support yourself with drops. In other words, if your weapon has a 2 second reload, you're falling behind by 3-4 kills per reload. SP survival is very unforgiving with respect to the equipment you're bringing. AOE or stay home.

• 2 months later...
On 2021-07-19 at 10:11 AM, Traumtulpe said:

This looks like a modified Elite Onslaught build for kill rate, which implies that Saryn would be of the available limited 'meta'.

On 2021-07-19 at 7:41 PM, Famecans said:

exactly. 👌

Spores are the important factor for damage on Saryn. That's what allows for thousands of damage per tick.

On 2021-07-19 at 12:11 PM, Traumtulpe said:

I guess, 

It's unfortunate, a glimmer of hope that we had finally got something to allow us to play survival solo, without being at an unnecessary disadvantage like lower enemy spawns. Instead we are met with a new issue, increased enemy spawns but lower life support drop chance, creating no actual improvement to the actual issue lol

Least we have enemies to fight though as opposed to 1 per hour though. Almost heaven

LS is definitely got butchered as drops when entering Steel Path which makes AoE, which was already popular, even more used in solo runs to keep your KPS up and let LS drop at a rate you want it to be. That's if you want to do Survival runs like this: 

On 2021-07-17 at 4:25 PM, (XBOX)Der Ablehnen said:

Am I the only one left with the impression that life support drops, despite more enemies to drop more life support, are dropping at a reduced rate on the Steel Path than on standard difficulty

That's what it Seems like Yeah....

I'm using Booben so I can round up a metric ton of Enemies and kill them all at once.... Only to get a few Life Support Modules.... It's uncanny....

On 2021-07-18 at 5:49 PM, Battle.Mage said:

with grinner / corpus actually the same. only here you have to shoot more from time to time because of bubbles.

Not a Problem for Booben... If I switch to Toxin I can kill them just as Quickly as any other Faction...

That being said... Lately Ive been using Maggy... And Steel Path is definitely a challenge when going from Armor Warframe to Shield Warframe....

Archived