Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cross-Play & Cross-Save Megathread - The Soonening(TM)/Public Test Edition

Letter13

2 часа назад, norkie сказал:

#2 With the implementation of cross-save and cross-play will other platforms now be able to use and or obtain those items on different platforms (for example pc players being able to get the jade skins for Xbox)

if not, then I will be strongly against the introduction of all this cross-crap

17 minutes ago, Merrcenary said:

if not, then I will be strongly against the introduction of all this cross-crap

wait, you're saying you'd deny crossplay for the sake of a few skins? overreaction much?

the game will be cross platform, but the storefronts won't be: you'll still only be able to get certain skins on certain platforms, and given how DE treats exclusive content, it's SUPER unlikely they wil go out of their way to put every platform skin on every store. don't get me wrong, I'd like a few of those Jade Skins Xbox have, but will I ever get the chance to buy one? nope.

• Like 5

It's Already September.... Are they really expecting to implement this Before December ?

I honestly don't think they can pull it off.... 🤨

But if they do.... I got two Friends who have a high chance of Playing This Game.... Which means I can come back too 😝 !!!

27 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

It's Already September.... Are they really expecting to implement this Before December ?

I honestly don't think they can pull it off.... 🤨

But if they do.... I got two Friends who have a high chance of Playing This Game.... Which means I can come back too 😝 !!!

I don't believe they ever actually said it was coming this year, they just said it was "In Development".

It's entirely possible I'm wrong and missed it, but I don't think I've seen anything from an official DE source saying they are planning to release the cross-save/play work this year.

• Like 2

We could just use some information at all. If it's going to take longer than this year, just say so. It's already announced.

44 minutes ago, CubicleNinja said:

I don't believe they ever actually said it was coming this year, they just said it was "In Development".

It's entirely possible I'm wrong and missed it, but I don't think I've seen anything from an official DE source saying they are planning to release the cross-save/play work this year.

Hello@Letter13

Your topic title here says "Coming This Year", could you confirm or comment on that? Thank you.

Edited by (NSW)mrEkli

3 hours ago, CubicleNinja said:

Good.... I mean if they did say it then I'd be really concerned but if they didn't then its All good... 👍

11 hours ago, (NSW)mrEkli said:

We could just use some information at all. If it's going to take longer than this year, just say so. It's already announced.

Hello@Letter13

Your topic title here says "Coming This Year", could you confirm or comment on that? Thank you.

It's pretty self explanatory. Latest word we have from DE is that Crossplay/Cross-Save is coming sometime this year. I'm aware there's only two-ish months until the end of the year, but unless DE says that crossplay/cross-save has been delayed, we should expect it to be coming out before the year's end (and likely with The New War).

• Like 5

10 hours ago, Letter13 said:

It's pretty self explanatory. Latest word we have from DE is that Crossplay/Cross-Save is coming sometime this year. I'm aware there's only two-ish months until the end of the year, but unless DE says that crossplay/cross-save has been delayed, we should expect it to be coming out before the year's end (and likely with The New War).

Do you have a reference to where they said it was coming "sometime this year"?  The only references I can find from DE are that it is "In Development" and I haven't been able to find anything from them stating that it is actually targeted for this ear.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CubicleNinja said:

Do you have a reference to where they said it was coming "sometime this year"?  The only references I can find from DE are that it is "In Development" and I haven't been able to find anything from them stating that it is actually targeted for this ear.

Yes, in the TennoCon reveal.

5 minutes ago, Letter13 said:

I just re-watched it ( https://youtu.be/fvSSWv4hcqw?t=1075 ) and at no point did I see or hear them say "This year", it was just "In Development".

I know it might seem minor, but I worry about all the hype that this thread title might be giving folks, with all the replies on it, that it will be coming this year when I don't believe that was ever stated by anyone from DE.

With how quick pitchforks can come out due to missed timelines, etc, we have to be careful on putting words into DE's mouth if we don't have an official source for them actually saying it.

I will be extremely excited if it does make it out this year, I just don't like seeing all the hate thrown around when a perceived commitment date is missed.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, CubicleNinja said:

I just re-watched it ( https://youtu.be/fvSSWv4hcqw?t=1075 ) and at no point did I see or hear them say "This year", it was just "In Development".

I know it might seem minor, but I worry about all the hype that this thread title might be giving folks, with all the replies on it, that it will be coming this year when I don't believe that was ever stated by anyone from DE.

With how quick pitchforks can come out due to missed timelines, etc, we have to be careful on putting words into DE's mouth if we don't have an official source for them actually saying it.

I will be extremely excited if it does make it out this year, I just don't like seeing all the hate thrown around when a perceived commitment date is missed.

You are correct, and I've updated the thread to suit.

