Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

End of Nightwave Intermission 3

[DE]Dudley

16 minutes ago, (PSN)cyberthorn said:

While I was aware of this because of TennoCon, the NightWave console specifically said they'd give *2 weeks notice* IN THE NEWSFEED CONSOLE. Not in the forums, on the console. They only gave two days. So they lied about the notice, unfortunately.

Oh they just made a mistake with all the effort they are putting into the new war, its possible that it simply slipped past them

8 hours ago, Leontiesh said:

You are mistaken. This was announced yesterday, as you can clearly see from the screenshot taken from the in game News panel, where News relevant to the game are posted.

I care about Nightwave and that's where I looked for news about Nightwave, where previously news about Nightwave were posted, including end dates with ample time. I didn't watch Tennocon or read the forums because it didn't interest me at that time. News about Nightwave did interest me and they were posted 1 day ago. I'm not you, so I speak for myself.

unknown.png

This is absolutely true. I've heard reports on consoles that they got this announcement at around the same time PC got it too (Monday afternoon, PST time). And Nightwave ended today (Wednesday morning, PST time).

This works out to less than a 2-day warning from when it was announced and it caught a ton of people off guard.

• Yes, I've watched the Tennocon highlights, but there was no mention there of how long we had left on Nightwave intermission.

The whole point of the Nightwave system is to improve player engagement through cool rewards and FOMO, but it doesn't work if you don't give people a chance to plan time with the game if all you give them is a 2-day warning. It's just frankly unacceptable to your playerbase.

Even other games with battle-pass systems clearly state when the event ends with how many days and hours you have left, displayed on the UI.

I'm not asking for an exact date months ahead on when Nightwave ends, I'm just asking that DE gives players at least a 2-week notification where most players can see it, NOT 2 DAYS.

Edited by KitMellow
  • Like 4

They removed the News announcement. At this point this is just bizarre behavior, no matter how much of a fan boy you are. I wish I understood what's going on over at DE. They're usually more open and reasonable about these things. 

unknown.png

unknown.png

• Like 7

5 hours ago, Leontiesh said:

You are mistaken. I wasn't surprised by its ending, it was surprised by it ending 1 day after being announced its ending. And I didn't reaped what I sowed at all. It bugged out and something else prevented me from reaping. Had it worked correctly, as advertised, I wouldn't be talking about it. I payed attention, I saw the announcement. I logged in daily. Wasn't enough. The fact that you are saying that it's my fault instead of DE's is comical. As long as DE said that this is possible, to finish Nightwave with recovered missions, then I expect it to be true. But it wasn't so, it's bugged. Here I am with rank 25 and no missions left to complete. If this was working as advertised by DE then I'd have finished this already instead of writing about it on the forum.

unknown.png

Lol, they still haven't fixed this.

I think I've pointed this out previously already, that the shop itself doesn't properly reflect when it's ending.

Luckily, I was around and was able to spend my credits. But despite that, again the facepalm is just very strong in DE and their battlepass system. And as said in previous feedback:

How hard would it be to keep the shop open until the next one starts and just stop the challenges when it ends?

• Like 9

Just got caught off guard by it ending, nothing on the news tab on my orbiter, no warning ingame, nothing.

I just wanted to get some things with my creds on a couple of orokin reactors before it ended man. f this. 

• Like 9

I come here to this forum to express my disappointment in  the communication.

Fair warning to spend my credits has been the norm, I have not even SEEN the announcement and i regularly check the news.....

Now the announcement is removed?

Feels bad.

• Like 8

48 minutes ago, HellGuard696 said:

Just wondering if Intermission III cred will be useless as usual? Forgot to spend these creds before intermission ended and I have a bunch of them...

Yep, they are gone and you got a few credits for them...  I lost about 500 so all that Nitain or Kuva went Poof!

This was not sufficient IN GAME notification.  You really screwed people here DE.  But hey, we're the only fools reading this crap to commiserate with others that only come to the forums to figure out a problem.  I mean coding a notice into opening the NW menu would take effort, but not a 30 second forum post and a tweet with <24 hours notice.

