Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Lorewise why are sentients so weak in the gameplay clip? A single generic Lancer mowed down an entire group with a grakata and basic machete

(PSN)GingyGreen

5 hours ago, _R_o_g_u_e_ said:

Sir you have absolutely no idea what level Kahl is or what mods he’s using. A level 2999 Lancer could punk sentients xD 

This and we see him get a Regulator style buff directly from Vay Hek himself. 

"Regulators are floating Grineer support drones found in Grineer Settlements. They can be deployed by any Grineer units and their propaganda broadcasts provide allies around them with a buff similar to Rhino's Roar. This will give the units in range a 50% damage increase, a speed buff, and disrupt the player's mini-map."

Kahl also survived his ship crashing and a Thumper getting thrown at him. Dude was definitely tougher than your usual Grineer.

21 minutes ago, TomCruisesSon said:

This and we see him get a Regulator style buff directly from Vay Hek himself. 

"Regulators are floating Grineer support drones found in Grineer Settlements. They can be deployed by any Grineer units and their propaganda broadcasts provide allies around them with a buff similar to Rhino's Roar. This will give the units in range a 50% damage increase, a speed buff, and disrupt the player's mini-map."

Kahl also survived his ship crashing and a Thumper getting thrown at him. Dude was definitely tougher than your usual Grineer.

I love how Hek has weapons-grade scenery chewing.

9 hours ago, TARINunit9 said:

That would be the CLEM quest

Ahh, then yeah. That makes complete sense to me. He’s probably just a unique Grineer soldier. More capable of individual thoughts and decision making, and probably also more capable in combat scenarios, being able to adapt better to different situations, etc.

It's irrefutable evidence that Warframe's damage and ehp scaling is fundamentally broken.

Right now, with all the damage multipliers (Crits, Viral, Multi-shot, etc) and damage dividers (Armor, scaling DR), everything is a nightmare to balance.

The issue is that the player damage curve doesn't fit the enemy ehp curve very well as players get mods and enemies scale up.

Enemies can have 10x the ehp of the enemy next to it due to armor differences and a single min maxed player can deal 10x more damage than the rest of the 4 man squad combined. 

Without having to worry about modding or absurd scaling, DE could assign reasonable TTKs for the enemies for the demo. 

in a lot of ways, Warframe is wasted on the damage system we have. 

hace 18 horas, (PSN)GingyGreen dijo:

I've love to play as a Scorpion or Manic.

912.jpeg

Anyways I dont think this has to do with the gameplay>lore thing since we have a custscene (cuscenes are the most loyal thing to the lore on a game for some obvious reasons) where Kahl one shots a conculyst with a slash from his machete and unless he got a perfect aim to slash the core directly, the conculyst shouldnt have died. Also note that these conculysts arent entirely red.

Another point I want to look at is the fact that Kahl comes from a ship, Tusk units (PoE units) have tan armor with red details while Space marines (that was the name of the ones carrying this armor) are the green-ish blue we know and Kahl uses this type of armor.

So my theory is that both the sentient units we see are weaker and Kahl has something special, maybe he has ~half the strenght of a bombard or just better weapons.

the only things that make me unsatisfied in cinematics are:

*the sentients were supposed to use that weapon like a baseball bat but he stabbed enemies like a sword.

*I haven't seen immersion in gameplay, there are few npcs and destructive scenarios happening in the background. I keep repeating that crossfire missions are extremely immersive as there are so many events happening outside and inside the ship.

Imho these are recuring characters, the fact we play them is completly new to Warframe, the last time we  had that kind of was for the operator quest. I'd be surprised if DE made all this UI for just one shot stuffs, there will be probably alternative progression with them or things like that, wich btw would be awesome.

Anyway it's for later this year, and honestly I would be surprised if it get released before late october anyway.

14 hours ago, TomCruisesSon said:

I had no idea these things actually buffed Grineer. Why are they so underutilized?

37 minutes ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

Because casual players don't like/can't handle resistance. 

More like because even for casual players everything evaporates in nanoseconds, so no one has a chance to feel the difference. Regulators are all over the place, but it doesn't matter how much they multiply numbers when the numbers are all zero. Amalgams are similar, they have a lot of cool things they can do but that doesn't matter when they're all dead before they've even made it on screen.

52 minutes ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

Casual or not, are most players avoiding mission failures like the plague?

edit: I've zero problem with people overpowering the fights if that's what they find fun, but when players lament that things are underutilized and aren't hard enough, implying that they'd enjoy the risk of mission failure, I'm like "Hmmm 😐"

24 minutes ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

I've zero problem with people overpowering the fights if that's what they find fun, but when players lament that things are underutilized and aren't hard enough, implying that they'd enjoy the risk of mission failure, I'm like "Hmmm 😐"

It's less to do with difficulty and more to do with those enemies actually being cool, despite not being very common. Sure I'd love a difficulty increase, but I mainly just want more variety in my fights.

4 minutes ago, (XBOX)Regxxh said:

It's less to do with difficulty and more to do with those enemies actually being cool, despite not being very common. Sure I'd love a difficulty increase, but I mainly just want more variety in my fights.

Can't argue that variety is a good thing. They get deleted immediately by most players, but personally I'm glad to experience the different enemy types and what they're doing

edit: (and how they threaten me. Ratels can be scary when they swarm)

On 2021-07-17 at 6:10 PM, (PSN)GingyGreen said:

Maybe so, but just one Lancer doing all that? Atleast accompany the player controlled Lancer with a squad to atleast make the Sentient not appear like something even basic lancers with a grakata could take out.

Systems of Gameplay progression do not always accurately reflect campaign and storytelling.

Or we can be slaves to it and watch the Sentients wipe the system in 3 days and call it a day…

Gods of Masculinity care nothing for Sentient Adaptation, they simply ignore it through the power of Chad!

Seriously though guys, it's just part of the narrative. When the quest launches, I can't see it being as easy as it was in the demo or it would be no challenge.

Also to the people saying that Kahl was using "low tech weapons" we have access to those same weapons (one of them was Corinth Prime no less) and we cannot just one shot Sentients.

The game mechanics for that faction simply does not allow it.

1 hour ago, Fl_3 said:

Gods of Masculinity care nothing for Sentient Adaptation, they simply ignore it through the power of Chad!

Seriously though guys, it's just part of the narrative. When the quest launches, I can't see it being as easy as it was in the demo or it would be no challenge.

Also to the people saying that Kahl was using "low tech weapons" we have access to those same weapons (one of them was Corinth Prime no less) and we cannot just one shot Sentients.

The game mechanics for that faction simply does not allow it.

Also, bear in mind that we could well be just as weak when playing as these characters. I imagine whoever played it practiced quite a few times, but it doesn't look like there was any opportunity to heal up between fights, so it might be more of a challenge than it looks. Especially if large chunks of the quest are like that, then I could definitely see the New War being on the trickier side of things.

19 hours ago, (XBOX)Regxxh said:

I had no idea these things actually buffed Grineer. Why are they so underutilized?

Because they only spawn on Grineer Settlement and Grineer Forest tilesets, which aren't particularly known for being played often. Just like how Nox don't spawn on Grineer Asteroid.
Blame DE's internal spawn lists.

19 hours ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

GTFO with this BS. Nox would have far more limited spawns if this was true.

Archived