Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Teshin Gameplay is how Warframe Gameplay supposed to be.

Rayzenfloss

1 hour ago, (PSN)GingyGreen said:

When's the last time you saw 50 odd enemies in that Sentient tile?

Game used to be much closer to that Teshin gameplay. But it got dumbed down more and more.

Or games just expand and innovate, change and grow, because this isn't 1995 where we're all happy with super Mario because we didn't have anything else.

13 hours ago, (PSN)FK2P said:

I mean I don’t want to scare you or anything but, in some games, you can actually fail a mission if you, for instance, decide to run into a bunch of enemies while reloading, or when an enemy throws a grenade at you and instead of running away, you just stand there drooling. This is called gameplay.

🤔  I was just thinking, and was mildly curious about how you think I approach Warframe. Is there some sort of assumption you’re working off of?

19 hours ago, (PSN)FK2P said:

Enemies need more weight to them, we need to consistently be downed in regular missions from making mistakes, if you get cornered you should be punished like in destiny. The game is dull because your fighting paper enemies. They’re so weak that you barely notice the difference between them, shield enemy? One shot, boring

Must warframe be the same like every game out there? I don't think there's any game out there that lets you being a god wiping enemies while taking barely any damage and warframe has the success from being that so what is the reason we have to step away from that model just to appease those who want to be consistently be downed?

8 hours ago, (PSN)DoctorWho_90250 said:

At the same time, in Destiny 2 we still have abilities that allow us to kill or become better at killing alongside our super abilities.

Which is not how the base of warframe built on. Warframe is based on energy reserve while destiny has cooldown. You want cooldown based ability? You can try Lavos and tell me how do you like cooldown based gameplay in warframe. Maybe Lavos will be your new main

7 hours ago, Redthirst said:

Yeah, the game is much more balanced that way.

Is it though?

7 hours ago, Redthirst said:

That is true, but Warframe could cut all the frames and it'll still be broken. The difference is that Bungie has a very good system that lets them change the relative power of both players and enemies, so they can actually make challenging content, but DE doesn't really have anything like that.

Is it though? Considering how often people complain the thing you have is power grinding on every season, not to mention gating content through power level grinding and pinnacle nonsense where RNG decides if you're hardcore enough in grinding just to play a part of content that is "made for 1%"

Also, the balance itself isn't that balanced as you said. More often than not the "balance" is making you under leveled to make it "harder" so I don't think so

7 hours ago, Dreddgrave said:

This, Warframe doesn't even have a baseline for balance. It's just been half a decade of power creep with band-aids put over the ruptures.

If we're talking true game balance the game needs open-heart surgery levels of changes to be competent.

You want massive nerfs? Because that's how you get massive nerfs

36 minutes ago, TheArmchairThinker said:

Which is not how the base of warframe built on. Warframe is based on energy reserve while destiny has cooldown. You want cooldown based ability? You can try Lavos and tell me how do you like cooldown based gameplay in warframe. Maybe Lavos will be your new main

😆🤣😆😆

At no point did I say Destiny 2 should be like Warframe, or that Warframe doesn't have a frame with cooldowns. You completely missed the point.

25 minutes ago, TheArmchairThinker said:

You want massive nerfs?

Yes, of course. Across the board, systems-level nerfs. Massive nerfs. Nerf the player, nerf the enemies, nerf it all. Once everything is happily nerfed into the dirt where its equal we can finally have some consistency and from there interesting gameplay.

Ever wonder why DE keeps having to design content that throws away all of the gear you own? Like how in TSD the final segment with you escaping Lua and fighting Stalker yeets all of your equipment into space and makes you use the same Operator and Void Beam as everyone else? Or how in TWW all of your equipment is left behind for your jaunt through the mountain pass and your fight with the Maw? Or how you're forced to use your Operator and Void Beam to fight the Kuva Guardians? Or how the Nihil fight makes use of exactly *none* of the equipment you've earned? Or how the Exploiter fight is built in such a way that your gear doesn't really matter? Or how the 30 minute New War gameplay trailer doesn't show a single second of Warframe-based gameplay as it throws everything you've ever owned away because they have to in order to give you the experience they intend?

