Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nidus Prime revealed [UPDATE]: Strun Prime and Magnus Prime

Jarriaga

2 minutes ago, (XBOX)YoungGunn82 said:

Magnus will benefit from deadly maneuvers and Hemorrhage. It also shoots a bit faster per shot. So with those two mods Magnus will be much much more powerful than Pandero. Want even be close. 

if I wanted slash I would stick to vasto prime

4 minutes ago, (XBOX)YoungGunn82 said:

Magnus will benefit from deadly maneuvers and Hemorrhage. It also shoots a bit faster per shot. So with those two mods Magnus will be much much more powerful than Pandero. Won’t even be close. 

Yeah at first I thought it was a little strange the buff was mainly for critting and no straight damage buff on the numbers. 

But I didn't know about Deadly Maneuvers, with that mod this weapon will be a beast. That's why their main focus was making it more of a crit monster, it all makes sense. 

3 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

Yeah at first I thought it was a little strange the buff was mainly for critting and no straight damage buff on the numbers. 

But I didn't know about Deadly Maneuvers, with that mod this weapon will be a beast. That's why their main focus was making it more of a crit monster, it all makes sense. 

thats a pretty terrible gimmick lol. critical on only only headshots for 2 shots on a high fire rate weapon. dont want to lose my mind dodging for hours

Just now, hackedraptor said:

thats a pretty terrible gimmick lol. critical on only only headshots for 2 shots on a high fire rate weapon. dont want to lose my mind dodging for hours

How much use are you going to be getting out of high fire rate spam to begin with when the weapon has a mag size of 8 and a reload of 1.2? 

1 minute ago, (XBOX)YoungGunn82 said:

Magnus will benefit from deadly maneuvers and Hemorrhage.

Unless your weapon has forced impact or has high Impact bias (like 80%+) with very high SC, Hemorrhage is garbage. Magnus Prime doesn't have either really. Carnis Stinger would be better at getting slash procs than Hemorrhage on it.

11 minutes ago, (XBOX)TheWayOfWisdom said:

Unless your weapon has forced impact or has high Impact bias (like 80%+) with very high SC, Hemorrhage is garbage. Magnus Prime doesn't have either really.

Magnus P has a high impact and 28% status. With 2 60 60 mods it will be more than enough. With deadly maneuvers focus on critical damage, damage, multi shot, status and punch thru. Galvanized mods will makes this crazy too. 

7 minutes ago, hackedraptor said:

There is no timer on it or cool down. Dodge dodge headshot. With punch thru it can get pretty nasty actually. Head shots are pretty easy to pull off in this game. 

4 minutes ago, (XBOX)YoungGunn82 said:

Magnus P has a high impact and 28% status. With 2 60 60 mods it will be more than enough. 

No it doesn't lol. It's 46.67% Impact bias at base. Add 2 60/60s and its only 20.59% Impact. Add Saxum Spittle and it's still only 34.15% Impact. Your chance of a slash proc from Hemmorhage is now 9.37%. Your chance of a natural Slash proc is 7.65%.

Now let's do a similar thing, but use Carnis Stinger instead of Saxum Spittle, and Galvanized Shot instead of Hemorrhage. You have 21.05% Slash weight, and ~100% status chance. You also have the added benefit of higher base damage from Galvanized Shot's bonus.

So yea, Hemorrhage goes in the trash.

~

Magnus means "Greatest", and "power house",
so I hope it will be the greatest power-house for pistols.

~

Please give it a special effect,
like how Ballistica Prime can make shadow copies of killed enemies.

If Magnus Prime could have something cool,
base Magnus reminds me of Robocop's gun,
so perhaps a ricochet effect.

Like, shooting the environment will make it ricochet to an enemy if it's close enough.

Or maybe it could boost it's damage on headshot,
and boost accuracy/recoil on body shot.

~

1 hour ago, Jokie155 said:

For the longest time, I was always convinced the ideal would be Nidus Prime, Djinn Prime and Gazal Machete Prime for the synergy and theme all lining up.

Instead, he's used as catch-up for 'missed' weapons? Really?

Actual infested weapons can't be primed as per the game's art director during Tennocon when they revealed Nidus Prime, so there was zero reason to expect Djinn Prime. 

