Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cross-Play & Cross-Save Megathread - The Soonening(TM)/Public Test Edition

Letter13

Update:

Crossplay/Cross-save is just around the corner!

Key takeaways:

- Xbox/PC only crossplay test (due to similar infrastructure), PlayStation/Switch not yet supported

- Some features unavailable in crossplay (dojo, conclave, friend list and trading)

- Can be enabled in game options on PC and Xbox to join the public test

- Cross Save not yet available; once Crossplay is ironed out, cross-save will be implemented

- Feedback is greatly desired from players who participate (please post in the official announcement thread or in the feedback subforum):

• Include the platform you are playing on
  • Add screenshots/videos of any issues encountered during the test
  • For PC, send your EE.log, which can be found by clicking on the “Get Logs” option under the Diagnostics section of the Settings in the launcher
    • Please attach EE.Log in a Support Ticket with the title “CROSS PLATFORM PLAY BUG” 
  • For PC, detail what happened before any crash occurred when submitting a ticket using Warframe’s crash report tool (it will generate a WAR number)

Happy crossplaying, Tenno!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Old content:

Hey folks!

So I'm sure you've all (or mostly all heard) the great news regarding Cross-Play and Cross-Save coming to Warframe soon:

While we do not have all the details yet, this long requested feature is finally making its way to the game (and the moderators will no longer have to lock the monthly/weekly/daily thread asking about it). Folks on different platforms will be able to play together, and users will (presumably) be able to freely transfer their progress between platforms on a whim (or perhaps 'unify' different platform accounts in a similar fashion to some other games, like Destiny, where all linked platform accounts access a singular set of account data stored on DE's servers).

I decided to re-create the megathread of yore (the one from 2018 with 69 pages) with some up-to-date info and a more relevant opening post. Please feel free to discuss and speculate on this upcoming feature here!

Some of the major talking points popping up in the thread:

• Platinum between platforms - Will platinum be merged between platforms, or will platinum bought on one platform remain on that platform? (Think Silver from Destiny 2)
  • Trading & Market Questions - Will players across platforms be able to trade with one another? Or will it be restricted to the platform a player is currently on? The market-scape between platforms is vastly different for platinum prices on some tradeable goods, and cross-save/cross-play may wind up balancing/equalizing prices across platforms
  • TENNOGEN - A real hot topic, seeing as the method of implementation is radically different between PC and Console; will Tennogen skins transfer when moving between platforms? Will PC players be able to purchase Tennogen skins for platinum when playing on consoles?
  • Platform exclusive cosmetics - Similar to Tennogen, will they transfer? In regards to the Obsidian/Jade skins, etc.
  • Method of Cross-Save - Some players have expressed interest in a 'Merge' style of cross-save (where items from multiple platforms are merged/combined) versus more traditional style of 'Overwrite' style of cross-save (where the data of the 'master' account overwrites/overrides the linked accounts of other platforms--think Destiny 2).
  • When it will go live - There are no announced dates for when it will be released, though there is speculation that it may drop with The New War.

This thread will hopefully be able to start compiling some good sets of questions we can field to DE staff for upcoming devstreams. I for one am very eager to hear more about the manner in which cross-save and cross-play will be implemented.

Update: Thanks to @xcrimsonlegendx for the update on goals for linking/merging/cross-saving accounts! 

On 2021-07-24 at 3:34 PM, xcrimsonlegendx said:

1e3801420311f2d7a74c8814272eaaa5.png
1c647c4c31a7349f297caf99e908643a.png728d2d522e388bb04ffd68a43df899f0.png

• Like 70

Since we're getting cross-play and cross-save how will we manage multiple accounts?

I started on Xbox, made a fair bit of progress, spent some money, etc before switching to PC. My Xbox gamertag is already associated with a Warframe account, I have two separate forum accounts one of PC and one for Xbox as well. What do you suppose will happen when cross-save goes live? Will we have to choose what account we want to use, will there be some kind of account merging feature implemented?

• Like 34

Just now, -UCPP- said:

I think this is the best thing to happen to warframe in a long time. 
So many people are going to be coming back since they can use their respective platforms with their old accounts! :D

When I started on Xbox i had some friends I played with, when I left to play on PC they stopped playing. I see this as a prime opportunity to be able to take my PC progression back to Xbox (since it was unappealing to play on that old account) and play with them again, to get others to play the game with me as well. Its certainly going to invigorate my interest as well as my friends.

• Like 2

If I can play my Switch account on my Xbox Series X or PS5 I’d play Warframe everyday. 

Might not be able to play on PS5 because I have an old PS4 account already I rarely touch. I wonder if they will let us unlink and relink another account.

Edited by (NSW)DreTheSage
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, xcrimsonlegendx said:

Since we're getting cross-play and cross-save how will we manage multiple accounts?

I started on Xbox, made a fair bit of progress, spent some money, etc before switching to PC. My Xbox gamertag is already associated with a Warframe account, I have two separate forum accounts one of PC and one for Xbox as well. What do you suppose will happen when cross-save goes live? Will we have to choose what account we want to use, will there be some kind of account merging feature implemented?

I suspect it will be similar to Destiny; basically you pick which account (really which account data) you want to act as the master, and when you link other accounts to it, its data will supersede the other accounts'. Basically you log into the site using the account you want to use as your main account, then link the other platform accounts afterwards. 