Turns out that being so absurdly overpowered that nothing interesting ever happens or ever will... might be kind of boring. Maybe you don't see many games doing this because it doesn't result in good gameplay and makes further development harder? 🤔

3 minutes ago, PublikDomain said:

Yes, of course. Across the board, systems-level nerfs. Massive nerfs. Nerf the player, nerf the enemies, nerf it all. Once everything is happily nerfed into the dirt where its equal we can finally have some consistency and from there interesting gameplay.

Ever wonder why DE keeps having to design content that throws away all of the gear you own? Like how in TSD the final segment with you escaping Lua and fighting Stalker yeets all of your equipment into space and makes you use the same Operator and Void Beam as everyone else? Or how in TWW all of your equipment is left behind for your jaunt through the mountain pass and your fight with the Maw? Or how you're forced to use your Operator and Void Beam to fight the Kuva Guardians? Or how the Nihil fight makes use of exactly *none* of the equipment you've earned? Or how the Exploiter fight is built in such a way that your gear doesn't really matter? Or how the 30 minute New War gameplay trailer doesn't show a single second of Warframe-based gameplay as it throws everything you've ever owned away because they have to in order to give you the experience they intend?

Turns out that being so absurdly overpowered that nothing interesting ever happens or ever will... might be kind of boring. Maybe you don't see many games doing this because it doesn't result in good gameplay and makes further development harder? 🤔

If this was Reddit I'd give you an award. The entire game needs massive nerfs, on players, on weapons and on the modding system. There is no way of anything interesting happening when a player can casually one-shot a boss all the time.

19 minutes ago, TheArmchairThinker said:

You want massive nerfs? Because that's how you get massive nerfs

What nerfs? What can possibly even be nerfed anymore? Warframes are already useless besides tanks. Don't say nukers or DPS! They fall off the face of the Earth after level 80 and are relegated to sapping the gameplay out of XP farm nodes. Fun people, by the way- bringing Explosive Legerdemain to freaking Hydron. Guns are only comparable to melee if you get maxed Galvanized Lich gear and melee itself is-

Wait for it...

Boring as hell!!

No other game I've played has had such a massive identity crisis where it tries and fails to provide high-end players with something to, at the very least, kill time with. Let alone Warframe's thee or four attempts. I genuinely believe Warframe needs a real 2.0 from where we are. All conventional means of understanding the game are meaningless since all the weapons stats vary wildly regardless of MR or type, teamwork is utterly pointless and so far the best thing to do a week after even the biggest updates is wait another week for patches only to be burned out five days in. The Wiki is more necessary to understanding the game than making sure it's in your native language.

Gameplay has been so supplanted by grinding that anything else is completely forgotten about. Nightwave, grind Nora Coins. Liches, grind Mewmews. Steel Path. Grind Rubix Cubes. All in service of what? So you can do those things faster. So little content has been designed to be just fun that we more often than not get enemies that are just immune to all crowd control or abilities. Just kill them. Grind up the meat and kill some more. There is no gameplay, only grind.

I will never forgive Destiny 2 for the potential it's been firehose vomiting into the toilet with it's constant six foot thick pay-walls, sunsetting the only interesting expansions it had and being the only devs I wish would've stayed under Activision. How do you get more greedy after that, seriously?

At least it has functioning PvP and satisfying combat. Every weapon type fills a role and every subclass feels so different and is available pretty much immediately (no complements towards Destiny are dated past the release of Shadow Keep) Enemies, while filling similar roles across factions, actually play differently and react in reasonable ways in engagements. Events are interesting, varied and frequent. The loot system actually rewards you with LOOT not pieces of loot you need to craft for 12 hours and then another 24-72 hours. And then fill with XP for several hours...