Edited by Buzzkill2176
  • Like 7

seems like the the issue was the medium at which the announcement was delivered. it was delivered in a timely matter to those who attended tennocon/tennolive and those who follow these forums; but, the announcement was not delivered in a timely matter in-game with the news section. i'm gonna assume there was also no frontpage announcement on warframe.com either. even an in-game inbox message from nora delivered to everyone would have been most efficient...or a frontpage news announcement on the launcher (for pc players...maybe console too idk?).

i know digital extremes is a small company compared to the typical giants, but shouldn't they just hire a temp team to help with communication if they are overwhelmed? or was the current communication team on vacation after tennocon/tennolive? lolz.

don't get me wrong though. i made it to rank 90. but for newer players and procrastinators...they have a case.

Edited by Lanesplitter

Anything on DE's side about this? As a somewhat new player I'm rather tilted about this because I've been needing every resource I can get my hands on, and wanted to know if they'll at least let us shop with the points we got. 

To me it seems kinda scuffed that they would do this kind of thing with a part of the community just because they preffer to post it on their twitter rather than in the game itself. 

• Like 3

Well what a shock.... another intermission.....

It's been pretty obvious from the second nightwave that DE can't manage to do nightwave AND other updates at the same time so maybe its time to accept that it just doesn't work as well as intended.

Honestly I think the best thing would be for nightwave to be changed to a 'weekly challenge' syndicate with it's own store and rewards (including umbra forma, kuva etc) where we can just buy what we want rather than the tiered rewards we have now, it's not like the rewards were that different between each nightwave. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Buzzkill2176 said:

Yep, they are gone and you got a few credits for them...  I lost about 500 so all that Nitain or Kuva went Poof!

This was not sufficient IN GAME notification.  You really screwed people here DE.  But hey, we're the only fools reading this crap to commiserate with others that only come to the forums to figure out a problem.  I mean coding a notice into opening the NW menu would take effort, but not a 30 second forum post and a tweet with <24 hours notice.

Thanks for the reply, I am on the same boat as you and lost 800-ish creds, I found that I still have a bunch of left-over Intermission II creds also.

They really should give people an in-game notification, a pop-up window or an email when we login, oh right, Nora doesn't have a line either a valid email address I guess, and it would be awesome to set up a temporary npc/store or sort of thing where we could spend the left-over creds after the removal of current nightwave event, there are always people who aren't aware, or don't spend time to check forums etc..

• Like 2

vor einer Stunde schrieb HellGuard696:

Thanks for the reply, I am on the same boat as you and lost 800-ish creds, I found that I still have a bunch of left-over Intermission II creds also.

They really should give people an in-game notification, a pop-up window or an email when we login, oh right, Nora doesn't have a line either a valid email address I guess, and it would be awesome to set up a temporary npc/store or sort of thing where we could spend the left-over creds after the removal of current nightwave event, there are always people who aren't aware, or don't spend time to check forums etc..

or maybe they should rework the idea that every intermission and season need its own creds and change them in a nightwave cred form for everytime to use but well im not going to be bother doing anything myself to ask DE for something that i can easily ignore more and be happyer ignoring stuff like that

the funny thing is this will happen again and again and again as we saw in some of the nightwaves everytime it ends there will be people that may have missed the ending announcement but well

Edited by Keiyadan
  • Like 2

That decision was terrible, announce it in a live and show only for 2 days on the ship's console was too little...

Even the hosts of the show didn't sit down for the full show, and now lots of players who didn't log in on the weekend for some reason lost the chance to buy something on NW store... AWFULL decision on my opinion.

• Like 2

I've been a bit distracted of late as a result of job searching and other IRL issues, so I haven't been paying attention to Warframe-related news as much I usually do, which has unfortunately led to me forgetting that the Nightwave intermission was ending, and all the credits I had earned going to waste.

As such, I just have to ask: Would it be possible to get an in-game notification that a Nightwave season or intermission was ending soon? Maybe, like, a message pop-up as soon as you log in?

Edited by Shiroi-Tsuki
  • Like 4

9 hours ago, Leontiesh said:

They removed the News announcement. At this point this is just bizarre behavior, no matter how much of a fan boy you are. I wish I understood what's going on over at DE. They're usually more open and reasonable about these things. 

unknown.png

unknown.png

This is almost morbidly humorous for me. I have almost a thousand useless nightwave creds now and the one day they announced this in-game was the one day I didn't play.

I missed the notification because I chose the wrong day to take a break on.

• Like 5