Jump to content

Don't make exclusive drops a server-busting event by scheduling them for specific times


ArmsForPeace84
 Share

Recommended Posts

Next TennoCon, please consider making the exclusive drops part of the wider all-day, or all-weekend, event.

Instead of "everybody get online at once" and then the servers start smoking in their racks because, surprise, surprise, everybody got online at once.

Because it's a lot easier to get excited, and stay excited, about great new things for Warframe if we can log in and play Warframe.

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

there is no reason to login, people misjudged the timing thinking they have to stay in relay entire time to get the drops, where else it's only during tennolive that they have to stay in relay

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The only time you "need" to be logged in is during Tennolive for the armor set and longsword skin, otherwise its just watching with a correctly linked twitch account.

Tennocon Baro from the digital pack is around for 7 days so no need to worry about missing it today.

Also DE are currently working on server issues: https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1272574-site-server-access-issues/

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, NovusNova said:

The only time you "need" to be logged in is during Tennolive

FOMO is a thing. literally the thing happening right now, wouldn't you agree? it's pretty dishonest to dismiss that, especially in this industry.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Rawbeard said:

FOMO is a thing. literally the thing happening right now, wouldn't you agree? it's pretty dishonest to dismiss that, especially in this industry.

What is posted is valid feedback and I didn't mean to make it look like I was dismissing their feedback. In my opinion, some of the "FOMO" panic, is people misunderstanding what drops from where and / or waiting until today to check account linking.

Myself and other moderators have already spoken to many people, who have been asking if they will miss out on drops because they aren't in the Tennolive relay, not realising that all you need for the Gunblade and Loki Prime, which seems to be what most people want, is a linked account and watch on Twitch.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, NovusNova said:

In my opinion, some of the "FOMO" panic, is people misunderstanding what drops from where and / or waiting until today to check account linking.

FOMO is not a rational response. you are doing it again, even if you say that is not your intent.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was luckily able to make it work and get the items by remotely accessing my computer and setting up in the relay, but I think it's real f*ckin' dumb to lock items behind needing to be in-game in a very small timeframe. Just have it open for 24 hours for people to log in and get the things so you don't stress 1) the Hell out of your servers and 2) players that have to work on the weekends.

FOMO exploitation is the worst.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Unfortunately for me, I didn't even get a chance to get Loki Prime because the stream in my time zone started at 2:30am. As a last ditch effort, I decided to keep the stream running while I'm asleep (because it's a Sunday FYI) in hopes that I'll have it. When I woke up at 8:00am... found a network error on my screen and didn't even get it.

I was actually going to jump back into the game too, but since I just got slapped in the face because I'm not in America, might as well uninstall and play something else. Why on Earth would you not give it a whole 24 hour period to redeem it is way beyond my comprehension.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, (XBOX)Beetle Blast said:

Unfortunately for me, I didn't even get a chance to get Loki Prime because the stream in my time zone started at 2:30am. As a last ditch effort, I decided to keep the stream running while I'm asleep (because it's a Sunday FYI) in hopes that I'll have it. When I woke up at 8:00am... found a network error on my screen and didn't even get it.

I was actually going to jump back into the game too, but since I just got slapped in the face because I'm not in America, might as well uninstall and play something else. Why on Earth would you not give it a whole 24 hour period to redeem it is way beyond my comprehension.

THIS. I was at work while the event was happening, so i set my desktop to watch the stream the whole time, and my friend did me a favor by being in the relay on my account. When i came home just now, the event is well over, and i dont have the items ingame. I check my PC, and windows automatically restarted it... Now im just stuck unable to get the items? WTF

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...