Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please don't let the playable New War characters be a one-time thing.

Deminisis

vor 3 Minuten schrieb trst:

Y'know Conclave already exists, right? No reason not to reuse something that'll already be in-game to revamp something else that already exists in-game.

Yes, and this thread isn't about Conclave, so how about you don't comment if you don't have the slighest idea what you're commenting on.

vor 3 Minuten schrieb trst:

And the point of making it something that doesn't play like Warframe is that's the very reason people don't place Conclave as is.

I don't think that a game mode for addicts who feel compelled to play Warframe but actually want to play something that isn't Warframe will be very popular. As I said, other shooters exist. If people want to play a generic shooter that plays like what we've seen in the demo, there's any number of them to choose from.

Just now, Krankbert said:

Yes, and this thread isn't about Conclave, so how about you don't comment if you don't have the slighest idea what you're commenting on.

OP opened the thread taking about playing as non Tenno characters as seen in the demo and that they should be used beyond a single quest and gives the example of "maybe even future PvP content. (faction battles?)"
PvP content, which we already have named Conclave. If they were to make such a thing then it would be wrapped up into the existing PvP system.

2 minutes ago, trst said:

And the point of making it something that doesn't play like Warframe is that's the very reason people don't place Conclave as is. Too many factors and unbalanced issues around it on top of a steep learning curve with a community that needs to schedule times to play normally. Getting players into Conclave through a Grineer v Corpus mode might even entice others to give normal Conclave a try.

This is a fundamental misunderstanding of why people don't play Conclave. PvP is dead in this game because it offers nothing outside of its own mode (has its own mods, for example), is competitive rather than cooperative (which most people who play this game aren't that interested in), and *then* has the issues you listed. The biggest reason it failed is that first one, though--there's no point to it.

vor 2 Minuten schrieb trst:

OP opened the thread taking about playing as non Tenno characters as seen in the demo and that they should be used beyond a single quest and gives the example of "maybe even future PvP content. (faction battles?)"
PvP content, which we already have named Conclave. If they were to make such a thing then it would be wrapped up into the existing PvP system.

This thread isn't about PvP content we already have.

8 minutes ago, FrostDragoon said:

This is a fundamental misunderstanding of why people don't play Conclave. PvP is dead in this game because it offers nothing outside of its own mode (has its own mods, for example), is competitive rather than cooperative (which most people who play this game aren't that interested in), and *then* has the issues you listed. The biggest reason it failed is that first one, though--there's no point to it.

So all the mods from it which are usable outside of Conclave, the cosmetics that are all exclusive to it which can be used anywhere in-game, and the event leaderboards which people use to compete against others just don't exist? It offers plenty of what players already use and want.

People hate it for not having access to the "meta" mods out the gate and the learning curve of the gameplay, which isn't properly represented anywhere in the normal game, causing them to get facerolled by anyone who has any experience with it. A mode which is free from both wouldn't have those stumbling blocks for players.

Regardless I'm stopping this conversation here as now it's getting off topic.

Playing as a Grineer / Corpus / Teshin looked really interesting.

I don't know how well I'll be able to deal with it.  There's a reason I don't use any of the male frames in Warframe - and that's dysphoria. I feel weird using them, I get headaches, and I get depressed. Looking at the three characters running around, it looked cool as hell, but I've a feeling I'm going to feel really weird playing them, and distinctly uncomfortable. It would have been nice if there was a mixup - male Grineer, female Corpus, Teshin.  Something to break it up some.

Still, looked awesome.

2 minutes ago, EtherPigeon said:

I can totally see this as the basis for "Invasions 2.0", with random sentient incursions across the starchart.

LITERALLY was going to post this and you beat me to it. And I absolutely agree, this could be a good way for Invasion 2.0 but some missions we play as a Grineer or a Corpus unit. 

Yes! I actually can see DE teasing a new PvP mode with these types of missions. They did a tremendous amount of work making the gameplay of each faction be something unique, it would be a shame if we don't get an expansion of this content down the road.

In my opinion the new PvP should be merged with the Invasions (right now, they are not the most popular game mode). Choose your faction and compete with other players. 

It would be absolutely AWESOME.

I dont know how to feel. On one hand, if the gameplay is JUST for that cinematic quest, then i dont see myself too interested in it. The demo shown alone felt like too much gameplay for something only used for a few cinematic quest.

On the other hand, If this is a new mode...im not sure where its going to fit into Warframe progression. 

It will be interesting to see when we get more info. 

2 hours ago, rapt0rman said:

I think it's a tasteful addition in EXTREMELY controlled doses. I think that player=Tenno is still an important aspect of Warframe And I don't think stuff like this (or Stalker mode) should be regularly playable game modes.

Why can't other people have fun and play as something else? No one is forcing you to play as the Stalker or non-warframes. What's the harm in letting other people have the choice?

1 hour ago, Aldain said:

This also might wind up being a "prototype" of sorts for the Duviri Paradox, a different combat system with less mobility would make sense if we remember that old trailer they showed.

This is the exact vibe I got during the reveal as the three characters were all based around the 3 different weapon types.

I think what we saw was a tutorial of sorts for how Operator combat is going to work going forward. Especially considering how PoD seems to completely eliminate Void powers and Amps. 