However I also imagine it will overwrite the linked accounts' data, so if you want to keep your progress made on separate platforms, you will probably be better off not linking them.

10 minutes ago, DrivaMain said:

Can this thread be pinned? Don't want this thread to be drowned that it's hard to find it. Most people do not use the search function.

I'll ask the staff. While we moderators have a 'pseudo-pin' function called 'Feature' we cannot actually pin threads except for a few locations. DE Staff needs to actually do higher level forum functions like pinning threads.

• Like 18

If i have an account on the switch thats spoken for to my profile, how will i be able to integrate my main PC profile to switch? I missed the initial migration to switch as i didnt own one at the time either.

Are we going to have login boxes?

2 minutes ago, Letter13 said:

I suspect it will be similar to Destiny; basically you pick which account (really which account data) you want to act as the master, and when you link other accounts to it, its data will supersede the other accounts'. Basically you log into the site using the account you want to use as your main account, then link the other platform accounts afterwards. 

However I also imagine it will overwrite the linked accounts' data, so if you want to keep your progress made on separate platforms, you will probably be better off not linking them.

I'll ask the staff. While we moderators have a 'pseudo-pin' function called 'Feature' we cannot actually pin threads except for a few locations. DE Staff needs to actually do higher level forum functions like pinning threads.

Man I seriously hope this happens as I had to close an old psn account because someone hacked it so to be safe Sony asked me to request a close to its online access..

So If what you say happens hopefully there a chance my stuff linked to my old account can finally be transferred over!!! Would love nothing more then to get back all my old stuff including my kavat to new account luckily this account I'm using now is MR28 & I have pretty much 85% of stuff back..

Mainly I want my psn exclusive cosmetics back the obsidian stuff + Targis Prime Armor,Avia Prime Armor & Destilling Prime Extractors & I'm good!

Mainly I just want to get my resources & several mods back as well  + I still have that account linked to my Playstation 4 even though I can't sign In +this account is linked to ps4 & ps5 so I'm hoping for best.. I hated shutting it down but it had to be done to avoid my stuff being compromised.. thanks 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, (PSN)KCLegionOfZoom20 said:

Man I seriously hope this happens as I had to close an old psn account because someone hacked it so to be safe Sony asked me to request a close to its online access..

So If what you say happens hopefully there a chance my stuff linked to my old account can finally be transferred over!!! Would love nothing more then to get back all my old stuff including my kavat to new account luckily this account I'm using now is MR28 & I have pretty much 85% of stuff back..

Mainly I want my psn exclusive cosmetics back the obsidian stuff + Targis Prime Armor,Avia Prime Armor & Destilling Prime Extractors & I'm good!

Mainly I just want to get my resources & several mods back as well  + I still have that account linked to my Playstation 4 even though I can't sign In +this account is linked to ps4 & ps5 so I'm hoping for best.. I hated shutting it down but it had to be done to avoid my stuff being compromised.. thanks 

Unfortunately I don't believe cross-save is going to help your situation. You would need to regain access to your old PSN account in order to link it. Keep in mind that 'cross-save' is not synonymous with 'account merge'. Cross-save will likely overwrite any platform specific progress with the progress & data from the 'master' account, and I do not think it will be possible to link multiple accounts from the same service, meaning you will not be able to link two PSN accounts together.

14 minutes ago, Atsia said:

I really want to know how plat and Tennogen is gonna work given the different economies between PC and Consoles.

Indeed, it would be nice if i could buy some tennogen stuff finally since you cant on PC.

I imagine console economies rebalance to be essentially same as PC.

• Like 3

"WHEN CROSSPLAY/CROSS SAVE?" threads will be replaced with "I CAN MERGE MY MULTIPLE ACCOUNTS ON DIFFERENT PLATFORMS?" threads now. I think it would be nice if DE staff do some FAQ with the info available so we can help people out linking the official info

• Like 11

I only hope & pray that this'll go well, there's certainly a lot riding on the unification across all platforms.
There's absolutely no need to rush this behemoth out the door in a bad state, especially since we know that this truly is in the works. Please take all the time you need while persistently testing for any & every issue possible.

• Like 7

I have a Warframe account tied to my Xbox live profile that I gave up on and has no progress, while also having a PC Warframe account which is my main account. I hope whatever determines what account is picked as the universal account is very careful. I've got 4k+ hours on PC and getting it replaced with my blank Xbox Warframe account would be catastrophic. 

• Like 5

Such epic dev move by DE, still can't believe it's true...

I guess @Dark_Lugia just lost his job. And the one other guy who also make list of cross-whatever threads and post it everytime a rookie asks, sorry your name skips me atm.

so i guess we'll all have streamlined builds from now on, huh...

Btw mobile phones?! Jesus, that was so wild i need my hangover coffee...

• Like 2

so we on PC have to use real money to get them while consoles can just buy with plat. with merging of players, it will bring lot of items in market trade pool so grinding plat won't be a issue for most.

so how will tennogen be brought? if consoles still get plat benefit and PC players have to use real money. then We PC users aren't getting a valid benefit from this cross platform stuff. since now we won't be the first to receive updates and stuff, which felt like a good bonus before. they should make them cost real money for all OR platinum for all (which i doubt)

• Like 2