Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

There's not going to be Hema and Hirudo prime "because they're infested".

xcrimsonlegendx

3 minutes ago, xcrimsonlegendx said:

You're treating Warframe's lore like some scared parchment.

DE walks all over it and rewrites whatever they want on a whim to fit whatever content they want to add to the game, its not some ancient tablet that is handed down, inflexible in its message. Its a video game, DE changes the lore to fit their needs all the time. You can't take every word that is stated in the lore and defend it to death because next week something will come along and change it. Is it really so hard to just be open to new ideas that aren't even that farfetched within the confines of the lore?

Simple fact is Hema prime could exist. There is literally nothing in the lore that you've shown me that says its impossible. Therefore I can speculate that it could happen, that's what video game lore is about. We are here to discuss it, to see what might be possible and build upon it. Its not something that is written in stone that will be "destroyed" if we think outside the box just a little.

Nope, its just 3 cinematic quests that can be throw away for a golden skin.

1 minute ago, Zeclem said:

and? these dont support your argument either. again, not even close. 

Lephantis lore shows that the Orokin used the infestation alone without Warframes against the Sentients. Infestation wasn't exclusive to Warframes during the Old War.

Eidolon Phylaxis entry shows that Sentients are immune to the infestation. Why? Because Sentients are mechanical beings. How I know this? Because the infestation started to infect mechanical things after Operation: Mutalist Incursions because:

Alad V's infested ships are slamming into populated centers all around the system. He's using these ships like spore pods to spread his Mutalist plague. Everyone is affected. Equally concerning are the new strains of Infested he's using in his attack. 

The update that came with Mutalist MOA, Mutalist Quanta and Mutalist Osprey

And that proves that the Infestation CAN'T INFECT MECHANICAL STUFF LIKE WEAPONS. That means a Orokin Weapon becoming a Hema is impossible. It only started to being possible when Alad V created the Mutalist Strain because this specific strain can do this. Then the infestation started to transform ships into huge infested. Before it was just digested. How I know this?

There are no longer any active military or research campaigns in the Eris region – it is overrun. Long evacuated Corpus and Grineer vessels drift aimlessly in orbit, slowly being devoured by the techno-organic parasite known as the “Infestation”. What remains is a twisted graveyard of partially-digested ships that are disfigured versions of their original forms... Abandoned, but not unoccupied.

24 minutes ago, Zeclem said:

vitruvian does not say that though. it says they used the infested in form of warframes and the sentients turned those against them instead.

No? It says the Infestation backfired, not that the Sentients turned the Infestation against the Orokin. Why? Because:

We had created monsters we couldn't control. We drugged them, tortured them, eviscerated them... We brutalized their minds... but it did not work.

Why? Hivemind.

Where it says hivemind:

Yet their minds were free of the Infested madness. Or so we thought.

What all this shows? Infestation, excluding Mutalist Strain, can't control weapons or robots. This excludes the Hema being a Orokin Weapon turned into a Infested one.

The Hema isn't a dog, a cat or a snake. It is a infested living being since the beginning, meaning that it doesn't exists a previous Prime Version to be made.

Why isn't the Helminth Strain? Because the Helminth Strain was made for the Warframes and then abandoned because it was a failure. And when it infects a Kubrow Egg, it becomes a Helminth dog, not a gun.

Hema Prime isn't possible. Nidus Prime is.

12 minutes ago, --F--NerevarCM said:

Lephantis lore shows that the Orokin used the infestation alone without Warframes against the Sentients. Infestation wasn't exclusive to Warframes during the Old War.

Eidolon Phylaxis entry shows that Sentients are immune to the infestation. Why? Because Sentients are mechanical beings. How I know this? Because the infestation started to infect mechanical things after Operation: Mutalist Incursions because:

Alad V's infested ships are slamming into populated centers all around the system. He's using these ships like spore pods to spread his Mutalist plague. Everyone is affected. Equally concerning are the new strains of Infested he's using in his attack. 

The update that came with Mutalist MOA, Mutalist Quanta and Mutalist Osprey

And that proves that the Infestation CAN'T INFECT MECHANICAL STUFF LIKE WEAPONS. That means a Orokin Weapon becoming a Hema is impossible. It only started to being possible when Alad V created the Mutalist Strain because this specific strain can do this. Then the infestation started to transform ships into huge infested. Before it was just digested. How I know this?