Given that they had a working in-development version for TennoCon, I was assuming that it would be dropping with The New War update (and thus would be released this year), though that appears to have been an assumption as opposed to an announcement from DE.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Letter13 said:

Given that they had a working in-development version for TennoCon, I was assuming that it would be dropping with The New War update (and thus would be released this year), though that appears to have been an assumption as opposed to an announcement from DE.

It happens :)

Considering how significant each thing is, I imagine it'll be one and then the other at some point; Possibly New War first (At least that's my guess), since they've mentioned that's what their focus is most often lately. That being said, there's probably no way to know if other new things will come between TNW and Cross-platform stuff, but we'll find out in due time.

At least knowing it's in development is pretty nice.

8 hours ago, Letter13 said:

Didn't they specifically say in the last devstream, that crossplay is not slated to hit with New War? I doubt New War will go live earlier than December so that would mean cross play is very VERY unlikely to hit before 2022.

Edited by Leqesai

I am very disappointed that the crosssave (not cross play) will not be added with New War. I have been playing Ps4 for years now and, to put it mildly, the quality of the game is poor. I was hoping to play New War on PC. However, after the last stream, it turns out that I will not be able to do so. Why did DE not think to add at least a cross save with the new extension. Probably many people like me will not be able to switch to PS5 anytime soon. This is my appeal, please DE allow cross save with NEW WAR arrival.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, DraQpl said:

I am very disappointed that the crosssave (not cross play) will not be added with New War. I have been playing Ps4 for years now and, to put it mildly, the quality of the game is poor. I was hoping to play New War on PC. However, after the last stream, it turns out that I will not be able to do so. Why did DE not think to add at least a cross save with the new extension. Probably many people like me will not be able to switch to PS5 anytime soon. This is my appeal, please DE allow cross save with NEW WAR arrival.

They explained on the stream that cross-save is complicated. There are a lot of technical and legal loopholes to jump though to get it working, which is why its going to take longer than cross-play will to implement. How to handle the merging of accounts, what to do with duplicate purchases, how do they deal with your platinum balance, platform exclusive cosmetics, tennogen, in-game purchases between platform holders... Its not as easy as just flipping a switch and turning it on. Obviously they did "think to add it" but clearly its not going to be ready in time.

My only suggestion is to be patient, like the rest of us and let the devs finish their work at their own pace.

• Like 2

I have an account for my pc and a account for my Xbox. I no longer play on my Xbox, I had put $100's of dollars into that account as well as a few hundred in my PC account.

The question is when I cross save what happens if I cross save with my pc account? Do I get all the stuff back from my Xbox account? does it merge and ill have all my new stuff from PC and my old stuff from Xbox? Or do I lose everything from one account to keep the other?

56 minutes ago, Chimpulite said:

I have an account for my pc and a account for my Xbox. I no longer play on my Xbox, I had put $100's of dollars into that account as well as a few hundred in my PC account.

The question is when I cross save what happens if I cross save with my pc account? Do I get all the stuff back from my Xbox account? does it merge and ill have all my new stuff from PC and my old stuff from Xbox? Or do I lose everything from one account to keep the other?

At moment there no indication of account merging, the cross save deals with only one account being able to play on different platforms.

They will also modify ToS as accounts owned by a single player cant interact with each other. 

Alright, according to the DevStream on the 24th October (for posterity to future readers of this thread) the plan for Cross Save and Cross Play is as follows:

Cross Play will be implemented and tested for functionality. If the test goes well, then Cross Save will be implemented after that.

However, what we also know is because a specific question came up: what about Account Merging?

So what we know from this discussion is this: Cross Save simply means that your different accounts, on Xbox and PC will be able to save and apply to every platform independently. You will still have two accounts, they will just be multi-platform.

Account Merging is where a player with multiple accounts that started on separate platforms can be combined to create one where as much as possible progression is retained overall, possibly creating an account that is greater than either by virtue of different items possessed on the individual accounts.

This is something far more complex and will be addressed as a concept after Cross Save has been implemented.

If it is possible, we won't know for a long time.

• Like 2

technically "cross-save" is when you have a save file for warframe, then you load the file on another platform.
ex: you play warframe on PC, then you save your progress and quit, then load that save file on a switch to continue playing.

while what you're describing is "account merging".

although it's too soon to speculate about what feature goes when, i won't hold my breath for account merging.
cross-play will obviously be the first of their focus. if that goes well, only then we can start thinking about cross-save. everything else will come even later.

So I noticed something in Devstream 157 that I didn't see a lot people mention.

But at 57:15 Steve talked about the team making the menus for opting in or out to cross-network play.

So people that are worried about playing with mobile, console, or pc players. Looks like you won't have to. We will have options!

Edited by TomCruisesSon
  • Like 1

Hi there,

Has anything been said specifically about what will happen if people have migrated their data to switch coming up with this feature? Like I did, and have traded for a lot of platinum. At the moment they are seperate, but I'm confused what will happen when it's all merged.

Thanks