Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cross-Play & Cross-Save Megathread - The Soonening(TM)/Public Test Edition

Letter13

1 hour ago, dragonborn0998 said:

The idea of cross-platform is really amazing, i've always wanted to play with my friends from other consoles and i finally get the chance soon, however it got me wandering if it will be practical.

Let's be honest, since warframe was released there has never been a update that hasn't come out half broken and buggy, therefore PC tends to get the updates first and we act as the bug testers for the update and then it followed through with atleast 2 hotfixes per update. Which brings the question, who will be the bug testers once warframe becomes cross platform? crossplatform means that all platforms will need to get the updates exact same time.

This will mean the updates will take even longer to release, and even longer to release the bug fixes for it. So unless DE really puts their foot down on their bugs and release perfect updates with virtually 0 bugs (which is near impossible) the bugs will be aweful across all platforms and the bug testing will be even more tedious.

Its great and it seems to be happening no matter what, but with DEs horrible reputation of bug riddled updates (railjack on release), this seems like a step back in terms of releasing less buggy updates

They release buggy updates because they throw testing out to the PC crowd. This will force them to bring it more in-house. If they don't, they'll just release buggy releases with long times between bug fixes and who will actually stay playing? People will just leave. I doubt that's what DE wants. Good in-house QA is essential.

• Like 2

I started playing on PS4 several years ago. A couple of years later I then started over on PC, and I made it way further on that account. 

Because of some unfortunate events in 2020 I got evicted, and now only have acess to my Switch. But sometime later I hope to get my consoles and computer back up running when I'm back on my feet again.

Lately I've been itching to play Warframe again, though, especially with these great news about cross-platform features. 

But because they aren't implemented yet I'm hesitating to start a new save on my Switch. The main issue is the uncertainty if it's going to be a save transfer similar to how Bungie handled Destiny 2, or if we'll be able to merge progress and items from multiple accounts. I'm hoping for the latter, but I'm thinking the first is a more likely scenario. 

I doubt I would play so much to get further than my PC account before the cross-platform features are implemented. So with no confirmation it feels like a waste of time to even start again, even though I'm itching to get back in right now. 

How would you handle my situation? 

2 hours ago, ToxicAntidote said:

I started playing on PS4 several years ago. A couple of years later I then started over on PC, and I made it way further on that account. 

Because of some unfortunate events in 2020 I got evicted, and now only have acess to my Switch. But sometime later I hope to get my consoles and computer back up running when I'm back on my feet again.

Lately I've been itching to play Warframe again, though, especially with these great news about cross-platform features. 

But because they aren't implemented yet I'm hesitating to start a new save on my Switch. The main issue is the uncertainty if it's going to be a save transfer similar to how Bungie handled Destiny 2, or if we'll be able to merge progress and items from multiple accounts. I'm hoping for the latter, but I'm thinking the first is a more likely scenario. 

I doubt I would play so much to get further than my PC account before the cross-platform features are implemented. So with no confirmation it feels like a waste of time to even start again, even though I'm itching to get back in right now. 

How would you handle my situation? 

Play again but don't buy anything just in case, because this is maybe far from being implemented

My main question as a Clan and Alliance Owner on Multiple platforms - XB Switch and PC. What is going to happen to all my members?

I would love to see these all merge into a dojo of my choice where we can all be. Then the bigger question is will we get refunds on dojos we have consumed? Then we can use those resources to build out our now merged dojo.

Also clearly other changes to clans and dojos would be amazing, like more ranks, more tools. Possibly the ability to have a clan rank for vacation / inactives that want to stay but are not playing.

Clan Warlords do you have the same questions?

I personally would love the ability to build my clan and give the members the ability to run from any platform they wish. I know my dojo decorators would love PC accuracy, while my members that hate PC can play on console or switch or mobile. 

Really looking forward to this all if Clans and Alliances are handled well. Prob going to shed a tear if they are not as we have so much invested. 

I extend my ability to give feedback on this topic as one of the larger / more active clans on xbox that is somewhat concerned about the transition. 

I thought I'd throw my hat in the ring on this too, regarding accounts merging.

