Jump to content

Cross-Play & Cross-Save Megathread - In Development Edition


Recommended Posts

So with the announcement of future crossplay I find myself in a state of limbo. I have accounts on 3 seperate platforms(PC, PSN, XBox) and a ton of money spent on all 3. It is my hope that with DE implementing this that they are working on a way to merge the account rather than override the existing account. Or at the very least a way for the players like myself with multiple accounts to be recompensated for all market purchased items. I find myself wanting to play on the PC where I am MR 14, but my PSN account is MR 17 almost 18. So if DE is going the override route I’m essentially wasting any time spent playing on the PC.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

A merge sounds complicated.

Each of your account have different number of resources, different credits, different plats, mods. You can't overlap IGN. How can you proof that those accounts are legit-ly yours? What if some randos decided to "merge" my compromised account? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, HappyFishxas said:

A merge sounds complicated.

Each of your account have different number of resources, different credits, different plats, mods. You can't overlap IGN. How can you proof that those accounts are legit-ly yours? What if some randos decided to "merge" my compromised account? 

A merge is complicated in the sense that they need to decide which parts of the account merges and which don't. There is probably negotiations with different platform representatives on that, since they'll need permission to manipulate data or something like that.

Once the category of items have been decided, the actual process is much simple - since it'll just be like manipulating data sets in a database - adding up the count of items that merge and only read from the "main account" items that won't merge, then save the data to the "main account".

Overlapping IGN is also a cross-play issue, which they'll need to resolve anyway for cross-play to launch, probably just unique platform identifiers can do the trick.

Accounts ownership can be proven through the use of password in the game client and email verification. But if your account and email are both compromised - I suspected that should be dealt with through actions on your end - especially with the email, since DE has no control over that? But either way, when that happens, the only thing that can be done in that situation is to contact DE support for your game account (and more importantly, support for your email account). But likely they'll need proof of the account being yours before they can do anything about it.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Merging inventory and items may be the easy part, rather more complex might be merging the loadouts for frames and weapons and companions. As different accounts have different mods so there is a good chance that some of the frames and weapons have had different formas applied and differ in the loadouts and looks that are saved. Merging them may get tricky and same with people who have hit the riven slot limits and have no space for more rivens if more should get merged from another account, the limits may need to be changed, same situation with syndicate standings if different accounts have gone different syndicates and so on. The game is rather complex and if merging gets too complicated they may just opt to make you choose one that you play and/or keep playing all your accounts on all platforms, rather than merge them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2021-08-28 at 12:19 AM, HappyFishxas said:

A merge sounds complicated.

Each of your account have different number of resources, different credits, different plats, mods. You can't overlap IGN. How can you proof that those accounts are legit-ly yours? What if some randos decided to "merge" my compromised account? 

That's rather easy. When merging, send an approval code to both account's E-mail addresses.

That way, even if someone decided to try to merge your own account into theirs, the process would fail unless they also happen to have access to your E-mail.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, (XBOX)The Lylmik said:

Merging inventory and items may be the easy part, rather more complex might be merging the loadouts for frames and weapons and companions. As different accounts have different mods so there is a good chance that some of the frames and weapons have had different formas applied and differ in the loadouts and looks that are saved. Merging them may get tricky and same with people who have hit the riven slot limits and have no space for more rivens if more should get merged from another account, the limits may need to be changed, same situation with syndicate standings if different accounts have gone different syndicates and so on. The game is rather complex and if merging gets too complicated they may just opt to make you choose one that you play and/or keep playing all your accounts on all platforms, rather than merge them.

Yep it will super complex. In a perfect world for me, I would merge everything into my xbox account. So Switch and PC - They can also liquidate my switch and PC dojos and maybe add the resources to my xbox dojo vault or even if I got half of those resources back. As a moon clan on xbox that is heavy into decorating those resources would be used up in one room more than likely. 

As for loadouts, I would be find with picking one platform and lose my other load outs as I rarely play on these platforms. So I assume most people have a fav platform they would be able to merge into.

I just really want all my players from PC and Switch to be part of one physical dojo so we can all easily play together no matter the platform. Also playstation people I know can finally join the clan. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I started playing on PSN and earned some cool prime frames and items and then eventually switched to PC to try something different. I have items on my PC account that I don't have on my PSN account. I would much prefer the option to merge these two accounts together so that I don't feel like 1 is sitting around collecting dust so to speak.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

In fact, the option to merge accounts would prompt me to start playing the game again with a ton of excitement. The same kind of excitement as when I first started playing way back on PSN. It's really cool to see that DE is working cross play and cross save. Merging accounts would seal the deal for me and I'd be a regular once again.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Am 18.7.2021 um 04:41 schrieb xcrimsonlegendx:

Since we're getting cross-play and cross-save how will we manage multiple accounts?