Just look at how Teshin moved. He used his glaive to dash, and it looked like the element change was some sort of Dax technology vs being an actual power that he possessed.

It's kinda the way to do it. Pick 1 weapon type and you get X abilities. The other two choices seemed to have Melee more like an execution option vs an actual weapon type. Even the Corpus had a prova as his Melee option. 

3 minutes ago, (XBOX)Cram Duahcim said:

This is the exact vibe I got during the reveal as the three characters were all based around the 3 different weapon types.

I think what we saw was a tutorial of sorts for how Operator combat is going to work going forward. Especially considering how PoD seems to completely eliminate Void powers and Amps. 

Just look at how Teshin moved. He used his glaive to dash, and it looked like the element change was some sort of Dax technology vs being an actual power that he possessed.

It's kinda the way to do it. Pick 1 weapon type and you get X abilities. The other two choices seemed to have Melee more like an execution option vs an actual weapon type. Even the Corpus had a prova as his Melee option. 

I feel like usually DE is more clear about what theyre showing. I thought it was just me, but it seems like no one really knows what we were looking at. 

Just now, Hypernaut1 said:

I feel like usually DE is more clear about what theyre showing. I thought it was just me, but it seems like no one really knows what we were looking at. 

There was no explanation this time round but if you take the Planes of Duvir trailer in mind also it honestly makes alot of sense. It could be a tinfoil hat theory but when you see an Adult Operator reaching for a Tigirs in a trailer a couple years ago and now a Grineer using a Corenth Prime now:

The whole time watching it I thought: if these guys can do these things why can't my Operator? 

vor 3 Minuten schrieb Hypernaut1:

They were perfectly clear. It was parts of the New War story quest.

The only problem is that (as I have often said) Warframe is apparently the first real video game for a lot of people on this forum, so they're getting all giddy and excited about some generic shooter gameplay and want to turn it into more than a one-time gimmick.

When they go to the trouble of adding playable characters anyway, it would be a shame if they only saw action in a one-time quest only.

If it were pvp or raids or some other type of game mode, I think people would enjoy playing as their favorite iconic characters, clem, lotus etc. or be able to summon them as a specter hologram or whatever that makes sense, aslong as they see some action.

4 minutes ago, Krankbert said:

They were perfectly clear. It was parts of the New War story quest.

The only problem is that (as I have often said) Warframe is apparently the first real video game for a lot of people on this forum, so they're getting all giddy and excited about some generic shooter gameplay and want to turn it into more than a one-time gimmick.

This is why im so confused at the hype. If its just a cinematic quest sequence, then its not really mind blowing. If its actual gameplay, then we still dont have any context. Is it PvP? PvEvP? I WANT to be excited, but i dont what i should be excited about. If it was part of the main game, you would think they would give us at least a brief summary of what it means to warframe. "New Dark Sector gameplay. Fight for your clan. Choose your faction, etc" or something. 

vor 2 Minuten schrieb Hypernaut1:

This is why im so confused at the hype. If its just a cinematic quest sequence, then its not really mind blowing. If its actual gameplay, then we still dont have any context. Is it PvP? PvEvP? I WANT to be excited, but i dont what i should be excited about. 

It. Is. Part. Of. The. New. War. Story. Quest. It was obviously not a cinematic sequence. It was obviously gameplay. It is obviously not PvP. It is  obviously not PvEvP. It is a story quest. I know this because that is what they said. The video is on Twitch. Just watch it.

Just now, Krankbert said:

It. Is. Part. Of. The. New. War. Story. Quest. It was obviously not a cinematic sequence. It was obviously gameplay. It is obviously not PvP. It is  obviously not PvEvP. It is a story quest. The video is on Twitch. Just watch it.

I guess im hoping its more than just a quest. Usually Tennocon at least gives you an idea of how the game is going to change in a big way. 

2 hours ago, (PSN)GingyGreen said:

Many other games have all justified it by plot devices such as the player character watching a security footage, reading an incident report, or deep diving into someone's memories. In this case you playing a nameless Corpus Crewman is a matter of you playing what your character is reading

I had a similar thought when i was watching the demo. 

Theres a lot of room in the game for lore heavy quests involving Teshin and Syndicates that would benefit strongly from utilizing what they built for New War. 
An easy example is getting to know Teshin and have him open up to us about events or battles from his past. We play as Teshin while he narrates the story as we experience it through his eyes. 
In universe, it'd be no more than the Operator visualizing what they're being told. In game, we get a cool story mission to play that further fleshes out Teshins character. 

Likewise with the various syndicates. Repurpose the Corpus character mechanics into a Perrin Sequence themed unit and we can start to delve into Perrin Sequence history, Narrated by Ergo but experienced as players. 

It'd honestly be an awesome addition to the game. Not every story has to advance the main plot that revolves around our Tenno. Show us the universe around us. 

2 minutes ago, Rey153 said:

Sorry guys but I just don't see us being able to play enemies in the future being a recurrent theme

But at least this can give us a preview of how adult operators will feel 

The real answer is the metrics. Depends on the community reaction when we get it. If its something that increases engagement, that's grofit.

Archived