Someone else's (Currently) brief thread asking about this;

& my post on that thread, as a quicker reference:

On 2021-07-21 at 10:54 AM, (NSW)Gamer-Steve said:

Hm, if accounts were to be merged, then I was wondering if it might first take all of the currencies you have (Plat, Ducats, Credits, all resources, etc.) from each account & add them together, then check which account has progressed the furthest into the start chart / Quest completion, and make sure that the newly-merged account retains the highest amount of progress. Sorta similar to how Valence Fusion provides the highest of two different things. But then there's the overall inventory, Codex and Mastery as well, so those're more to check for.

• Of course that's just an idea, hopefully we'll know more in the near future. Maybe when NW comes in August, other info will too.

Although I couldn't quite imagine how to code such a thing yet.

Food for thought I suppose.

18 hours ago, (XBOX)BURZYCKI said:

Also clearly other changes to clans and dojos would be amazing, like more ranks, more tools. Possibly the ability to have a clan rank for vacation / inactives that want to stay but are not playing.

In my PS4 clan we manually assigned a vacation rank and we also use it for players that are on probation. Why would we need more ranks to accomplish what we already have?

You have a good question about clans over multiple platforms. Something tells me players will be free to attach themselves to a different clan on each different platform (the way Destiny does). Part of me wants to just have a single clan unified over all platforms. We'll just have to see how DE handles the situation.

3 hours ago, LillyRaccune said:

In my PS4 clan we manually assigned a vacation rank and we also use it for players that are on probation. Why would we need more ranks to accomplish what we already have?

You have a good question about clans over multiple platforms. Something tells me players will be free to attach themselves to a different clan on each different platform (the way Destiny does). Part of me wants to just have a single clan unified over all platforms. We'll just have to see how DE handles the situation.

We have multiple ranks - I also have admin ranks setup for those that do not than just leveling players. I could redo my rank structure, but I really would like additional ranks to break out some members with more access, mainly dojo decorators that might also be able to fill items (trust issues with access to the clan vault) and more granular roles can help to eliminate or reduce issues. 

This is our current rank structure - https://www.razor7.org/join/ranks/

Vacation is not represented there so I am out of normal ranks / roles

I would also like to see the ability for some ranks to show up in chat in different colors, mainly for mods, but this would need to be a toggle option as some clans I am sure wish for those members to remain hidden to manage enforcement the way they feel they want too.

On 2021-07-26 at 11:29 PM, (XBOX)BURZYCKI said:

My main question as a Clan and Alliance Owner on Multiple platforms - XB Switch and PC. What is going to happen to all my members?

I would love to see these all merge into a dojo of my choice where we can all be. Then the bigger question is will we get refunds on dojos we have consumed? Then we can use those resources to build out our now merged dojo.

Clan Warlords do you have the same questions?

I personally would love the ability to build my clan and give the members the ability to run from any platform they wish. I know my dojo decorators would love PC accuracy, while my members that hate PC can play on console or switch or mobile. 

Really looking forward to this all if Clans and Alliances are handled well. Prob going to shed a tear if they are not as we have so much invested. 

I extend my ability to give feedback on this topic as one of the larger / more active clans on xbox that is somewhat concerned about the transition. 

Merging accounts wouldn't be that hard of a task more of an annoyance, but most likely if they do go on the route of merging accounts, a loop will be run to check certain tasks, for example riven total between the accounts have to be equal or less than 90, both cant be in a clan, etc..  and if any of these come back false it wouldn't allow you to merge accounts until the player adjust to those demands.

For being apart of a clan, cross-save will just allow you to pick up your progress on one platform and continue on another, so being apart of a clan will stay

Cross-play being between the switch and phone will be unique if they host....

1_641.png

To steves tweet, if the goal of to have one trade market between all platforms, making platinum non tradeable is and will be completely pointless, ill just trade platinum to my account before i merge or clean plat through friends....but I don't see them keeping markets alone to each platform, for example if a pc player is playing with a xbox friend and wants to give them a fragor handle that won't be allowed due to different markets. If they do infact keep the markets seperate, and make cross-save/merging platinum non-tradeable that kills the point of cross-progression, players wanting to play on the switch for a couple of hours will less likely spend money buying plat if it gets locked switching platforms. But i don't see this likely. 