There are no longer any active military or research campaigns in the Eris region – it is overrun. Long evacuated Corpus and Grineer vessels drift aimlessly in orbit, slowly being devoured by the techno-organic parasite known as the “Infestation”. What remains is a twisted graveyard of partially-digested ships that are disfigured versions of their original forms... Abandoned, but not unoccupied.

you really dont wanna understand it i see. 

nobody here is talking about a non living weapon becoming infected with infestation and turning into a new weapon. the point i made is many of the infested weaponry we have are living things by themselves that are made to react in specific ways to specific stimuli so we can use them as weapons. this whole argument about mutualist strain is has been irrelevant to everything i have been saying.

No? It says the Infestation backfired, not that the Sentients turned the Infestation against the Orokin. Why? Because:

We had created monsters we couldn't control. We drugged them, tortured them, eviscerated them... We brutalized their minds... but it did not work.

Why? Hivemind.

Where it says hivemind:
Yet their minds were free of the Infested madness. Or so we thought.

that does not mean it has to be a hivemind. maybe, just maybe, it was actually just madness? 

whats funny is there are way better evidence of infested being a hivemind. you could have used any of those, yet you picked this line that has absolutely nothing to do with it.

What all this shows? Infestation, excluding Mutalist Strain, can't control weapons or robots. This excludes the Hema being a Orokin Weapon turned into a Infested one.

which, again, is irrelevant to my point.

The Hema isn't a dog, a cat or a snake. It is a infested living being since the beginning, meaning that it doesn't exists a previous Prime Version to be made.

thats not even close to what it actually means dude. your entire "proof" is about how infested couldnt infect mechanical things before alad v when that was not even related to what i said.

Why isn't the Helminth Strain? Because the Helminth Strain was made for the Warframes and then abandoned because it was a failure. And when it infects a Kubrow Egg, it becomes a Helminth dog, not a gun.

it was not a failure lol, they fixed the problems they had by using transference powers of the tenno. you said it yourself, helminth is used to make warframes and is still used to make warframes. when you get into the helminth room for the first time ordis even confirms that its needed for your warframes. if it was a failure, why do we still use it?

so yeah you have no idea what you are talking about and making completely baseless speculations about the lore. its clear that this is just a waste of time, i dont want to waste more of it on somebody who doesnt even want to understand what other people are saying.

2 hours ago, xcrimsonlegendx said:

You're treating Warframe's lore like some scared parchment.

DE walks all over it and rewrites whatever they want on a whim to fit whatever content they want to add to the game, its not some ancient tablet that is handed down, inflexible in its message. Its a video game, DE changes the lore to fit their needs all the time. You can't take every word that is stated in the lore and defend it to death because next week something will come along and change it. Is it really so hard to just be open to new ideas that aren't even that farfetched within the confines of the lore?

Simple fact is Hema prime could exist. There is literally nothing in the lore that you've shown me that says its impossible. Therefore I can speculate that it could happen, that's what video game lore is about. We are here to discuss it, to see what might be possible and build upon it. Its not something that is written in stone that will be "destroyed" if we think outside the box just a little.

Well just wait until they have to sell Revenant Prime and Xaku Prime. They didn't even exist in Orokin warframe catalogue but DE would have to shove them into Orokins' throat coz they need cash.

DE can totally sell Prime infested weapons with a bit of retconning. Burston was considered a Grineer weapon then poof it's Tenno now and also it looks totally different because reasons.

13 hours ago, xcrimsonlegendx said:

You seem to be confusing lore and storytelling with gameplay systems that are not 100% canon. There is nothing saying that the reason the infested weapons are in the bio lab is because they're unsafe to be housed elsewhere. Its simply their thematic home, the appropriate place to categorize them within the dojo system.

There are two Corpus themed mutalist weapons housed in the Biolab, they're still made by the corpus but they are in the bio lab because they're infested weapons. Just because Hema and Hirudo are from the Biolab has no implication whether or not they were Orokin designed.

The labs are more canon than head canon though, and the bio labs screams of infested based research, something that wouldnt be needed for Hema or Hirudo if they were Orokin in origin, since well, they'd already be known by the tenno since the old war.

Or those weapons come from the infestation which started to assimilate the corpus.

7 hours ago, (PSN)Overtkill21 said:

Yeah, I'm confused as to why his Signature Weapons wouldn't be primed as well.

They can Prime Nidus, an Infested Warframe, but priming his weapons is a bridge too far, because they're Infested.  What?

Cause one is a Warframe and Orokin tech, the other is an Infestation weapon.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived