Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cross-Play & Cross-Save Megathread - The Soonening(TM)/Public Test Edition

Letter13

Hey, Nintendo Switcheroo player here, and I have a question/suggestion here

Please make it so our data will MERGE. Like say if we have the Loki Prime and an Esteem frame there, and we have a save on PC with Railjack and a lot of primes, let us merge them into one unified account where we will be able to CHOOSE our user based on the names (Like with your acc name for Switch and PC, Let us pick which alias we can have)

This will players (and me):
-Platinum on items other accounts have/don't have
-Grinding time
-Our effort

Please consider doing it this way to keep data loss minimal.

• Like 3

Years ago, when discussing this topic, I believe DE said that Tennogen and frames/items purchased with cash/plat would not be usable cross-platform and only be available on the platform where it was purchased. I hope this situation has changed in the time since.

• Like 3

il y a 31 minutes, (NSW)Killdacorpus a dit :

Please make it so our data will MERGE. Like say if we have the Loki Prime and an Esteem frame there, and we have a save on PC with Railjack and a lot of primes, let us merge them into one unified account where we will be able to CHOOSE our user based on the names (Like with your acc name for Switch and PC, Let us pick which alias we can have)

-Grinding time
-Our effort

Merge is not possible and won't be a possibility.

They certainly don't want people to grind on multiple platform to merge all their goods in one place.

And probably the most important part, they don't want people to buy/sell account for merges, or worse, merge stolen accounts.

It'll either be a total override of one platform's data, or just like Destiny, will let you choose which save to replicate to other platform, thus disabling these platforms' original data untill you disable cross-save.

But merging will for sure not be a possibility, else account selling would explode, especially the ones containing limited-exclusive content (founders),  skins (as of PS4, obsidian skins) or big endgame accounts, and choosing what to transfer or not with all the checkpoints to pass (player wants to merge this and this, does he have enough slots ?)

• Like 3

So, I can delete these from my profile?

unknown.png

unknown.png

Spoiler

For more information: look in this thread:

Or in one of the few other threads you can find all over the forum:

• Like 1

I love that this feature is coming, with Nintendo keeping my account hostage, I am craving to go back to PC for some sweet frames and high resolutions.

The thing I am most curious about is how Plat purchases will work (and change?) in the future, and especially Tennogen. Anyone got insight into that?

When migrating my PC account to Switch at launch, I made a LOT of plat selling rare surplus mods I had accumulated. It was a real windfall I am still reaping the benefits of. I bought a lot of Tennogen with that plat, something I wouldn't be able to do on PC, where they aren't available for plat IIRC.

I feel the technical side is almost trivial to the logistical challenge. Hats off to the team working on this!

Edited by (NSW)Kaffeebohnson

Just after the cross-save reveal I went straight to the forums to check if someone was talking about something that made me think.

what about tennogen?

as far as I know in consoles all tennogen items cost plat not real money, so whats gonna happen?

can I go into xbox or switch just to buy tennogen and then go back to pc?

or are they gonna cost real money instead of platinum now? if so what are going to do with the people that already bought those items with plat?

Ik cross-save and cross-play are still in development but I would like more info about this specific topic

btw sorry for my bad english, it aint my first language so sorry if I my grammar is bad

• Like 1

2 hours ago, (PSN)Ze_LoBoToMiZeUr said:

They certainly don't want people to grind on multiple platform to merge all their goods in one place.

And probably the most important part, they don't want people to buy/sell account for merges, or worse, merge stolen accounts.

It'll either be a total override of one platform's data, or just like Destiny, will let you choose which save to replicate to other platform, thus disabling these platforms' original data untill you disable cross-save.

But merging will for sure not be a possibility, else account selling would explode, especially the ones containing limited-exclusive content (founders),  skins (as of PS4, obsidian skins) or big endgame accounts, and choosing what to transfer or not with all the checkpoints to pass (player wants to merge this and this, does he have enough slots ?)

Other well-known games that went cross-play have offered account merging (Most notably Fortnite who also has the issue of rare items and account scalping), I'm sure Warframe could pull it off.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, xcrimsonlegendx said:

Other well-known games that went cross-play have offered account merging (Most notably Fortnite who also has the issue of rare items and account scalping), I'm sure Warframe could pull it off.

I agree. Even if I have to pay DE a bit to make it work, I think its worth it.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, (NSW)Killdacorpus said:

-Grinding time
-Our effort

4 hours ago, (PSN)Ze_LoBoToMiZeUr said:

I would really want news on this. I switched to PC and focused all my Twitch stuff and bought plat but I have so much I left behind on Switch.... It sucks that I used money because I thought this feature would never come.... did I waste time and money on my PC account? Isn't there a way to verify owner of the account for a long time so that account selling would not be a problem?

Because of nothing on this I truly don't know what to do right now. I am afraid to play on my PC account if nothing will matter if I choose Switch as Master. But I left Switch and all the new stuff is on PC. Do I play on the Switch until this feature comes out? I just need to know where to spend my time so not everything goes to waste.

