Please don't let the playable New War characters be a one-time thing.

There is lots of potential here for story and maybe even future PvP content. (faction battles?)

Even though its not room nuking flying ninja frames, its still the Warframe universe and should go beyond a singular quest.

• Like 28

I don't want it to be true, but there's a good chance that's exactly what it will be: a couple portions of the cinematic quest where we play as these guys, and then gone. if there's one thign I've learned about DE, it's that potential normally goes unrealized, at least for a couple years. 

but please DE, prove me wrong: kick my cynical a$$ by giving us an entire mode where we play as these guys!

• Like 7

No to conclave, but I definitely want to play as "Non Tenno" in missions once in a while. Maybe make it an operator power where they can shape shift into these playable characters and jump into battle.

• Like 5

I wouldnt mind having "human" missions where you bring either of the two. A different approach and some fresh air. Maybe even some Teshin missions. I would hate to see if they waste time on using this for PvP. Without dedicated servers it will be bad either way.

But just as we have RJ and Archwing missions I dont see why we cant have Kahl and whatever the corpus guy was named missions.

• Like 3

I have negative interest in PvP for this game, but I do want to see these other playable faction characters more. I was thinking through the whole demo, "Man, this game sure has come a long way!" Let's keep that going.

• Like 2

I at least want the new HUDs for normal use.  Like having the Corpus HUD replace the default.  All three do look like they have the ability to show all relevant information, even if something like the Grineer HUD lacked shileds in the demo.

• Like 4

I think it's a tasteful addition in EXTREMELY controlled doses. I think that player=Tenno is still an important aspect of Warframe And I don't think stuff like this (or Stalker mode) should be regularly playable game modes.

• Like 3

I would not be opposed to the first part because novel stuff like Necramechs are a really nice change of pace, but there's a reason why DE has abandoned every single attempt to get people to participate in PvP: The overwhelming majority of players absolutely do not want any form of PvP in the game and will not play it. The game is billed as a Coop PvE game and largely draws in a certain crowd or people who do enjoy PvP but aren't always in the mood for it and want a PvE game to switch to now and then. I don't think DE is foolish enough to make a 4th attempt at trying to introduce PvP no one wants in this game.

Edited by Ceryk
  • Like 4

Y'all actually expect this to be anything more than another overhyped Tennocon demo? I don't. I'm not expecting DE to pull this off in the actual game, just like major elements of past Tennocon demoes never made it to the actual game.

Look, until the game gets better animations, DE can hold off on PvP. If this game could get some reworked animations, made by some actual animation experts in the industry (something on the level of Ghost of Tsushima or COD MW), then I'd be all for DE attempting a PvP mode again. Because the game needs improved animations for both PvE and PvP. The current ones are very outdated. The gameplay as a whole would feel much better if they updated the animations to modern standards.

Edited by OniDax
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, OniDax said:

Y'all actually expect this to be anything more than another overhyped Tennocon demo?

Well if I let the pessimism set in, it's probably just going to be a buggy 30 minute quest at launch and we never get to play Teshin ever again... I got other games to play if its another disappointment.

• Like 3

Mechanically. they are just very limited Frames and balanced specifically for a story. Its a lot less messy than trying to deal with the giant disparity between just reached the end of the star map players. and I've played for 5k hours players. And since the quests have been a single player experience. No problem here.

I would think Corpus/Grineer would be a interesting addition to pvp with low overhead and no crazy balance conversions needed when they have a very specific framework of power and guns. But this can already be found in dozens of other pvp centric games already. BUT. they don't have that warframe universe aesthetic.

• Like 3

44 minutes ago, Deminisis said:

There is lots of potential here for story and maybe even future PvP content. (faction battles?)

Even though its not room nuking flying ninja frames, its still the Warframe universe and should go beyond a singular quest.

Half-Counterpoint

If those characters are to continue appearing in future content, that implies they're not going to die, whiiich... seriously cheapens the threat of sentiments if even nobodies can survive them so easily. I hope Kahl and Veso or whatever both die just like any geneyc Mook we've slaughtered without a second thought. Don't want them to be some special character protected by plot armour

Now on the other hand, you mean future events allowing is to play other generic crewmen, lancers, scorpions, scrambus, etc. Then I'm in board!

Edited by (PSN)GingyGreen
  • Like 2

Guys like these might be the only hope pvp has in this game, because they can be put in without an expectation of power creep and DE can actually tune their damage output vs. Health values in a way that makes it satisfying to play.

