Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lorewise why are sentients so weak in the gameplay clip? A single generic Lancer mowed down an entire group with a grakata and basic machete

(PSN)GingyGreen

Also, YAY we can finally see events in the point of view of generic Crewmen and Lancers! Hope this is a thing going forward. I've love to play as a Scorpion or Manic.

Still, I feel like it'd be better if you were accompanied by a squad of AI controlled Lancers and Ballistas so it's not just one generic Lancer mowing down all the Sentients, even if weaker ones.

Although with S#&$ going down like that you'd think they'd deploy a few Liches

13 minutes ago, PublikDomain said:

Lorewise smaller Sentients don't seem to be particularly monstrous. In the Lancer Synthesis a Grineer miner kills one with a shovel. Against tech weapons they can adapt, but zero-tech weapons are still effective.

Maybe so, but just one Lancer doing all that? Atleast accompany the player controlled Lancer with a squad to atleast make the Sentient not appear like something even basic lancers with a grakata could take out.

1 minute ago, LSG501 said:

yeah I found that a little daft... a lowly grineer was ripping to shreds an enemy that even a warframe can struggle with.

tbf no warframe really struggles with trash mob sentients unless they are vastly out numbered (mirage ripped several apart no prob) or high class sentients show up  

Just now, Ifeanoiba said:

tbf no warframe really struggles with trash mob sentients unless they are vastly out numbered (mirage ripped several apart no prob) or high class sentients show up  

If you're modded and equipped correctly then yeah they're pretty easy but even you have to be honest, the grineer should not have been killing them that easy lol

9 minutes ago, (PSN)GingyGreen said:

Maybe so, but just one Lancer doing all that? Atleast accompany the player controlled Lancer with a squad to atleast make the Sentient not appear like something even basic lancers with a grakata could take out.

I mean, for every Kahl, we see a few dozen who weren't so lucky.

In Kahls case we just happened to see the lucky one.

2 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

If you're modded and equipped correctly then yeah they're pretty easy but even you have to be honest, the grineer should not have been killing them that easy lol

true but i think khal might be a kick ass grineer that does stuff the average grineer would never be able to do this is due to him speaking english something only super high ranks can do vor, tyl regor, the queen etc and i dont think its far fetch for guys like that to beat fodder sentients 

you guys do realize kahl wasnt just some random lancer right? he was capable of quick thinking that vay hek even got suprised by. hes not a random nobody, he is clearly special.

on top of that, low level sentients that he is fighting against are specifically mention to be weak to low tech weaponry in lore, and he is not fighting against hordes of them like we do. 

2 minutes ago, Zeclem said:

you guys do realize kahl wasnt just some random lancer right? he was capable of quick thinking that vay hek even got suprised by. hes not a random nobody, he is clearly special.

on top of that, low level sentients that he is fighting against are specifically mention to be weak to low tech weaponry in lore, and he is not fighting against hordes of them like we do. 

While I agree with the first part, the second part is where OP's question comes from:

In normal gameplay, we don't fight hordes of Sentients. They're too tanky for the game to spawn more than five at once. They don't just have armor (like Kahl himself has, according to stats Sentients are made of iron), they also have health gating. It's literally impossible to one-shot a Sentient in gameplay because of that. But Kahl, using one of our Corinth shotguns, chews them apart with one shell each

Kahl can one-shot them, we can't, even though we were using the same weapons

Archived