Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cross-Play & Cross-Save Megathread - The Soonening(TM)/Public Test Edition

Letter13

So for this new update they're talking about cross saving and stuff of that nature. Its pretty cool to do that but what if I have put so many hours on 2 different platforms, like I have a lot of valuable stuff on both platforms. I don't want to lose one wile trying to bring the other over. I was just wondering if something like that is happening with the new update or is it going to be "hey you want this transferred over to your pc, well good bye pc progress".

On 2021-08-04 at 11:54 AM, (XBOX)Zandatsu1207 said:

I wonder if clans would also be able to have members from different platforms now.

For example: A PC clan could now add Switch/Xbox/PS players to their roster.

I think that would be pretty awesome since most of my friends play warframe on pc but I'm an Xbox user.

Question of the year for me - I would like all platforms to be able to merge into one dojo personally. Blow up my other to dojos and put those resources into my main vault. I would be pretty happy with that, I know all my Switch members now would love to trade with my Xbox members etc. Then all the PS4 5 players would also be able to join their friends on xbox. 

This is massive if it happens this way as everything will be easier, mainly recruiting.

Cross save was announced at tennocon 2021, however... I'm curious as to when it will actually release. Will it be before the new war or after? Releasing it after would honestly be such a huge mistake in building up the player base for the expansion. There's not long left in the year so when will it release?

• Like 1

On 2021-08-04 at 8:04 PM, (PSN)JaxsonHammerkawk said:

I really hope that Steve is implying that the platinum you have now can only be traded to players on your platform.

I think he means that if you have more than 1 account you will have to decide on which account to keep, the other accounts will count as merged and the platinum they posses cannot be used on the main account in trades after the merge.

So if you have PC, NSW and PSN accounts with 1000, 200 and 100 plat, and you decide your PC will be your main account, then you'll end up with 1000 universal plat and 300 non-tradable plat that can only be used on market items. And if for some reasons you want your PSN account to be the main you'd sit with 100 universal plat and 1200 non-tradable for market use only.

• Like 2

All I know is that based on how changes are done, merged etc will be a direct correlation to how I proceed in the game and how well my clans survive the changes. If they truly wish to fortify the clan experience that I believe many of us feel is very important, some very very good decisions need to be made. Some of those changes might be loses for DE initially but in the end would really enhance the clan experience overall. 

My hope is that they call upon those Warlords that can give constructive feedback, not just youtubers or partners. Many of us have run very successful Clans and alliances and are happy to give realistic feedback for what the majority of players see daily in the clan and alliance experience. I know I am one that looks at this game as my family and really wants it to succeed. I have piled tons of hours (over 3k at this point I think) and tons of money into the game as it is just over enjoyable and something I keep coming back too for all the right reasons. Sure there are issues, heck I even like some of the bugs, but in all the games I have played this one always brings me back. I want to make sure that with these major changes coming I still have that mindset post changes. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

I think he means that if you have more than 1 account you will have to decide on which account to keep, the other accounts will count as merged and the platinum they posses cannot be used on the main account in trades after the merge.

So if you have PC, NSW and PSN accounts with 1000, 200 and 100 plat, and you decide your PC will be your main account, then you'll end up with 1000 universal plat and 300 non-tradable plat that can only be used on market items. And if for some reasons you want your PSN account to be the main you'd sit with 100 universal plat and 1200 non-tradable for market use only.

I'd be cool with that but i don't have multiple accounts lol. Looking at it again after seeing your comment i think you may be right. Fingers crossed this all goes well. Hopefully they don't rush it. Thanks for your reply mate :)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, (PSN)JaxsonHammerkawk said:

I'd be cool with that but i don't have multiple accounts lol. Looking at it again after seeing your comment i think you may be right. Fingers crossed this all goes well. Hopefully they don't rush it. Thanks for your reply mate :)

Hopefully they'll clarify it better the closer we get to the release of it all.

On 2021-07-17 at 10:41 PM, xcrimsonlegendx said:

Since we're getting cross-play and cross-save how will we manage multiple accounts?

I started on Xbox, made a fair bit of progress, spent some money, etc before switching to PC. My Xbox gamertag is already associated with a Warframe account, I have two separate forum accounts one of PC and one for Xbox as well. What do you suppose will happen when cross-save goes live? Will we have to choose what account we want to use, will there be some kind of account merging feature implemented?

I have the same exact situation. REALLY want to get some feedback from DE on this. If there's already something out there answering this, blow it up. I'm sure a lot of people are in the same exact boat.

Holding off on buying any platinum or prime accesses until we get answers on what happens with platinum seems like a great idea. Why would I ever buy something that could soon be locked to my account when if I wait,I can get plat actually usable beyond just the market.

Edited by wizardeiges
  • Like 2

Due to the fact that they presented crossplay at tennocon from all platforms  already, I assume there are just some details left. Like the economy and tennogen for example . My guess is a release somewhen in October . 
If it is coming with the new war update it might be November. 

vor 19 Stunden schrieb The_Obsidian:

Guess we wait until we have some more information about how the cross save is gonna function, hopefully not too long 🤐

You don’t need to wait to figure out that an account migration will not happen. 
It will work like destiny (choose account and link to platforms).

If they give you the possibility to migrate it would mean a loss of money at some point . Just think about some prime frames which lay on some old accounts . 
You wouldn’t buy or farm it again when you have the possibility to migrate wouldn’t you ? 

At the end of they day they want to generate value for the company and earn money. 

So most likely there will be no account migration.

There is a major flaw in merging accounts once the accounts in question have made noticeable progress into the game and have their worth in currency, that a lot of people don't realize or don't want DE to notice.
Currently we know that trading between accounts owned by the same person is against ToS, so what makes merging any different? It doesn't, trading accounts owned by the same person and merging are one in the same.
An example would be I have 2 accounts each with their own wealth in plat and credits, 1 on PC and 1 on console.
If I merge these accounts all of the currency on to 1 account, all I did was a trade. I just changed the name of the process even though the process is the exact same.
The only way I can see merging (trading just named different) not being an issue is if they completely remove the "Self-Trading is against ToS" rule, but as soon as they do that the market will overflow with overpriced items and many new free accounts will be made just to get the free 50plat and merge/trade it to their mains.