• Like 1

Can't see it working as a regular thing (what reasons do we have to do normal missions as someone else) but yeah here's hoping it gets used for other events and quests.

And hopefully they do repurpose it into a PvP system. Having a very finite number of options and values to balance around plus removing the movement system would make Conclave a lot more accessible to players.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

That new UI definitely makes me feel this isn't a one-time thing. Leastwise, playing as A Grineer or Corpus, not necessarily these specific ones.

That's what is prefer. As expendable grunts.

Imagine playing a mission where your job is to sneak past a Tenno slaughtering your entire crew by the hundreds and you're just a Crewman with a Dera

Or imagine being a Lancer trying to survive an Infested assault on your Galleon

• Like 1

vor 12 Minuten schrieb ShogunGunshow:

Guys like these might be the only hope pvp has in this game, because they can be put in without an expectation of power creep and DE can actually tune their damage output vs. Health values in a way that makes it satisfying to play.

vor 5 Minuten schrieb trst:

And hopefully they do repurpose it into a PvP system. Having a very finite number of options and values to balance around plus removing the movement system would make Conclave a lot more accessible to players.

vor 56 Minuten schrieb Deminisis:

You know other shooters exist, right? If you want a PvP shooter that plays nothing like Warframe, you can already have that.

Edited by Krankbert
  • Like 5

5 minutes ago, trst said:

Can't see it working as a regular thing (what reasons do we have to do normal missions as someone else) but yeah here's hoping it gets used for other events and quests.

Many other games have all justified it by plot devices such as the player character watching a security footage, reading an incident report, or deep diving into someone's memories. In this case you playing a nameless Corpus Crewman is a matter of you playing what your character is reading

• Like 1

Anyone else get a "Ratchet & Clank" vibe from the Corpus gameplay? Specifically from Clank sections of yore, just having a bunch of small robots and giving them commands made me think of that.

This also might wind up being a "prototype" of sorts for the Duviri Paradox, a different combat system with less mobility would make sense if we remember that old trailer they showed.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, OniDax said:

Y'all actually expect this to be anything more than another overhyped Tennocon demo? I don't. I'm not expecting DE to pull this off in the actual game, just like major elements of past Tennocon demoes never made it to the actual game.

Look, until the game gets better animations, DE can hold off on PvP. If this game could get some reworked animations, made by some actual animation experts in the industry (something on the level of Ghost of Tsushima or COD MW), then I'd be all for DE attempting a PvP mode again. Because the game needs improved animations for both PvE and PvP. The current ones are very outdated. The gameplay as a whole would feel much better if they updated the animations to modern standards.

Wow, I'll give benefit of the doubt in that they've learned as they've said they have about not promising more than they have. Will there be bugs? Most definitely as there always will be. I always keep my expectations to a "hyped but still grounded" level, hence why I've yet to be burned by "overhyped Tennocon" showings. Not to mention that they've shifted things to matching "overhyped Tennocon" showings over time, so while late still achieving some degree of what was shown. Though that's reality and you're clearly speaking from an ocean of salt.

I couldn't care less about PVP, however "better animations". wtaf are you talking about, the animation and art design are some of the best elements of the game for mostly everyone. While I won't ever say for them to stop evolving them, I will say that they're doing perfectly d$%# fine on the animation side as is. Seriously some ridiculous posts coming from certain players in this playerbase.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Krankbert said:

You know other shooters exist, right? If you want a PvP mode that plays nothing like Warframe, you can already have that.

Y'know Conclave already exists, right? No reason not to reuse something that'll already be in-game to revamp something else that already exists in-game.

And the point of making it something that doesn't play like Warframe is that's the very reason people don't place Conclave as is. Too many factors and unbalanced issues around it on top of a steep learning curve with a community that needs to schedule times to play normally. Getting players into Conclave through a Grineer v Corpus mode might even entice others to give normal Conclave a try.

1 minute ago, (PSN)GingyGreen said:

Many other games have all justified it by plot devices such as the player character watching a security footage, reading an incident report, or deep diving into someone's memories. In this case you playing a nameless Corpus Crewman is a matter of you playing what your character is reading

Sure but where do those situations occur in normal gameplay? While those situations would be perfect for quests or even Nightwave like playing though the Nihil investigations as the characters that got glassed.

• Like 4