Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nidus Prime revealed [UPDATE]: Strun Prime and Magnus Prime

Jarriaga

4 hours ago, Jarriaga said:

The arm seams in the Entrati family makes the elongated arm look like an artificial augmentation. Until we know its function, we don't know if the Orokin hated having to go through the process.

We actually do know the answer now - long arms are basically a 'beauty spot' for the Orokin. An intentional piece of asymmetry to make them distinct. 

I don't like nidus prime either ... what's with the crotch wedge/boner trend on warframes, volt deluxe has nearly the same wedge as his non prime version.... I was looking forward to nidus prime .. but now I have to use the cool looking deluxe skin ... sigh*

Kinda strange that many male frames have this weird crotch part.. (volt, rhino, harrow, nidus).. and many female frames have butchered feet.. (deluxe: trinity, ember, khora, titania and normal wisp..)

What's wrong with having less disturbing crotch regions and feet ...

10 hours ago, Serious_Lee said:

Nidus Prime makes no sense at all, story wise.
His story quest spefically says that he was born from a mutated strain of the Infestation, his very birth teaching the Myconians how to become immune to infestation.
Nidus was NOT made by the Orokin, so there should be no Prime of him!

Would make much more sense to get something like a "Nidus Plague" (or something like that), a stronger version of Nidus coming from the Gray Strain on Deimos. Maybe even as a story quest...

It's true Nidus as a prime does not make sense lore wise and the possibility of a gray strain Nidus would make more sense to the lore but I honestly feel like the original Nidus would be an umbral Warframe. Nidus as an umbra would make sense as a frame with its own sentience being able to control the infestation. Honestly it opens up so much more to the lore of Warframes as whole and even infestation. 

31 minutes ago, Insanitywolf12345 said:

It's true Nidus as a prime does not make sense lore wise and the possibility of a gray strain Nidus would make more sense to the lore but I honestly feel like the original Nidus would be an umbral Warframe. Nidus as an umbra would make sense as a frame with its own sentience being able to control the infestation. Honestly it opens up so much more to the lore of Warframes as whole and even infestation. 

Except literally nothing about Nidus stops him from being a Prime. Where do people get the idea there's something special about him when literally his only description is "Old War Relic".

7 hours ago, Loza03 said:

We actually do know the answer now - long arms are basically a 'beauty spot' for the Orokin. An intentional piece of asymmetry to make them distinct. 

Thanks. That does mean asymmetry is on the table.

What about the rest of the design? If we go by the Naberus daughter story, Nidus Prime would be called grotesque and a cause for laughter. Then again, we also don't know how much of that story was exaggerated.

Il y a 3 heures, Atsia a dit :

Except literally nothing about Nidus stops him from being a Prime. Where do people get the idea there's something special about him when literally his only description is "Old War Relic".

Yes, Nidus is special. Many innovations have been applied in it. And for me personally, it will be a big disappointment if Nidus is given the Orokin version.

4 hours ago, Insanitywolf12345 said:

Helminth is the only safe strand to use for Warframes the 'wild' ones are too unpredictable to use.

Explain why Prime can't exist,people so far fail to do so and just use "because infested" even though this isn't a problem anymore after all we learned.

As a nidus main, I'm not sure how I feel about what was revealed. I mean, Yay! Nidus Prime, but how his mutation manifests seems so vastly different from his main, that fashion framing helmets is going to be extremely hit or miss. It feels more like another deluxe skin than it feels like a prine frame... plus I kinda wanted to slap on the tecnhocyst skin but I can't shake the feeling it's going to clash HARD with the frame's "prime details"

Fair, but the Myconians aren't asking for charity. Their ancestral understanding of the Infestation comes from an Old War relic. A relic that I know, will be of extreme interest to you. Return the Triuna, and the relic will be yours. Fair compensation for the risk.

Ergo Glast on Nidus during The Glast Gambit

Little is known about the history of the Nidus Warframe. However, the Myconian's relationship with the Infestation reveals that the Infested strain that created Nidus has helped them understand how to become immune to it, allowing them to harvest Infested flesh as part of their livelihood.

Nidus has a mysterious connection with the Helminth being that resides in the Orbiter, being the only Warframe that can purposely be infected by the Helminth Virus; the extent of this relationship is currently unknown.

That's directly from his wiki page if anyone wants a source.

The Nidus the Myconians have is an Old War Relic, meaning that they didn't make him, he existed before them, was active during The Old War, someone who was studying the different strains of the Infested found one and made a frame from it, that frame could easily be the Primed variant that other Nidus's were based on/manufactured from. I don't know why people keep saying it's not possible for there to be a Primed variant when a google and some reading will give you your answer.

I feel like the Black goo is a bit too much, there is too much of it and there isn't much variety to it, and why his feet dont change with mutation at all?