The GUNS actually feel like GUNS! 

A pistol pops and is a reliable side arm.

A shotgun SLAMS pellets into soft bodies.

A sword cuts down everything it touches but is fleeting.

Oh yeah, and your powers don't suddenly stop working when a guy with a purple shield shows up, hell they might be better if your favorite flavor is also grape!

If anything I'd LOVE a nerf spree just so I can have remotely challenging gameplay again. A Nightmare, right? A game where you might want a healer to keep you alive instead just of being invisible. Where your choice of weapon has an actual impact on the situations you can deal with. A place where Bane mods might actually be useful, heck imagine if 97% of the gear mods weren't actual compost. A freaking stealth game where there's viable options other than genocide or invisibility. Ninja's play free, right?

If Warframe took the time to actually iron out a single thing it's done in the past eight years, maybe this thread wouldn't be here and this reply would be so long.

I'd very much be playing Destiny 2 if it didn't morally repulse me. High praise, I'm sure.

14 minutes ago, PublikDomain said:

I wanna marry you this rocks so hard

26 minutes ago, (XBOX)YoungGunn82 said:

Agreed. Also kill hitscan completely from the game. 

20 minutes ago, PublikDomain said:

No to both of these i rather have hitscan weapons stay and i do not want massive nerfs to everything i already find the game fun and i think it has interesting gameplay.

16 minutes ago, Dreddgrave said:

What nerfs? What can possibly even be nerfed anymore? Warframes are already useless besides tanks. Don't say nukers or DPS! They fall off the face of the Earth after level 80 and are relegated to sapping the gameplay out of XP farm nodes. Fun people, by the way- bringing Explosive Legerdemain to freaking Hydron. Guns are only comparable to melee if you get maxed Galvanized Lich gear and melee itself is-

Wait for it...

Boring as hell!!

No other game I've played has had such a massive identity crisis where it tries and fails to provide high-end players with something to, at the very least, kill time with. Let alone Warframe's thee or four attempts. I genuinely believe Warframe needs a real 2.0 from where we are. All conventional means of understanding the game are meaningless since all the weapons stats vary wildly regardless of MR or type, teamwork is utterly pointless and so far the best thing to do a week after even the biggest updates is wait another week for patches only to be burned out five days in. The Wiki is more necessary to understanding the game than making sure it's in your native language.

Gameplay has been so supplanted by grinding that anything else is completely forgotten about. Nightwave, grind Nora Coins. Liches, grind Mewmews. Steel Path. Grind Rubix Cubes. All in service of what? So you can do those things faster. So little content has been designed to be just fun that we more often than not get enemies that are just immune to all crowd control or abilities. Just kill them. Grind up the meat and kill some more. There is no gameplay, only grind.

I will never forgive Destiny 2 for the potential it's been firehose vomiting into the toilet with it's constant six foot thick pay-walls, sunsetting the only interesting expansions it had and being the only devs I wish would've stayed under Activision. How do you get more greedy after that, seriously?

At least it has functioning PvP and satisfying combat. Every weapon type fills a role and every subclass feels so different and is available pretty much immediately (no complements towards Destiny are dated past the release of Shadow Keep) Enemies, while filling similar roles across factions, actually play differently and react in reasonable ways in engagements. Events are interesting, varied and frequent. The loot system actually rewards you with LOOT not pieces of loot you need to craft for 12 hours and then another 24-72 hours. And then fill with XP for several hours...

The GUNS actually feel like GUNS! 

A pistol pops and is a reliable side arm.

A shotgun SLAMS pellets into soft bodies.

A sword cuts down everything it touches but is fleeting.

Oh yeah, and your powers don't suddenly stop working when a guy with a purple shield shows up, hell they might be better if your favorite flavor is also grape!

