Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nidus Prime revealed [UPDATE]: Strun Prime and Magnus Prime

Jarriaga

Update: Strun Prime and Magnus Prime (Single gun) confirmed today on Devstream.

----------------------------------------------------

Update: So DE's site indicates Gara Prime access ends on Wednesday, September 8th and thus the release date for Nidus Prime. That's a first; Prime Access has always been on Tuesdays. I'm also surprised at the very long delay considering Nidus Prime's model was shown in Tennocon back in July.

---------------------------------------------

I was honestly expecting something a lot more.... Elegant. Still, nice to see him.

Also: Hema and Hirudo will not be Primed because they are actual infested weapons. Instead, Nidus Prime will come with old Tenno weapons that are yet to get a Prime version.

nph.png

np.png

Gotta say I'm kinda disappointed not with the overall design but its going to cause me to use the deluxe skin. When i thought of a primes nidus i was pretty sure it would get rid of the Asymmetrical stuff a lot of people hated about it. Personally I think that an Orokin Nidus would be perfectly symmetrical. its still a beautiful design and while it is a great concept i cant help but think this would even play into the lore.

Nidus Prime makes no sense at all, story wise.
His story quest spefically says that he was born from a mutated strain of the Infestation, his very birth teaching the Myconians how to become immune to infestation.
Nidus was NOT made by the Orokin, so there should be no Prime of him!

Would make much more sense to get something like a "Nidus Plague" (or something like that), a stronger version of Nidus coming from the Gray Strain on Deimos. Maybe even as a story quest...

Just now, Serious_Lee said:

His story quest spefically says that he was born from a mutated strain of the Infestation, his very birth teaching the Myconians how to become immune to infestation.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSzMvQzaRlMqeYjymlQU3v

I really like the simplified look of Nidus Prime, but when Mutated he just becomes this crazy mass of infestation. It's really cool. 

Also, if you look closely within his helmet, you can see some cat-like features. It gives definitely gives him a "wild lion" look while Mutated. Mynki did a banger job with this one.

I have to say that I am pretty disappointed with it too. For me, it's really more that the base for looks great, but the stacks form literally just looks like a messy mop of visual noise instead of anything that looks like a well designed, cohesive form that makes sense and has good visual presence and visual silhouette.

It's Glorious!                                                                                                                                                                                                                       images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRteZuGA254PANulvDz0k4

4 minutes ago, Serious_Lee said:

Would make much more sense to get something like a "Nidus Plague" (or something like that), a stronger version of Nidus coming from the Gray Strain on Deimos. Maybe even as a story quest...

all warframes are made from a special infestation strain, my dude, you just made all the rest of that up. given that the helminth is a 'safe' breed of infestation that more or less stays inside his room instead of trying to eat the whole ship and everything in it, it lines up that the myconians' secret to taming the infestation is whatever macguffin data they found in nidus' blueprint simply because he's entirely made out of naked technocyte

26 minutes ago, Serious_Lee said:

Like DE care about that

33 minutes ago, Serious_Lee said:

Let’s just let the devs decide that stuff, yeah? Not every frame with a special theme needs to have their own different version of prime.

6 minutes ago, Myscho said:

Like DE care about that

Considering they literally made that quest, the frame, all of the lore, and specified his priming would be incorporated into the lore, I would say yes, it’s fairly evident that do very much care about that.

14 minutes ago, Ceryk said:

looks like a messy mop of visual noise instead of anything that looks like a well designed, cohesive form that makes sense and has good visual presence and visual silhouette.

To me almost all latest frames look like this.   Too much detail, cloth, shiny bits and all that stuff.   I so much prefer old frame designs like Excal, Volt, Mag, Nova and Frost...

The only prime I really like the looks of is Ash.  

35 minutes ago, Serious_Lee said:

I thought that when Valkyr Prime came out, they did a retcon on primes and said that the original warframes were the originals (or prototypes) and Primes were like the premium versions shown publicly and such. Don't quote me on that, but I remember hearing that in a dev stream and such somewhere... since the comic for Octavia also had her base warframe instead of her prime, since the prime didn't exist at the time. So, if we go by the "The normal warframes were the original prototypes" thing, a Nidus Prime makes sense as well as Valkyr Prime.

20 minutes ago, ThatonePenguinPerson said:

I thought that when Valkyr Prime came out, they did a retcon on primes and said that the original warframes were the originals (or prototypes) and Primes were like the premium versions shown publicly and such. Don't quote me on that, but I remember hearing that in a dev stream and such somewhere... since the comic for Octavia also had her base warframe instead of her prime, since the prime didn't exist at the time. So, if we go by the "The normal warframes were the original prototypes" thing, a Nidus Prime makes sense as well as Valkyr Prime.

No, there's been no statement that said the regular frames were first.

38 minutes ago, Kainosh said:

To me almost all latest frames look like this.   Too much detail, cloth, shiny bits and all that stuff.   I so much prefer old frame designs like Excal, Volt, Mag, Nova and Frost...

The only prime I really like the looks of is Ash.  

It's not about detail, it's about readability. All the new frames, highly detailed as they are, are still highly readable. This literally looks like a mop.

Archived