4 minutes ago, Jarriaga said:

Actual infested weapons can't be primed as per the game's art director during Tennocon when they revealed Nidus Prime, so there was zero reason to expect Djinn Prime. 

Isn't Djinn technically still primeable because he is a sentinel and they are tenno faction? 

3 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

Isn't Djinn technically still primeable because he is a sentinel and they are tenno faction? 

You'd presume the same exceptions could be made for openly-designated signature weapons such as the Hirudo. But not even those get a pass.

It seems very inconsistent to me to be honest if we consider all Warframes are infested.

Just now, Jarriaga said:

You'd presume the same exceptions could be made for openly-designated signature weapons such as the Hirudo. But not even those get a pass.

It seems very inconsistent to me to be honest if we consider all Warframes are infested.

Sentinels especially make no frigging sense, in fact lore-wise in general we could use a lot more explanation: 

On the border of charted space, an enclave of small, strange, seemingly intelligent creatures was discovered by Tenno explorers. They are mechanical entities, almost organic in appearance, with a precarious resemblance to the fearsome Sentients that had decimated human civilization. However, these creatures showed no signs of aggression, and they immediately began carrying out helpful tasks in peculiar alliance with the Tenno.

So like what ARE they then? Are they friendly fragments of the sentients? Are they some ancient piece of Orokin tech we stumbled upon that sees us as allies? And how are the sentinels all "creatures we found" and "tenno faction", but also we have obviously infested and grineer themed sentinels? So where did we come across those... on the edge of space just like the rest? If so why are some particularly themed like enemy factions? 

From a lore perspective sentinels are almost completely unexplained and make little sense imo. 

1 hour ago, General_Durandal said:

base Magnus reminds me of Robocop's gun,
so perhaps a ricochet effect.

Robocop's gun was also a 4 round burst. Magnus is just meant to be your typical high-caliber revolver: only one shot per trigger pull, but with a lot of stopping power.

either way, I'm glad Magnus finally got primed, but I do wish they'd just gone all the way and gave us the akimbo version. now we gotta wait god knows how long before Baro brings AkMagnus Prime relics. 

1 hour ago, (PSN)slightconfuzzled said:

INB4 we get Fan the Hammer alt fire again. 

I think after Pandero, Pandero Prime, Kuva Kraken and Tenet Detron, DE should have gotten the fan-fire fetish out of their system. I imagine the Magnus as more of a true "hand cannon", that focuses on sheer power and accuracy at the cost of speed. of course, you can still spam the trigger nicely with it, but I would still like to see a revolver that takes precision and timing to use, but will drop nearly anything with a single headshot on raw damage and crit alone.

3 minutes ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

either way, I'm glad Magnus finally got primed, but I do wish they'd just gone all the way and gave us the akimbo version. now we gotta wait god knows how long before Baro brings AkMagnus Prime relics. 

i gotta wait the longest, i have a -Magazine Riven for my Magnus to create a really nice hyperniche strategy - probably gonna be another 10 Years before Magnus Prime could possibly do the same thing. D:

34 minutes ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

Magnus as more of a true "hand cannon", that focuses on sheer power and accuracy at the cost of speed. of course, you can still spam the trigger nicely with it, but I would still like to see a revolver that takes precision and timing to use, but will drop nearly anything with a single headshot on raw damage and crit alone.

Cant wait to throw a bunch of crit damage, status, multi shot and punch thru behind deadly maneuverers mod!

26 minutes ago, taiiat said:
31 minutes ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

i gotta wait the longest, i have a -Magazine Riven for my Magnus to create a really nice hyperniche strategy - probably gonna be another 10 Years before Magnus Prime could possibly do the same thing. D:

Not as long as I'm going to have to wait for my Fusilai Prime -mag strategy to pay off. 😉  By which time I'll be

Unimpressed Birthday GIF by Mashable

5 hours ago, (XBOX)YoungGunn82 said:

Strun Prime stats

NMAvWny.jpg

Thanks for posting this.   One of the weapons I've most wanted primed but had little hope for.

Compared to Wraith...

Pros: More damage, more Slash, better RoF, more crit chance, punch through, even better range, better accuracy, faster (presumably sequential) reload, and two more pellets. 

Cons: A lot less status per pellet. Ooogly.

I don't think it will be an especially popular prime. But as long as it is sequential reload and doesn't sound like a wet fart, I'm psyched. 

Archived