I started on Xbox, made a fair bit of progress, spent some money, etc before switching to PC. My Xbox gamertag is already associated with a Warframe account, I have two separate forum accounts one of PC and one for Xbox as well. What do you suppose will happen when cross-save goes live? Will we have to choose what account we want to use, will there be some kind of account merging feature implemented?

Ur not the only one. Ive also got two accounts I started with my PS4 which i still use some times to play with some friends, but i also swapped over to the PC. Both accounts got 400+ hours of play time and both got stuff that the other one dont have. I would like to see a merge option even if it costs money. If someone thinks the same please like the both this and the pinned comment. Maybe they will notice and hopefully they will add a merge option.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm in the same situation. I started on the PS4 and then later on started playing on PC. I have many hours put into both the PS4 account and the PC account and if I could combine the two accounts together into 1 account, that would be most ideal.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

hace 4 horas, (PSN)TrueSilentdeath dijo:

No one ever said later this year to this

And no one said it would roll out with new war, this is something like duviri which at best will take years.

Probably a late 2022 or mid 2023 thing

It is still early in developement

Hi,

Yes, someone said it, first page, first post, first line:

So I'm sure you've all (or mostly all heard) the great news regarding Cross-Play and Cross-Save coming to Warframe later this year with the New War update.

And no, not early in development, they showed working (image from devstream):

0f1wllo4bub71.png?width=640&crop=smart&a

Greetings.

Edited by (PSN)xavijan
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, (PSN)xavijan said:

Hi,

Yes, someone said it, first page, first post, first line:

So I'm sure you've all (or mostly all heard) the great news regarding Cross-Play and Cross-Save coming to Warframe later this year with the New War update.

And no, not early in development, they showed working (image from devstream):

0f1wllo4bub71.png?width=640&crop=smart&a

Greetings.

I hope that's still the timeline. We're just getting a lot of messaging of "We'll tell you more later." for now.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, mrEkli said:

I hope that's still the timeline. We're just getting a lot of messaging of "We'll tell you more later." for now.

Of course they are.

I'm still surprised they put any kind of estimative.

But dont worry, when October comes, we will have the usual cries of "Time is running out", "Where is it?", "Here comes the DElays!" shall come. As always.

And when it comes, "Fix the game!", "I cant access X!"... and the most important of all "I havent read a single line of the changes and options of the Xsave Merge and just skipped ahead and now I'm stuck with an undesired account! WHaT a sLaP tO tHe fAcE!"

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2021-08-27 at 10:13 PM, (PSN)kelamor said:

So with the announcement of future crossplay I find myself in a state of limbo. I have accounts on 3 seperate platforms(PC, PSN, XBox) and a ton of money spent on all 3. It is my hope that with DE implementing this that they are working on a way to merge the account rather than override the existing account. Or at the very least a way for the players like myself with multiple accounts to be recompensated for all market purchased items. I find myself wanting to play on the PC where I am MR 14, but my PSN account is MR 17 almost 18. So if DE is going the override route I’m essentially wasting any time spent playing on the PC.

I'm in a similar place, I have a MR27 on PC, but haven't been able to play there for about an year because reasons. I'm MR17 on PS4, and since that one is available, I started playing on it. Got the new frames on it (Lavos / Yarelli / Sevagoth) but now I don't know what to do. Do I keep playing on PS4? Do I wait so I replace that account with the one from PC? It's got to the point that I mostly left Warframe on hold until this is resolved, but I'd very much want to play the new war when available

One tweet from Steve is hardly a roadmap for what's going to happen, if DE could give us some information, it would be great. I'm not playing until then, and I'll keep an eye on this thread.

I wouldn't mind at all if my PC plat only showed on PC, or some limitations, if I have to blow up one dojo, I just want answers, something concrete to plan my playing accordingly

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Cbunn said:

I'm in a similar place, I have a MR27 on PC, but haven't been able to play there for about an year because reasons. I'm MR17 on PS4, and since that one is available, I started playing on it. Got the new frames on it (Lavos / Yarelli / Sevagoth) but now I don't know what to do. Do I keep playing on PS4? Do I wait so I replace that account with the one from PC? It's got to the point that I mostly left Warframe on hold until this is resolved, but I'd very much want to play the new war when available

One tweet from Steve is hardly a roadmap for what's going to happen, if DE could give us some information, it would be great. I'm not playing until then, and I'll keep an eye on this thread.