Tennogen shi

If DE doesn't like the idea of pc players going to console to buy tennogen with plat and then going back to pc, they will need to change the shop to work like pc's shop, doubtful, easier method is just completely removing the purchase option on the console, still allow the preview, allow to be bought on a wf site, and will be sent as a gift...

I think i covered mostly everything...I've been waiting 4 years for cross-save, dont want to wait another 4....

Edited by iWazReloadin
non of yo buiznezz

48 minutes ago, iWazReloadin said:

making platinum non tradeable is and will be completely pointless, ill just trade platinum to my account before i merge....

Same.

49 minutes ago, iWazReloadin said:

If DE doesn't like the idea of pc players going to console to buy tennogen with plat and then going back to pc

I hope DE relaxes and just lets it happen.

But it sounds a lot like merging is going to be available. I just hope there is more advantages than disadvantages. Worst case scenario, merging is not grofitable, I trade or gift things to my favourite profile, DE flags both my accounts for suspicious behaviour, and I lose everything. But that is the worst scenario.

I watched the Stream and saw them fire up Warframe on the phone, that spun me out, how the hell do you play on such a small screen, I have 27" PC monitor and find that is adequate, a phone screen I wouldn't be able to see, imagine riding home on a train and playing warframe on the phone and suddenly get lost in your game, I'd be too vocal and upset the other passengers screaming take that, gotcha, awe shucks you missed, NOOOOOOOOOOO I died lol.

The crossplay looks interesting, especially for the ones who have screamed from the rooftops for years wanting it and finally get their dreams come true.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, iWazReloadin said:

Merging accounts wouldn't be that hard of a task more of an annoyance, but most likely if they do go on the route of merging accounts, a loop will be run to check certain tasks, for example riven total between the accounts have to be equal or less than 90, both cant be in a clan, etc..  and if any of these come back false it wouldn't allow you to merge accounts until the player adjust to those demands.

For being apart of a clan, cross-save will just allow you to pick up your progress on one platform and continue on another, so being apart of a clan will stay

Cross-play being between the switch and phone will be unique if they host....

1_641.png

To steves tweet, if the goal of to have one trade market between all platforms, making platinum non tradeable is and will be completely pointless, ill just trade platinum to my account before i merge....but I don't see them keeping markets alone to each platform, for example if a pc player is playing with a xbox friend and wants to give them a fragor handle that won't be allowed due to different markets. If they do infact keep the markets seperate, and make cross-save/merging platinum non-tradeable that kills the point of cross-progression, players wanting to play on the switch for a couple of hours will less likely spend money buying plat if it gets locked switching platforms. But i don't see this likely. 

Tennogen shi

If DE doesn't like the idea of pc players going to console to buy tennogen with plat and then going back to pc, they will need to change the shop to work like pc's shop, doubtful, easier method is just completely removing the purchase option on the console, still allow the preview, allow to be bought on a wf site, and will be sent as a gift...

I think i covered mostly everything...I've been waiting 4 years for cross-save, dont want to wait another 4....

Trading platinum between accounts you own can result in a ban, and trades for significant sums of platinum with very little in return are investigated.

Those are some fair points. I'd imagine that based on what [DE]Steve said, merged platinum (All platinum your different accounts have prior to Crossplay) will be untradeable. But all platinum purchased or received going forward post-Crossplay will be tradable.

• For those players (Myself included) who only have a single account might not be affected by this since there's no other platinum to merge into or from, but that's just my guess.

• An important question I'd have for the Devs, when that time comes: Will there be a way for the UI to show both "wallets" of platinum that you have on-hover? So that you can see your gifted / merged, or otherwise untradeable amount of platinum, and below that will show your separate, tradeable platinum?

This ^ would clarify your platinum reserves, so that it doesn't just lump them all into one total group.

As an example;
      You have 3,000 total platinum. When you mouse over that amount on-screen;

- 500 platinum (Untradeable, market-only)
      - 2,500 platinum (Tradeable)

I just feel that it'll help provide some information to the player so that they know how much platinum they have left to spend in the market vs trading with others. An in-game tool-tip explaining this change would really help as well!

I'm hoping that there'll be an opportunity to answer plenty of questions like this in the near future.

• Like 1

I have no issue with untradable plat as my other accounts have minimal plat and I would just use it to buy stuff for clanmates etc anyway.

