Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lorewise why are sentients so weak in the gameplay clip? A single generic Lancer mowed down an entire group with a grakata and basic machete

(PSN)GingyGreen

Grineer are a low tech faction, which is why their weaponry is effective against the Sentient. The main problem the Orokin had with the sentients is that the Orokin were too advanced, which is explained with the creation of frames, since with them they went back to the more simple "gun and blade" approach. There isnt much to adapt to for the sentients.

The sentients are resistant to our powers since they are too advanced aswell, or it is just a plot armor to promote the use of operators for the flavorful pure void energy damage.

2 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

While I agree with the first part, the second part is where OP's question comes from:

In normal gameplay, we don't fight hordes of Sentients. They're too tanky for the game to spawn more than five at once. They don't just have armor (like Kahl himself has, according to stats Sentients are made of iron), they also have health gating. It's literally impossible to one-shot a Sentient in gameplay because of that. But Kahl, using one of our Corinth shotguns, chews them apart with one shell each

Kahl can one-shot them, we can't, even though we were using the same weapons

there are missions where you do fight a lot of sentients as the player. anomalies in the veil proxima is one example to that.

and no sentient is really all that tanky, at least on the lower levels. if we look at higher levels even the most basic units can one hit you, so thats really not what we should consider as lore. same with health gating.

1 hour ago, PublikDomain said:

In the Lancer Synthesis a Grineer miner kills one with a shovel. Against tech weapons they can adapt, but zero-tech weapons are still effective.

The shovel was not zero-tech. "Without thinking, I flick on the shovel's inducer. The voice screams. Everything shakes."

57 minutes ago, Famecans said:

lore don't use mods

This is a funny joke but mods do exist in lore. There are references to both Tenno and enemies using mods.

54 minutes ago, Colyeses said:

Sentients have a flaw that Ballas baked into their creation. It is possible that this flaw was triggered as the Sentient travelled back to Sol, leaving them weaker than they would be if we engaged them in Tau.

The flaw is Void weakness. They can't stand the Void, and this did affect the way they travelled back to the Origin System. We don't know how much they were weakened, if at all, by the crossing, but we do know what their flaw is.

41 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

In normal gameplay, we don't fight hordes of Sentients. They're too tanky for the game to spawn more than five at once. They don't just have armor (like Kahl himself has, according to stats Sentients are made of iron), they also have health gating. It's literally impossible to one-shot a Sentient in gameplay because of that. But Kahl, using one of our Corinth shotguns, chews them apart with one shell each

There are weaker Sentients like Brachiolysts and (I think) Ortholysts. I didn't really get a good look at the trash Sentients Kahl was clearing but they might have been Brachiolysts. They don't have health gating or even adaptation.

1 hour ago, Ifeanoiba said:

tbf no warframe really struggles with trash mob sentients unless they are vastly out numbered (mirage ripped several apart no prob) or high class sentients show up  

A Warframe? Even the initial battalysts and conculysts were a struggle and referred to with the gravity they deserve.

And this is just a lancer with a grakata

4 minutes ago, GrayArchon said:

The shovel was not zero-tech. "Without thinking, I flick on the shovel's inducer. The voice screams. Everything shakes."

This is a funny joke but mods do exist in lore. There are references to both Tenno and enemies using mods.

The flaw is Void weakness. They can't stand the Void, and this did affect the way they travelled back to the Origin System. We don't know how much they were weakened, if at all, by the crossing, but we do know what their flaw is.

There are weaker Sentients like Brachiolysts and (I think) Ortholysts. I didn't really get a good look at the trash Sentients Kahl was clearing but they might have been Brachiolysts. They don't have health gating or even adaptation.

Weak as the brachioltysts are, that's only to a Warframe, a modded out one.

This is a basic Grinder with a basic grakata and machete, not even a Machete Wraith

My guess is that the sentients that we (the tenno) fight and the ones that the grineer are fighting are not the same level of quality, the sentients that we have been fighting are more elite because force of numbers don't really matter against the tenno, but when fighting the grineer or corups you need numbers if only to because there is a much larger area you are going to be fighting over so the sentients sent against the grineer/corups are of much lower quality because there needs to be more of them due to the differing scale of the fight.

1 hour ago, Aldain said:

Perhaps they spent so much time adapting to the Tenno that they forgot to adapt to everything else?

...I know that's a stupid answer but it is the best I've got.

Sounds stupid but may times in history nations/rulers have made warplans and outfitted their forces to counter a specific enemy/plan only for the the other side/another party to be able to completely counter them without really meaning to.

Personally think they(sentients) are forgoing adaptation to make more of themselves to swarm the system in numbers, since quantity has a quality all to itself.

1 hour ago, Zeclem said:

there are missions where you do fight a lot of sentients as the player. anomalies in the veil proxima is one example to that.

You mean the Exterminate mission with a hard-coded 20 enemies, only three of which can be in a room at the same time?

41 minutes ago, GrayArchon said:

He kills a Conculyst with a single stab

18 horas atrás, PublikDomain disse:

Sentients Lorewise menores não parecem ser particularmente monstruosos. Na síntese Lancer, um mineiro Grineer mata um com uma pá. Eles podem se adaptar a armas de tecnologia, mas as armas de tecnologia zero ainda são eficazes.

Caro DE, precisamos de uma Kuva Shovel  com urgência!

1 hour ago, (PSN)GingyGreen said:

A Warframe? Even the initial battalysts and conculysts were a struggle and referred to with the gravity they deserve.

And this is just a lancer with a grakata

look the point is those where obviously fodder sentients and kahl seems to be a pretty uniqe grineer being siginifantly smarter than average likely having the potential to be a high ranking grineer like vor  also the grineer have been studying and fighting the sentitents before this encounter makes sense they would at least have some capability to take some out .

And at the end of the day its still gameplay so yes hes gonna do stuff that dont really mesh well with lore its the same with us unless u think everything we do gameplay wise is lore accurate plus we all know if they actually made it hard to show how powerfull sentients are people would compain about the lv being hard 

1 hour ago, TARINunit9 said:

You mean the Exterminate mission with a hard-coded 20 enemies, only three of which can be in a room at the same time?

yes. 20 enemies of which half of them are generally floating tanks compared to average battalysts.

and its not like thats the only example. scarlet spear had quite a bit of enemies as well. 

2 hours ago, GrayArchon said:

Doesn't that just lend more credence to the idea that common Sentients aren't all that? One was killed with a shovel, a shovel that it could eventually have built resistances to.

Archived