Vastilok vs Stropha

i have 46k kills with Stropha and that is my most used mele. (actually I'm not a mele fan)
Vastilok seems like a downgrade? I like skin better. sounds are quite nice. but otherwise the stats are rather worse?
or am I missing something here

• Like 1

Vastilok is like Shotgun Sarpa.
High stats similar but a bit less than Redeemer Prime but with advantage with ability to inflict slash procs. Stropha will win anyway because of infinite punch-through.

it's a freebie, don't expect it to be meta. personally I was hoping that after the servers went down they'd *maybe* consider giving everyone a Vastilok, but no such luck. oh well, still got plenty stuff to level in the meantime. it'll probably return via Baro later down the line like Athodai did. 

1 hour ago, Traumtulpe said:

Normal attacks are irrelevant on gunblades, the number of pellets is irrelevant to slash proc damage.

Normal attacks aren't irrelevant if you use them outside of meta min max crutch builds.
Pellet count isn't irrelevant either if they can reliably stack a lot of status procs with a single burst.

I'm not saying this thing is meta or anything near that but a lot of slash procs can reliably melt most endgame enemies.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Nesodos said:

Imo new weapons don't always have to be the new meta.

2 hours ago, Ailia_Grimm said:

Not every weapon has to be stronger than the previous one you know, just enjoy your free weapon

Indeed, but admittedly parts of the community have devolved into this mindset. It's hard for them to see the value of exploration when they seek only the meta in the midst of the grind in the game.

• Like 2

vor 19 Minuten schrieb Duality52:

Indeed, but admittedly parts of the community have devolved into this mindset. It's hard for them to see the value of exploration when they seek only the meta in the midst of the grind in the game.

nobody talks about meta except the man from above. it is about two weapons above and their advantages and disadvantages.

2 hours ago, Nesodos said:

Pellet count isn't irrelevant either if they can reliably stack a lot of status procs with a single burst.

That is not how status effects work, their damage is relative to the damage of the hit that caused them. So a shotgun with many pellets will cause miniscule slash procs per pellet.

If you want to deal damage with status effects, what matters most is status chance. A weapon with 30% status chance will, overall DPS being equal, deal 3 times as much damage with status effects compared to one with 10% status.

The simple truth is, that a weapon with 10% status chance is not viable for status damage.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

it's a freebie, don't expect it to be meta. personally I was hoping that after the servers went down they'd *maybe* consider giving everyone a Vastilok, but no such luck. oh well, still got plenty stuff to level in the meantime. it'll probably return via Baro later down the line like Athodai did. 

you just had to watch a twitch stream

vor 14 Minuten schrieb BlazGaming:

you just had to watch a twitch stream

so what? Logically, Ambassador should be very good. but in the end you can only laugh about it.

Vastilok is likely only beneficial for beginners because they can handle armor now. and they don't need to worry about the ammo.

11 hours ago, Traumtulpe said:

That is not how status effects work, their damage is relative to the damage of the hit that caused them. So a shotgun with many pellets will cause miniscule slash procs per pellet.

If you want to deal damage with status effects, what matters most is status chance. A weapon with 30% status chance will, overall DPS being equal, deal 3 times as much damage with status effects compared to one with 10% status.

The simple truth is, that a weapon with 10% status chance is not viable for status damage.

Slash procs deal 210% of the modded base damage (weapon base+ stuff like pressure point+ faction damage) through 6 ticks of bleed with 35% damage each.
A single Vastilok pellet deals 69,1 unmodded damage. (72,91% slash)
Since every single pellet has 10,33% sc on its own it has ~93% umodded sc on a single burst while the high slash will increase the chance for slash procs.
Its easy to reach over 30% sc per pellet and its 19% crit chance (1,7x multiplier is a bit meh) also help the slash procs.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Nesodos said:

Slash procs deal 210% of the modded base damage (weapon base+ stuff like pressure point+ faction damage) through 6 ticks of bleed with 35% damage each.
A single Vastilok pellet deals 69,1 unmodded damage. (72,91% slash)
Since every single pellet has 10,33% sc on its own it has ~93% umodded sc on a single burst while the high slash will increase the chance for slash procs.
Its easy to reach over 30% sc per pellet and its 19% crit chance (1,7x multiplier is a bit meh) also help the slash procs.

Quoting the wiki doesn't change the fact that 10% status chance is terrible for status damage, and feel free to dilute your slash damage with 60/60 mods in an attempt to raise your status chance - but your procs will only be even weaker as a result.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Traumtulpe said:

Quoting the wiki doesn't change the fact that 10% status chance is terrible for status damage, and feel free to dilute your slash damage with 60/60 mods in an attempt to raise your status chance - but your procs will only be even weaker as a result.

You don't have to use this gunblade if you don't want to.

I can only say that its doing its job quite well outside of steel path even without a perfect build.

I'm sure it will decent once it has been fixed.  As of right now.  It appears to be using old systems.  As in old combo and projectile status being spread among status instead of per projectile.

It barely procs anything when a 10% per projectile should be a 90ish percent chance to proc. Also the spread seems weird in that I can shoot relatively close and hit nothing. but sometimes I can hit things at nearly max range. 

On 2021-07-18 at 11:02 AM, Traumtulpe said:

I mean you could theoretically use weeping wounds and the melee combo efficiency mod (forgot the name atm) + zenurik to reach efficiency cap at 90% and maintain your combo counter while spamming hvy attacks. Not to mention that carnis mandible mod that gives status chance and slash dmg, but honestly that's not necessary with weeping wounds. That should result in some really strong and consistent slash procs with 1m punch through and insane high range. But Stropha still has infinite punch through and enough raw one shot damage to deal with anything on baseline Steel Path though. 

• Like 1

vor 2 Stunden schrieb (XBOX)Big Roy 324:

I'm sure it will decent once it has been fixed.  As of right now.  It appears to be using old systems.  As in old combo and projectile status being spread among status instead of per projectile.

It barely procs anything when a 10% per projectile should be a 90ish percent chance to proc. Also the spread seems weird in that I can shoot relatively close and hit nothing. but sometimes I can hit things at nearly max range. 

actually you can even see it in combo counter.
there is something wrong with the weapon.

because for heavy attack i would rather use tenta hammer & schield. it makes more sense there. or as already said gunblade in the topic name.

On 2021-07-17 at 5:40 PM, Battle.Mage said:

i have 46k kills with Stropha and that is my most used mele. (actually I'm not a mele fan)
Vastilok seems like a downgrade? I like skin better. sounds are quite nice. but otherwise the stats are rather worse?
or am I missing something here

vastilok is bugged in damage and combo system. Need to wait hotfix.