I def see an issue trading plat to my other accts as that could easily result in a ba of all my account and that seems like a bad life choice for me. That said the ability to merge all accounts, then play anywhere and have all my clans merged, hopefully the liquidated clans would turn into resources I could use in my clan I pick as my main clan would be the best possible outcome in my book. 

• Like 1

Sorry i did not know where to put this topic so if its in the wrong place i will gladly take a warning

But with cross-save announced 1 thing has really been on my mind, will everything transfer, and when i say everything i dont mean resources or frames

i mean like tennogen stuff, or even other console exclusives,

example if i bring my pc account to xbox will i be able to equip my tennogen stuff

or if i bring a console account to pc will i be able to equip console exclusives on pc?

i know this isnt a big focus of the dev team, and its not really a needed feature, and i really wouldnt mind it but maybe some players would,

not sure how the community would feel about this, in my opinion its just cosmetics and doesnt affect the game

• Like 3

On 2021-07-28 at 2:03 PM, (NSW)Gamer-Steve said:

Those are some fair points. I'd imagine that based on what [DE]Steve said, merged platinum (All platinum your different accounts have prior to Crossplay) will be untradeable. But all platinum purchased or received going forward post-Crossplay will be tradable.

• For those players (Myself included) who only have a single account might not be affected by this since there's no other platinum to merge into or from, but that's just my guess.

• An important question I'd have for the Devs, when that time comes: Will there be a way for the UI to show both "wallets" of platinum that you have on-hover? So that you can see your gifted / merged, or otherwise untradeable amount of platinum, and below that will show your separate, tradeable platinum?

This ^ would clarify your platinum reserves, so that it doesn't just lump them all into one total group.

As an example;
      You have 3,000 total platinum. When you mouse over that amount on-screen;

- 500 platinum (Untradeable, market-only)
      - 2,500 platinum (Tradeable)

I just feel that it'll help provide some information to the player so that they know how much platinum they have left to spend in the market vs trading with others. An in-game tool-tip explaining this change would really help as well!

I'm hoping that there'll be an opportunity to answer plenty of questions like this in the near future.

Makes me wonder about those players who live in huts in the trade chat and boast hundreds of thousands of plat.

28 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

Makes me wonder about those players who live in huts in the trade chat and boast hundreds of thousands of plat.

Same here, sometimes. I'm usually not comfortable spending more than 150pl in a single trade, maybe up to 250pl depending on what the situation calls for. I just prefer to save my plat for when I really need it, and not overspend on stuff in a short time. So it kinda astounds me whenever I see much larger amounts of platinum being offered or asked for certain things such as;

• Mag Prime sets (I think I saw 2.4k plat being offered for that).

• Individual Loki part blueprints (I saw 1.6k platinum was offered recently for just his Systems), granted he & Mag are still vaulted, so that's probably the main reason I suppose. Still feels like some huge amounts to me though.

• A Kuva Shildeg riven being sold for 1k or more platinum, yet didn't seem quite as great stat-wise compared to one of my own rivens (Which I don't plan on selling, since it really helps), but I think that'd depend on the build & be a matter of preference. Or maybe they put a lot of work into the riven, and need the plat?

• Not intending to get off-topic too much, but this was my own riven; It didn't occur to me about screenshotting their Shildeg riven though.
      Spoiler

IMG_20210307_204900468.jpg?width=821&hei

I've got a build for that which goes above 100% status, as long as the riven stays above 51% status chance. I was really glad when i finally rolled that, since I've been thinking about the build for a long time. It seems to work just as well as I expected, so it was worth the wait!

The Shildeg riven was more crit-focused, with a bit of range if I recall correctly. It could be worth 1k plat to someone perhaps :)

• If all the different platform chats became one simultaneous group per area or region, etc. (Maybe with some platform-specific symbols next to their name in the profile?), then there'd be a lot more offers happening in Trade chat every day and night for sure.

It kinda makes me wonder how any ways there are to receive tradeable platinum after crossplay comes. I recall at one point that gifted platinum (Like from Twitch streams) cannot be traded, but I dunno if that includes a gifted Prime Access' plat or not.

