Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cross-Play & Cross-Save Megathread - The Soonening(TM)/Public Test Edition

Letter13

3 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

I can see reimbursement working for cosmetics since you can never use more than one and the ways to obtain them is limited. With frames and everything else it can get very messy since there are so many variables. Quest frames being a main issue since if you bought one you'd also have a free riven, but if you wanna get reimbursed for that bought frame since you got it from the quest on the other platform, then the riven should in reality be removed too. 

edit: If I was DE I'd simply say no and just motivate it with "you've willingly payed for and enjoyed those items during your time on the different platforms. If you wanna keep it as is, do not merge". And then hand out a fee for each dupe cosmetic and call it a day.

That removes the incentive to actually want to merge though.

Why would I want to merge my main account to my PC account if I'm just going to essentially lose all the progress and frames and weapons? Seems unrealistic to me. And what is wrong with a riven being transferred over? I'm not understanding why you're so against other players being compensated for the money they spent, tbh. 

9 minutes ago, Atsia said:

I don't know why DE would reimburse in plat, something they've never done. You're muhc more likely to just get the reactors/catalysts/forma spent.

Tbf, they've never done cross platform/saves either, so it's not really fair to say they won't just because they haven't before. 

Also they have a policy specifically for platinum refunds. If you buy an item accidentally, and don't use it, they will give you your platinum back. So the basis is there. 

Edited by Sanktai
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, VieniSu said:

This is all I can find so far on it, as far as I can tell there is a few points of discussion there.

That's something, although you'd have to create a separate pool for cross-platform plat and single-platform plat. That and the market correcting itself a bit actually would be of benefit.

My main issue is the rumour that Tennogen will be restricted to one platform. It's pricier than regular skins and doesn't have discounts, it does feel like a bit of a nerf for it to be limited to a single platform. 

1 hour ago, (NSW)Symberzite said:

That's something, although you'd have to create a separate pool for cross-platform plat and single-platform plat. That and the market correcting itself a bit actually would be of benefit.

I believe this is something that Dauntless does and they call their stuff Platinum too. LOL

Edited by (NSW)mrEkli

2 hours ago, (NSW)Symberzite said:

My main issue is the rumour that Tennogen will be restricted to one platform. It's pricier than regular skins and doesn't have discounts, it does feel like a bit of a nerf for it to be limited to a single platform. 

Sounds like they'll treat the plat issue like gifted plat or starter plat where it cant be traded. 

4 hours ago, Atsia said:

I don't know why DE would reimburse in plat, something they've never done. You're muhc more likely to just get the reactors/catalysts/forma spent.

Only way I'd see them doing a widespread plat reimbursement would be if they removed console-specific skins for whatever reason. I don't think that's likely, but it's the kind of scenario where it'd make sense. 

I think it's most likely going to be something as follows:

Duplicate Prime Access purchase->Not sure if DE can do this BUT if they can, allow players to decide whether or not they want to have 2 duplicate frames. If they don't/can't, free Frame+Loadout slots+# of forma from duplicate frame being removed.

Duplicate Prime Access Accessories Purchase->Deluxe/Immortal Skins+armor for frame from accessories pack. Gets complicated if said skin/armor is already owned by a player which is where a plat reimbursement makes more sense. Allows the player to decide what to do with it.

Either way, I'm sure they're going to figure it out in a manner that will make SOMEONE upset lol. It's impossible to please everyone.

I hope they release the cross-play option first so we can transfer all of our belongings to our main account we choose to keep once cross-save kicks in so we wont lose all of our progress and hopefully some of our currency. If they could have cross-play up for a month, I think that would be a perfect amount of time for everyone to get things passed over between accounts... that is, if everything goes smoothly.

Perhaps it depends on the policy for the accounts. If the individual platforms still holds the accounts, then they may still count the origin of the account. But if it isn't. then all the account should be shares the one pool. The problem on the latter part is, there would be conflicting names between each platforms.

• Like 1

Very unlikely due to exclusive gear, theres also an issue legally with console manufactures like sony who's very possessive about their accounts. 

DE themselves have never merged accounts in the past, if there was a new platform the migrated account was always a copy of the original.

Edited by (PSN)Shaun-T-Wilson
  • Like 3

29 minutes ago, (PSN)Shaun-T-Wilson said:

Very unlikely due to exclusive gear, theres also an issue legally with console manufactures like sony who's very possessive about their accounts. 

DE themselves have never merged accounts in the past, if there was a new platform the migrated account was always a copy of the original.

1e3801420311f2d7a74c8814272eaaa5.png

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Sanktai said:

That removes the incentive to actually want to merge though.

Why would I want to merge my main account to my PC account if I'm just going to essentially lose all the progress and frames and weapons? Seems unrealistic to me. And what is wrong with a riven being transferred over? I'm not understanding why you're so against other players being compensated for the money they spent, tbh. 

So you dont want access to cross-play and future cross-progression? Isnt that an incentive on its own? O.o

I'm not against compensation, I'm against people wanting extras, like keeping the cake and eating it. If you feel you want to get compensated for a dupe frame then obviously it getting removed should be no issue for you, since you dont want it. If you however want to keep that frame, then obviously you dont need to get compensated since you still see a usefulness in that dupe frame(s). The whole thing is just tricky to solve in a fair way due to all the outside circumstances like extra riven for normal quest frames and plat that's included in PA's etc.

Also I'm not sure if you failed to get my point regarding the riven. It isnt about rivens in general, it is about the specific rivens tied to buying quest frames and then doing the quest. Since if you want compensation for the frame you bought, then they should also remove the riven tied to it since you've no longer payed for that riven bonus. Things you feel you can still benefit from after the merge shouldnt be compensated for. And the riven thing is very tricky since it has likely been sold or it is rerolled and in use. What if someone has earned say 10k plat on a riven gotten that way, should they really get compensated for the frame they bought for roughly 300p, that they've also used for an extensive time?

edit: In short it should work as if they do a manual refund for an accidental purchase. Where you get to keep nothing of what you bought.

Edited by SneakyErvin

I'm still wondering how trading is gonna work.  I'll create a mobile account just for log in coupons if everyone is gonna be able to trade.  There's no way platinum has equal value across all platforms and I'm not getting shafted in my value because my coupons are good for 1 item in the store.

The idea of cross-platform is really amazing, i've always wanted to play with my friends from other consoles and i finally get the chance soon, however it got me wandering if it will be practical.

Let's be honest, since warframe was released there has never been a update that hasn't come out half broken and buggy, therefore PC tends to get the updates first and we act as the bug testers for the update and then it followed through with atleast 2 hotfixes per update. Which brings the question, who will be the bug testers once warframe becomes cross platform? crossplatform means that all platforms will need to get the updates exact same time.

This will mean the updates will take even longer to release, and even longer to release the bug fixes for it. So unless DE really puts their foot down on their bugs and release perfect updates with virtually 0 bugs (which is near impossible) the bugs will be aweful across all platforms and the bug testing will be even more tedious.

Its great and it seems to be happening no matter what, but with DEs horrible reputation of bug riddled updates (railjack on release), this seems like a step back in terms of releasing less buggy updates