Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nidus Prime revealed [UPDATE]: Strun Prime and Magnus Prime

Jarriaga

2 hours ago, Tiltskillet said:

Not as long as I'm going to have to wait for my Fusilai Prime -mag strategy to pay off. 

i'd probably argue that Deadly Maneuvers + Synth Charge is more creative and engaging strategy. nothing against Fusilai, but.

Spoiler

7WcTbjf.png

this is from October.2020 - pretty sure i later realized that Pistol Gambit was better than Hornet Strike, but that can't get changed until i actually Equip this again which is not likely to happen, i made a meme but i don't really have a reason to use it, heh
no real incentive to use creative Weapons when everything needs to be competent at wiping rivers of Trash Units

2 hours ago, taiiat said:

i'd probably argue that Deadly Maneuvers + Synth Charge is more creative and engaging strategy. nothing against Fusilai, but.

Oh Deadly Maneuvers + Synth certainly beats Synth alone.  And I definitely want to see the ridiculous numbers you can get with that build  -now-.

Maybe Fusilai (or throwing weapons in general) will get a mod as cool as Deadly Maneuvers some day.  

6 hours ago, Tesseract7777 said:

Sentinels especially make no frigging sense, in fact lore-wise in general we could use a lot more explanation: 

On the border of charted space, an enclave of small, strange, seemingly intelligent creatures was discovered by Tenno explorers. They are mechanical entities, almost organic in appearance, with a precarious resemblance to the fearsome Sentients that had decimated human civilization. However, these creatures showed no signs of aggression, and they immediately began carrying out helpful tasks in peculiar alliance with the Tenno.

So like what ARE they then? Are they friendly fragments of the sentients? Are they some ancient piece of Orokin tech we stumbled upon that sees us as allies? And how are the sentinels all "creatures we found" and "tenno faction", but also we have obviously infested and grineer themed sentinels? So where did we come across those... on the edge of space just like the rest? If so why are some particularly themed like enemy factions? 

From a lore perspective sentinels are almost completely unexplained and make little sense imo. 

I mean, that's easy. The base ones are just copies of the primes by the other factions

1 minute ago, Atsia said:

I mean, that's easy. The base ones are just copies of the primes by the other factions

Ooh nice. 

Thanks for that that's my headcanon now until DE says or someone proves otherwise with lore quotes. I'd give you upvote but I'm out for the day because I get free time at work and give out upvotes like candy lol. 

25 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

Oh Deadly Maneuvers + Synth certainly beats Synth alone.  And I definitely want to see the ridiculous numbers you can get with that build  -now-.

disclaimer: i play like 80-90% of the game with Saryn, so all of my Weapon/Modding choices basically revolve around that.

Spoiler

Ayc2W79.png

6npUnix.png

HWMHN2H.png

zHXNfZ0.png

l3kJuaP.png

lmbJTWm.png

i didn't prep anything with Viral for these, if you're wondering. 

8 hours ago, Jokie155 said:

For the longest time, I was always convinced the ideal would be Nidus Prime, Djinn Prime and Gazal Machete Prime for the synergy and theme all lining up.

Instead, he's used as catch-up for 'missed' weapons? Really?

My thoughts exactly like there’s old infested weapons they could’ve gave new life too like the dual ichor etc his prime weapons are just kinda disappointing

11 hours ago, (XBOX)YoungGunn82 said:

Strun Prime stats

NMAvWny.jpg

Seems...kind of...mediocre.

I mean at least it has a passable base Crit Chance, that's not something many shotguns can attest to.

However it still seems worse than the Corinth Prime by a noteworthy degree, sadly I think this thing might wind up in the same Category as the Latron Prime "Technically better...not that it helps much".

3 hours ago, (PSN)RB3-Reloaded said:

It’s literally being released September 8th?

Check the date of the post you quoted?