• For those with merged plat reserves, I imagine they'd have to resort to buying more platinum or offer some of their things to re-build their tradeable reserves again, which would probably take a fair while. To be honest whenever I go on trade chat lately on the Switch, I just see hardly anything besides the same exact offers being repeated for hours at a time, both buyers and sellers (Mostly sellers).

Possibly due to the high asking price of sellers and whatever a buyer is offering in return, or what if by some chance the odds that no one in trade chat has a particular thing, so they physically couldn't trade that thing; That thought crossed my mind last night, in any case.

But those are just some of my thoughts on all that, & how it might be after crossplay. But for now there's still no way to know for certain.

I need to know what kind of Mobile Device will be able to play Warframe. Depending on the price and just how much my country wants to rob me of my money with taxes, it would be far more easy to buy a PS5.

No, I S#&$ you not.

Currently I have a question about the whole cross-saving part. If I have purchased platinum or prime items such as Prime Vault Accessories pack, have aplenty of twitch drops and prime gaming drops claimed but have not relogged into the game for a long time to claim the items.
(For reference: I have bought the Initiate Pack while it was 50% off and Ember Prime Vault Accessory pack, back when Ember Prime & Frost Prime was unvaluted.)

Then say, I go to another gaming platform (From PS4 to PC for example) will I still have the items awaiting on my account or will I have to relog into my PS4 Account first to claim before I undergo what would be the process to enable cross-saving/cross-platform on my Account?

To DE:
I understand you have lots of moving parts to settle with before unveiling the big Cross-platforming & Cross-saving upon this game, but I can't wait to see how it is once you unveil it. Like undergoing a Steel Path survival mission to unveil a super difficult riven challenge. :satisfied:

• Like 1

16 hours ago, (PSN)JayboiXIII said:

Currently I have a question about the whole cross-saving part. If I have purchased platinum or prime items such as Prime Vault Accessories pack, have aplenty of twitch drops and prime gaming drops claimed but have not relogged into the game for a long time to claim the items.
(For reference: I have bought the Initiate Pack while it was 50% off and Ember Prime Vault Accessory pack, back when Ember Prime & Frost Prime was unvaluted.)

Then say, I go to another gaming platform (From PS4 to PC for example) will I still have the items awaiting on my account or will I have to relog into my PS4 Account first to claim before I undergo what would be the process to enable cross-saving/cross-platform on my Account?

To DE:
I understand you have lots of moving parts to settle with before unveiling the big Cross-platforming & Cross-saving upon this game, but I can't wait to see how it is once you unveil it. Like undergoing a Steel Path survival mission to unveil a super difficult riven challenge. :satisfied:

Hopefully DE reads this post to try to get their heads around all the questions before roll out, because if there is anyone that can raise and sense all the issues, it seems to be us players. Especially the ones that have been around and through many of the major changes in the game.  

On 2021-07-29 at 5:30 PM, Psyender_naut said:

Sorry i did not know where to put this topic so if its in the wrong place i will gladly take a warning

But with cross-save announced 1 thing has really been on my mind, will everything transfer, and when i say everything i dont mean resources or frames

i mean like tennogen stuff, or even other console exclusives,

example if i bring my pc account to xbox will i be able to equip my tennogen stuff

or if i bring a console account to pc will i be able to equip console exclusives on pc?

i know this isnt a big focus of the dev team, and its not really a needed feature, and i really wouldnt mind it but maybe some players would,

not sure how the community would feel about this, in my opinion its just cosmetics and doesnt affect the game

No worries! You're in the right place. I am also wondering about this, not just for console exclusive items, but also weird Steam/PC exclusive items. An example is the Rubido Skins and Phased Skins, they are "Steam Market" items that can be traded via Steam but not tradeable in-game.

4ovJ66u.png

• Like 2

I really am curious how cross-play affects future Operations as well. During Orphix Venom for example, console players could not reach the same scores as PC due to hardware limitations and a lower cap on sentient spawns (contributing to this lower score threshold).

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Voltage said:

I really am curious how cross-play affects future Operations as well. During Orphix Venom for example, console players could not reach the same scores as PC due to hardware limitations and a lower cap on sentient spawns (contributing to this lower score threshold).

I am curious also, but I assume that DE will cap operation spawns at the capacity of the slowest system, the switch I would think.