If anything I'd LOVE a nerf spree just so I can have remotely challenging gameplay again. A Nightmare, right? A game where you might want a healer to keep you alive instead just of being invisible. Where your choice of weapon has an actual impact on the situations you can deal with. A place where Bane mods might actually be useful, heck imagine if 97% of the gear mods weren't actual compost. A freaking stealth game where there's viable options other than genocide or invisibility. Ninja's play free, right?

If Warframe took the time to actually iron out a single thing it's done in the past eight years, maybe this thread wouldn't be here and this reply would be so long.

I'd very much be playing Destiny 2 if it didn't morally repulse me. High praise, I'm sure.

Can’t really agree as i find everything in warframe better than that game in every aspect except pvp and i don’t really like comparing these 2 games as they are very different from each other and i don’t find that game entertaining warframe is still fun and entertaining and as long they keep releasing new content i will be playing and enjoying it.

Just now, AlexMercer said:

Can’t really agree as i find everything in warframe better than that game in every aspect except pvp and i don’t really like comparing these 2 games as they are very different from each other and i don’t find that game entertaining warframe is still fun and entertaining and as long they keep releasing new content i will be playing and enjoying it.

I believe we're on opposite ends of the spectrum, playing the same game, and I'm absolutely cool with it. I play Warframe because the game can give consequences for not fighting and moving well and scratches that "Making a build" itch. It's nice to hear when others find their fun

i do not want massive nerfs to everything i already find the game fun and i think it has interesting gameplay.

And the game could be more fun and have more interesting gameplay if it were actually balanced. That means more viable guns, more viable Warframes, more viable builds, more room for mission variety, more interesting boss fights, and more interesting enemies. It means you can take your Hydroid and your Harpak into Steel Path and still be successful. It means Yareli's abilities can deal basic damage and that can be fine! It means your favorite gun, whatever it is, will be useful everywhere you go in the game. It means no weapon needs to be mastery fodder, and that every weapon you find or craft will be good. It means enemies don't need to rely on hidden damage resistances, it means bosses don't need invincibility phases. It means DE doesn't have to worry about Railjack not being able to support enough enemies to fill the map because fewer enemies need to be thrown at the player. It means the game's huge stockpile of interesting enemies can actually do their thing: Amalgams can do their special attacks, Stalker and the Acolytes can be threatening, Minima MOAs can actually be little landmines. It means the enemies can be more than scenery. It means the game can build on the mechanics it teaches you instead of being forced to throw them away. It means DE can create casual gameplay that makes you feel powerful and hardcore gameplay that makes you think and use your skills and they can actually appeal to both types of player at the same time! You don't want any of that? Give it time and you'll want it just as much as I do.

I only bring up Destiny 2 specifically because despite the differences people tend to at least infer that they scratch the same itch. I'd could talk about plethora other games that are in the same ballpark as D2. If anything I've come to realize that a lot of Warframe's "uniqueness" comes from it's fumbling of even basic mechanics. Warframe isn't special because it's unorthodox, it's people calling a clusterf-ck unorthodox.

Pretty much any other action RPG, MMORPG, MMO-styled shooter shares a universal language that is nullified in Warframe because the dictionary it uses is full of half-finished phrases and poorly planned prose. Sure, Warframe can be fun but after 4.5k hours (one-third of that dedicated specifically to standing around looking for trades) you can see the seems clearer than the sofa. What I want from a 2.0 is for this Frankenstein's monster of an experience to at least try and be consistent. OR rather that what is constant stops being the mediocrity.