Hope they also refresh the look of his abilities when the prime arrives as the abilities rather look a bit outdated and not great. They also cant be really costumized with the frame's colour scheme. Would be great if they did that.

If they will change the look of the abilities then I think i have a new main frame. Also will have something to spend my umbra formas on. :P

7 hours ago, (PSN)Shadowxern said:

I'm a little confused as to how an infested frame can be prime but infested weapons can't.

Because infested weapons are that, infested. They are in most cases mutated versions of existing weapons which may not have been intentionally created. Warframes on the other hand were all created by the orokin and the Primes were the first with the regular warframes being cheap copies.

On 2021-07-18 at 1:02 PM, (XBOX)Wi3rd0tr0n said:

As a nidus main, I'm not sure how I feel about what was revealed. I mean, Yay! Nidus Prime, but how his mutation manifests seems so vastly different from his main, that fashion framing helmets is going to be extremely hit or miss. It feels more like another deluxe skin than it feels like a prime frame... plus I kinda wanted to slap on the tecnhocyst skin but I can't shake the feeling it's going to clash HARD with the frame's "prime details"

As another Nidus main, I'm honestly just going to keep using the default skin/Tennogen. What was shown off is cool but it looks so wildly different from all the rest of the infested kit we have that it doesn't match at all, at least not the mutated version. Plus it drives my OCD crazy that the tentacles stop at his legs, why the hell are his legs default looking like he's wearing funky boots while the rest of him is a demonic hentai monster?

I just really hope that the primed ability VFX like the maggots and whatever else they change don't apply to the default skins, I'd prefer the ones I have now given the choice.

On 2021-07-18 at 8:46 PM, (PSN)reddragonhrcro said:

Because infested weapons are that, infested. They are in most cases mutated versions of existing weapons which may not have been intentionally created. Warframes on the other hand were all created by the orokin and the Primes were the first with the regular warframes being cheap copies.

Hema and Hirudo are his signature weapons though, one would assume they were made just as Nidus was by the Orokin at the same time to accompany him. Meaning they theoretically could be primed just as he can. Or maybe not, DE really could have done whatever they wanted but chose not to go there. 🤷‍♀️

17 minutes ago, xcrimsonlegendx said:

Hema and Hirudo are his signature weapons though, one would assume they were made just as Nidus was by the Orokin at the same time to accompany him. Meaning they theoretically could be primed just as he can. Or maybe not, DE really could have done whatever they wanted but chose not to go there. 🤷‍♀️

Hema and Hirudo are not Nidus' signature weapons, they only released alongside him and fit with the infested theme. If you go through the bundles, weapons that released with a frame never got primed with that frame, even if they are signature weapons, such as Mirage's Akzani. It wasn't until Atlas Prime that they primed an actual signature weapon.

4 minutes ago, (XBOX)Regxxh said:

Hema and Hirudo are not Nidus' signature weapons, they only released alongside him and fit with the infested theme. If you go through the bundles, weapons that released with a frame never got primed with that frame, even if they are signature weapons, such as Mirage's Akzani. It wasn't until Atlas Prime that they primed an actual signature weapon.

The lead weapon dev said on the Tennocon stream that they were his signature weapons but I'm not surprised they were passed over.

2 hours ago, (PSN)Toppyoshimonai said:

NIDUS PRAIME!! 😍  Exactly what I imagined! I thought that he will be like Orokin Derelict!

That is the vibe I got from it when I saw it for the first time as well.

As I understand it, the lore behind Nidus Prime could as simple as "perhaps this form of Nidus was able to infest Orokin Gold" as stated by Geoff in the Art of Warframe Tennocon Panel. Despite its simplicity, it could make sense. After all, we have seen other frames acting independently [the rogue Chroma in The New Strange and Excalibur Umbra come to mind].

On 2021-07-17 at 9:06 PM, (XBOX)C11H22O11 said:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSzMvQzaRlMqeYjymlQU3v

It's mentioned in the Warframe Wiki entry on Nidus.

"Little is known about the history of the Nidus Warframe. However, the Myconian's relationship with the Infestation reveals that the Infested strain that created Nidus has helped them understand how to become immune to it, allowing them to harvest Infested flesh as part of their livelihood."

It's as ambiguous as hell and leaves a lot to the players imagination, but no where does it mention that there isn't a prime version as "Little is known about the history of the Nidus Warframe" AKA we have no idea.

Almost all of the lore you hear people talking about with regards to Nidus is head canon and nothing more.

I just always assumed that Nidus was a prototype. The lore says Excalibur was the first Warframe, but, that could just mean that he was the first production type, not the actual first as in test type. After all, we know from Sacrifice and the Vetruvian that it tooko Ballas a few attempts to make something viable.

Archived