I wouldn't mind at all if my PC plat only showed on PC, or some limitations, if I have to blow up one dojo, I just want answers, something concrete to plan my playing accordingly

I'm the same as you two, I played on pc until 1-2 years ago, stopped playing on PC MR25, started early this year on Xbox I'm MR15 and I have several things that the pc account doesn't have, just like on the PC I have several things that I don't have on the xbox, but as I don't know if I'll lose everything or there will be a fusion I'm also in limbo, afraid to play and in the end just waste time, so I took a break until I had something more concrete.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2021-07-17 at 9:40 PM, Letter13 said:

Hey folks!

So I'm sure you've all (or mostly all heard) the great news regarding Cross-Play and Cross-Save coming to Warframe later this year with the New War update.

While we do not have all the details yet, this long requested feature is finally making its way to the game (and the moderators will no longer have to lock the monthly/weekly/daily thread asking about it). Folks on different platforms will be able to play together, and users will (presumably) be able to freely transfer their progress between platforms on a whim (or perhaps 'unify' different platform accounts in a similar fashion to some other games, like Destiny, where all linked platform accounts access a singular set of account data stored on DE's servers).

I decided to re-create the megathread of yore (the one from 2018 with 69 pages) with some up-to-date info and a more relevant opening post. Please feel free to discuss and speculate on this upcoming feature here!

 

Some of the major talking points popping up in the thread:

  • Platinum between platforms - Will platinum be merged between platforms, or will platinum bought on one platform remain on that platform? (Think Silver from Destiny 2)
  • Trading & Market Questions - Will players across platforms be able to trade with one another? Or will it be restricted to the platform a player is currently on? The market-scape between platforms is vastly different for platinum prices on some tradeable goods, and cross-save/cross-play may wind up balancing/equalizing prices across platforms
  • TENNOGEN - A real hot topic, seeing as the method of implementation is radically different between PC and Console; will Tennogen skins transfer when moving between platforms? Will PC players be able to purchase Tennogen skins for platinum when playing on consoles?
  • Platform exclusive cosmetics - Similar to Tennogen, will they transfer? In regards to the Obsidian/Jade skins, etc.
  • Method of Cross-Save - Some players have expressed interest in a 'Merge' style of cross-save (where items from multiple platforms are merged/combined) versus more traditional style of 'Overwrite' style of cross-save (where the data of the 'master' account overwrites/overrides the linked accounts of other platforms--think Destiny 2).

 

This thread will hopefully be able to start compiling some good sets of questions we can field to DE staff for upcoming devstreams. I for one am very eager to hear more about the manner in which cross-save and cross-play will be implemented.

 

Update: Thanks to @xcrimsonlegendx for the update on goals for linking/merging/cross-saving accounts! 

 

So I have a switch account that was permanently banned over a year ago. I had a rough night that night and my anger took over. Anyways I am curious if I can transfer the saved data from that account to my Xbox even though it is banned. I have 87 warframes on it and over 500+ daily logins so I would really appreciate getting it back.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, (XBOX)SgtDeadMoon said:

So I have a switch account that was permanently banned over a year ago. I had a rough night that night and my anger took over. Anyways I am curious if I can transfer the saved data from that account to my Xbox even though it is banned. I have 87 warframes on it and over 500+ daily logins so I would really appreciate getting it back.

If the account was permanently banned, I'm going to say its safe to assume that you will not be able to access that account or its contents, ever again. Unless you somehow contest the ban with support and its overturned.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, (XBOX)SgtDeadMoon said:

So I have a switch account that was permanently banned over a year ago. I had a rough night that night and my anger took over. Anyways I am curious if I can transfer the saved data from that account to my Xbox even though it is banned. I have 87 warframes on it and over 500+ daily logins so I would really appreciate getting it back.

I find it very difficult for you to transfer your banned account, because if they take a BAN to transfer items you would have to do the same with everyone, including those who used hack programs, some benefit to acquire PLs illegally.

so it's better to settle for not being able to transfer

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Letter13 changed the title to Cross-Play & Cross-Save Megathread - In Development Edition

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...