6 minutes ago, PublikDomain said:

And the game could be more fun and have more interesting gameplay if it were actually balanced. That means more viable guns, more viable Warframes, more viable builds, more room for mission variety, more interesting boss fights, and more interesting enemies. It means you can take your Hydroid and your Harpak into Steel Path and still be successful. It means Yareli's abilities can deal basic damage and that can be fine! It means your favorite gun, whatever it is, will be useful everywhere you go in the game. It means no weapon needs to be mastery fodder, and that every weapon you find or craft will be good. It means enemies don't need to rely on hidden damage resistances, it means bosses don't need invincibility phases. It means DE doesn't have to worry about Railjack not being able to support enough enemies to fill the map because fewer enemies need to be thrown at the player. It means the game's huge stockpile of interesting enemies can actually do their thing: Amalgams can do their special attacks, Stalker and the Acolytes can be threatening, Minima MOAs can actually be little landmines. It means the enemies can be more than scenery. It means the game can build on the mechanics it teaches you instead of being forced to throw them away. It means DE can create casual gameplay that makes you feel powerful and hardcore gameplay that makes you think and use your skills and they can actually appeal to both types of player at the same time! You don't want any of that? Give it time and you'll want it just as much as I do.

Sorry i still don’t agree the way you make it sound is that we will feel weaker and i don’t care for that im ok with hardcore gameplay for those type of players that like it as long as it is optional and doesn’t have any exclusive stat items or cosmetics locked behind it.

41 minutes ago, AlexMercer said:

No to both of these i rather have hitscan weapons stay

Hitscan is a cop-out 100%. Us and enemies having it sucks. It can’t be dodged or anticipated by either us or the enemies. I hate it with a passion. Everything needs bullet travel. That’s the only way to make the playing field and gun play fair and balanced. hitscan requires NO skill and isn’t fair when we use it or the enemies. 

23 minutes ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

I believe we're on opposite ends of the spectrum, playing the same game, and I'm absolutely cool with it. I play Warframe because the game can give consequences for not fighting and moving well and scratches that "Making a build" itch. It's nice to hear when others find their fun

Thank you for the postive comment :) and im ok with other players wanting this game to be more challenging as long as it is not forced and it is optional.

9 minutes ago, AlexMercer said:

Sorry i still don’t agree the way you make it sound is that we will feel weaker and i don’t care for that im ok with hardcore gameplay for those type of players that like it as long as it is optional and doesn’t have any exclusive stat items or cosmetics locked behind it.

Then you aren't understanding me. Nerfing the player and nerfing the enemies means nothing much should change other than the number you see popping off the enemy. What's the difference between fighting an enemy with 1M EHP when you deal 2M DPS and fighting an enemy with 17k EHP when you deal 34k DPS? Nothing, it dies in the same 2 seconds  regardless. Nothing much changes about how fast you can kill an enemy, but lowering the number so more of your gear can get there means more of your gear can now work just as well.

13 minutes ago, (XBOX)YoungGunn82 said:

Hitscan is a cop-out 100%. Us and enemies having it sucks. It can’t be dodged or anticipated by either us or the enemies. I hate it with a passion. Everything needs bullet travel. That’s the only way to make the playing field and gun play fair and balanced. hitscan requires NO skill and isn’t fair when we use it or the enemies. 

Sorry don’t feel the same way as i don’t hate the hitscan the enemies has or care about the no skill part.

8 minutes ago, PublikDomain said:

Then you aren't understanding me. Nerfing the player and nerfing the enemies means nothing much should change other than the number you see popping off the enemy. What's the difference between fighting an enemy with 1M EHP when you deal 2M DPS and fighting an enemy with 17k EHP when you deal 34k DPS? Nothing, it dies in the same 2 seconds  regardless. Nothing much changes about how fast you can kill an enemy, but lowering the number so more of your gear can get there means more of your gear can now work just as well.

Would that also mean that i would be able to survive as much and take dmg as before like with what you said with the dmg just lower numbers for both but feeling the same power?

11 minutes ago, AlexMercer said:

Sorry don’t feel the same way as i don’t hate the hitscan the enemies has or care about the no skill part.

So you like to hold the button down and spin in a circle kill everything? Or get shot by the enemies regardless of how you anticipate the enemies movement or your own? 

I Dont Believe You Will Ferrell GIF

Archived