Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

End of Nightwave Intermission 3

[DE]Dudley

On 2021-07-18 at 4:19 AM, Memorii said:

Will the cap for Nightwave Intermission 3 be raised? I'm already capped and I've seen other forum threads and reddit posts from people who have been capped since around the end of June. I know I personally would love to get some more creds to buy some more catalysts and reactors (especially with all the new stuff from Update 30.5, lol).

On 2021-07-18 at 8:42 AM, ElvenX said:

Can we please get the cap removed from only 60 Prestige Levels ? A lot of players have been capped for quite a while now and it would be nice to be able to get some extra creds for our effort, we could really use those creds for catalysts and other stuff after the Sister's of Parvos update with so many weapons. Thank you .

On 2021-07-18 at 9:00 AM, (PSN)Crazy_Mr_J said:

And what about adds new ranks for Intermissions before the end of the actual one ? i've a lot of points lost in the Void and i'm always interested to bought Nitain Extract for my Aura Forma and Stance Forma's crafts :thinking:

I'm sure i'm not the only one who's interested by this new Ranks, so please, add them before the ending of this Intermission :heart:

18 hours ago, Notsae said:

There really just shouldn't be a cap at all. The point of Nightwave is to give people a reason to go out and do things they may otherwise have ignored, putting a cap on the amount of creds you can earn completely defeats the point. Once you've hit the entirely arbitrary max rank, why would you ever bother doing any of the little challenges? Without that incentive, those people will go back to ignoring all that stuff, and thus Nightwave has failed its purpose. Just get rid of the cap in its entirety, and let nightwave actually succeed at its job.

All of this, the cap is bad when Nightwave drags on, I hope the next one is run better.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, LillyRaccune said:

I think it is necessary. DE said they want to focus on NewWar. Any challenges related to the new content will probably need new back-end code to make sure they get tracked successfully. The same is true for any new rewards (like the Arcane Ash helmet instead of the Operator Wolf Hood).

Maybe you know: Did DE say that the Oro ship decoration will be added to the Nightwave reward table? I thought they announced it, but I don't remember...

nyynvNB.gif

You make a good point. It probably is some kind of server update thing where they need the downtime to make sure everything is transferred smoothly to the new Nightwave, and any new rewards or challenges it might have. Perhaps a potential solution to deal with restive Tenno would be a handful of the old Nitain alerts or something during the downtime? FTR I don't need Nitain nor care, but I see a wave of Tenno giving feedback about it on the forums (which I tend to use to pass the time in between waves of business while managing a busy 115 room hotel lol), every time there is a Nightwave pause. 

As for the second bit, I am not sure, but I really hope so. 

Edited by Tesseract7777
  • Like 3

So, people will be caught off-guard once again, because the system is NOT notifying the user about nightwave ending.

This would have been another NW getting changed without me spending all the points I've left.

This is not cool, DE.

• Like 4

30 minutes ago, (XBOX)ALB3RT0uk said:

Hi - does anybody know what happens with nightwave credits? will they carry over to the new nightwave? thank you

they don't expire but you can't do anything with them other than selling them for credits when the season is over, you better spend everything you have even if it's for things you don't need.

Am 17.7.2021 um 18:51 schrieb [DE]Dudley:

qD7XkbGM8pEQjfHf5knzY3qTKfnc6szuL2MQnmwt

Greetings Dreamers!

At TennoCon 2021 we announced that Nightwave Intermission 3 is coming to an end on July 28th at 2 pm ET.

When Nightwave Intermission 3 has concluded, there will be a transition into Nightwave: Nora’s Choice. This brings back some of Nora’s favourite Rewards but also introduces the new exclusive Yareli in Action Glyph and the Waveform Ephemera for the first time. You can tune into Nora’s Choice beginning on August 4th at 2 pm ET.

Duplicate Protection Continues!
Intermission rewards are sometimes a repeat of the previous Nightwave series, and while newer players might delight in getting some of these new items, we wanted to add a way for it to still be rewarding for returning Dreamers! We accomplish this by giving a 50 Credit reward instead of a previously owned item. This does not apply to items such as Warframe Slots, or consumable items (such as Forma), but rather for owned, unique items such as previous Nightwave Cosmetics.

Upcoming changes?
As we mentioned in our previous post: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1247630-nightwave-intermission-iii-is-now-live/, we shifted our focus from Nightwave to develop The New War and beyond in Warframe. Nightwave is a regular and reliable reward track for Tenno of all experience levels. Play and get cool stuff! Continuing into Nora’s Choice will allow us to ensure we give The New War the attention it deserves. Our goal to have a simultaneous release across all Platforms remains the same.

You might want to give an ingame announcement for the end of the current nightwave.

• Like 3

By the way, I'm not a math expert but if I'm not wrong dropping the wolf hammer nowadays needs IN AVERAGE (we all know that our luck is far worst than this aha) 2000 credits offering ... yeah ... 2K ... let's say it's impossible to farm anymore as there is a lot of other things to buy in nightwave and it also depends on the shop rotation.
Will DE do something about this in the future ?

• Like 2

couldn't even increase the cap before ending it., must be so hard to do that. I guess it should be expected since there are no updates for outdated/useless frames and can't even give helminth experience. just make an announcement stating play your game less.

• Like 2

I'm not even surprised to have an intermission in an intermission, it's like they only realizing now that writing a new story every now and then takes more effort than they anticipated. I only wish the alerts could've stayed alongside nora, there could even be a separate set for steel path and railjack now.

• Like 2

Reading this thread has stunned me. Just realized how close I was to being "capped". I rely on Nightwave for Nitain, Reactors and Catalysts. I don't think that I have the skill to get these any other way. So yeah, this does feel a bit like "pay to win".

1 minute ago, Lotus-123 said:

Reading this thread has stunned me. Just realized how close I was to being "capped". I rely on Nightwave for Nitain, Reactors and Catalysts. I don't think that I have the skill to get these any other way. So yeah, this does feel a bit like "pay to win".

It is definitely not pay to win, but we must keep after them to voice our needs and what starts to feel unfair.Everyone is busy with the new stuff so we have to help them stay on top of what is needed by Talking about it!

• Like 1

On 2021-07-20 at 7:15 AM, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

Working as intended.

Players purchased more Market items when NW cut off.

but its not *really* pay to win, when the first hit is free, right?

7 minutes ago, Lotus-123 said:

I am; MR 30, Less than 400 days logged in, never paid a dime.

Your argument is invalid.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, (PSN)ImpiusNex said:

I am; MR 30, Less than 400 days logged in, never paid a dime.

Your argument is invalid.

I'm happy for you. You are a skilled Tenno. But it is illogical to say that the argument is invalid. Some of us may not have the greatest gaming skills. Nightwave was a way that less skilled gamers could get some resources that are very difficult to obtain. I don't see the point in capping it - except to force players to obtain the resource in a different way. If a gamer can't do the hard missions, then what other way is there except paying for it?

• Like 3