Edited by mrEkli
Added Current Troubles.
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, mrEkli said:

I would really want news on this.

There are lots of us that feel the same way. I'm sure DE will make decisions about it. It is likely that they will tell us  "SOON™️"... at the same time as they begin releasing cross-play.

For now, if you are worried, don't spend any money. For me personally, I put much more time and energy into my ps4 warframe account and right now I'm pretty sure I would prioritize my PC game above all.

I hope account amalgamation will be an option, but I'm emotionally prepping myself for both outcomes.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LillyRaccune said:

There are lots of us that feel the same way. I'm sure DE will make decisions about it. It is likely that they will tell us  "SOON™️"... at the same time as they begin releasing cross-play.

For now, if you are worried, don't spend any money. For me personally, I put much more time and energy into my ps4 warframe account and right now I'm pretty sure I would prioritize my PC game above all.

I hope account amalgamation will be an option, but I'm emotionally prepping myself for both outcomes.

I've linked my Twitch account back to my Switch and I'll just focus my grind there. I have done so much more there. I am working on being okay with losing everything I spent and did on PC. Or possibly trade with myself but I don't think all the unique stuff I want to keep is even tradeable.

Il y a 10 heures, xcrimsonlegendx a dit :

Fortnite was a very-recent game where no content was as rare as Warframe's 8 years and couple months old content.

They also got rid of it for said reasons, and Fortnite was just a cosmetic fest, there was no Rivens, no tradeable ressources / premium money and stuff like that, I highly doubt they do a merge function that is only temporary because some people might have quit over this 8 years, whereas fortnite was only some years old.

afaik having multiple accounts and make them interact with eachother is prohibited, I don't see DE overriding this rule temporary with such content as of 2021.

We should just probably stop speculating about it, we only know it's coming, not when nor how.

Edited by (PSN)Ze_LoBoToMiZeUr
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, (PSN)Ze_LoBoToMiZeUr said:

We should just probably stop speculating about it, we only know it's coming, not when nor how.

The thing is I want to know where to spend my time. Do I flat out stop playing the game until this comes out? I don't think that's DE's ideal scenario.

I feel the best way to avoid a crazy need for numerous hotfixes when an update releases is to finally take advantage of test servers. Testers run the game through the ringer and find the worse bugs, DE fixes them, and then release a big update with way less bugs.

But this is coming from someone with very little programming/game developing knowledge so I don't know how feasible that is.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, TomCruisesSon said:

I feel the best way to avoid a crazy need for numerous hotfixes when an update releases is to finally take advantage of test servers. Testers run the game through the ringer and find the worse bugs, DE fixes them, and then release a big update with way less bugs.

But this is coming from someone with very little programming/game developing knowledge so I don't know how feasible that is.

You're going to need a very large pool of players to sample through the test servers in order to find bugs. And report them. There are some players who join the test server to see the new content just so they know how to prepare for it. I don't mind a test server I really wish DE does this more often. But it's going to be PC only since it's way easier to distribute and maintain.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, TomCruisesSon said:

It's feasible. Although I haven't worked QA on that many live service games (mostly campaign based), it's apparently they have test clusters: invite only and dev only ones. So they have testing environments but it's entirely possible to set up testing internally.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mrEkli said:

The thing is I want to know where to spend my time. Do I flat out stop playing the game until this comes out? I don't think that's DE's ideal scenario.

I'm in the same situation.

I'm going to transfer my account from pc to xbox, as my pc broke and I don't know how this cross save will be, I was even discouraged from playing on xbox until I have more ibformation  for fear that everything I do is just wasted time.

Edited by (XBOX)RodigoSilva
  • Like 1

hace 16 minutos, (XBOX)RodigoSilva dijo:

I'm in the same situation.

I'm going to transfer my account from pc to xbox, as my pc broke and I don't know how this cross save will be, I was even discouraged from playing on xbox for fear that everything I do is just wasted time.

Calm down, relax. That information will soon(tm) be revealed and even discussed on forums. From what it seems, the accounts will be centralized on a data store, and the login will restrieve your data from it, or similar. Meaning that your account will progress with you, wherever you go and whatever platform you use it. Thats what I got from the devstream. 

3 minutes ago, XzWasPzX said:

Calm down, relax. That information will soon(tm) be revealed and even discussed on forums. From what it seems, the accounts will be centralized on a data store, and the login will restrieve your data from it, or similar. Meaning that your account will progress with you, wherever you go and whatever platform you use it. Thats what I got from the devstream. 

These questions are being asked because those concerned have considered the options. Right now, the best course of action is just not playing.

hace 2 minutos, mrEkli dijo:

These questions are being asked because those concerned have considered the options. Right now, the best course of action is just not playing.

Sorry, I disagree, that has no sense at all xD

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, XzWasPzX said:

Sorry, I disagree, that has no sense at all xD

Why does it make no sense?

With no account merging:

Let's say you have a 1000 hr file on a console you had but it broke, you're on a different platform now, you play and grind on an account that'll be overwritten by a better account (the old one that you'll choose as the cross save main file) with more progress. That's all wasted away.