My thoughts exactly like there’s old infested weapons they could’ve gave new life too like the dual ichor etc his prime weapons are just kinda disappointing

The game's art director said infested weapons can't be primed. This is why there's no Hirudo Prime despite Hirudo being Nidus's signature weapon.

12 hours ago, Jarriaga said:

Actual infested weapons can't be primed as per the game's art director during Tennocon when they revealed Nidus Prime, so there was zero reason to expect Djinn Prime. 

Right, and there was zero reason to expect anything other than Gemini Prime when it was Valkyr's turn coming up.

And like I said, this was an expectation I've had for years. An art director's quote from a month ago does not mean I had 'zero' reason to expect it way in advance. :/

10 minutes ago, Jokie155 said:

Gemini Prime

Deluxe skins are not canon.

10 minutes ago, Jokie155 said:

And like I said, this was an expectation I've had for years. An art director's quote from a month ago does not mean I had 'zero' reason to expect it way in advance. :/

Well, as long as you are aware that expectation should have died that day then it's all good. 

14 hours ago, sunderthefirmament said:

Or, get this!  It could have a straight shooting normal fire mode, but then an AOE on its secondary fire!  Brilliant, right?!  Completely unheard of, even!

I'm being sarcastic.

I think headshots should get double-bonus OR it should have inherent “Shattering Impact” to it.

There, I just made an easily implemented game-design decision that gives you that “Go Ahead, MAKE MY DAY!” Magnus feel.

7 hours ago, taiiat said:

disclaimer: i play like 80-90% of the game with Saryn, so all of my Weapon/Modding choices basically revolve around that.

Hide contents

Ayc2W79.png

6npUnix.png

HWMHN2H.png

zHXNfZ0.png

l3kJuaP.png

lmbJTWm.png

i didn't prep anything with Viral for these, if you're wondering. 

Hah!

Yeah Magnus Prime is going to be sweet in a couple of years.  In the meantime you could keep yourself occupied trying to roll an even better riven, lol.

On 2021-07-17 at 3:39 PM, ThatonePenguinPerson said:

I thought that when Valkyr Prime came out, they did a retcon on primes and said that the original warframes were the originals (or prototypes) and Primes were like the premium versions shown publicly and such. Don't quote me on that, but I remember hearing that in a dev stream and such somewhere... since the comic for Octavia also had her base warframe instead of her prime, since the prime didn't exist at the time. So, if we go by the "The normal warframes were the original prototypes" thing, a Nidus Prime makes sense as well as Valkyr Prime.

No you're right, so many people are being dumb about it. It's now established through Ivara's Levarithan entry. The Vanilla/Base frames are the original/prototype/test bed of the warframe's concept. If it isn't trash they are perfected through Priming and mass produced. 

1 hour ago, Jarriaga said:

The game's art director said Hirudo is his signature weapon.

I'd love to see where Geoff (the Art Director) says that. Can't find him saying that anywhere in recent history 🤔
Meanwhile strikes against it being a signature weapon.

1. No mention of Nidus in the description
  2. No special bonus when used by him
  3. No mention in the patch notes of it being Nidus's signature or anything in relation to him

All other signatures have either 1 or 2 of those.

2 hours ago, Tiltskillet said:

Yeah Magnus Prime is going to be sweet in a couple of years.  In the meantime you could keep yourself occupied trying to roll an even better riven, lol.

yeah, in a Century i might be able to move my Riven over.

and you think i rolled a thousand times to get there? hah! ain't nobody got time fo dat. i totally scoured listings to find a Riven with the critical Stats i needed and whaled it :P

48 minutes ago, taiiat said:

yeah, in a Century i might be able to move my Riven over.

and you think i rolled a thousand times to get there? hah! ain't nobody got time fo dat. i totally scoured listings to find a Riven with the critical Stats i needed and whaled it :P

Fusilai is really hampered in the trade market by it's unpopularity.  I looked for a decent -mag Fusilai forever, but finally ended up rolling one. 

Totally insane waste of good kuva obviously.

Archived