Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What worries me about warframe mobile

MouadSaqui

4 minutes ago, Eyn_Sof said:

Warframe is not that large actually, at least compared to mose other modern games (it's what 30-40 GB?).

Depends on what game you're comparing it too, and what system we're talking about.  I'm pretty sure 40GB is HUGE for some models of console.  But no, compared to the 338GB my install of Ark:  Survival Evolved takes (without any mods installed) then no I guess 40GB isn't that big.  Ark base game, plus all expansions, plus all the free DLC maps = a pretty big chunk of a 1TB hard drive.  OnO  If I used mods, it could get *really* silly, since some of those are a couple GB each and I know I've seen posts on their forums from people that start with "I'm having crashing problems, could someone help?  I have about 150 mods installed..."  >n<

49 minutes ago, Voltage said:

I believe the goal is to reach the mobile market which is extensive and lucrative for business/income.

I would expect that mobile players end up spending a fair bit more in the market for sheer difficulty of grinding on tiny screens lacking much needed buttons.

2 minutes ago, Eyn_Sof said:

Warframe is not that large actually, at least compared to mose other modern games (it's what 30-40 GB?).

22 GB on the Switch. My phone certainly won't take it, but I think most of the new ones will. All things considered, I think they've done pretty dang well keeping the size down.

• 4 weeks later...
On 2021-07-18 at 4:14 PM, ZeroX4 said:

I think bigger thing to be concern is how mobile players will perform in your squad

In most missions i dont see a problem

I start to see a problem when we will have more complex missions to do with a mobile player like eidolon hunting or future bosses

But on other hand i bet there will be ppl who will outperform pc/console players playing on their mobile

Guess time will tell

True. But isn't that true for every platform? There are newbies and pros everywhere.

Myself- A not so newbie not so pro Mobile Player 🙂

On 2021-07-18 at 12:24 PM, MouadSaqui said:

what worries me about warframe on mobile is the game size, and the download size of upcoming updates, Kinda like whats happening with genshin impact, content being added then removed later to save mobile players space, This in my opinion will be a huge struggle for DE.

what worries me is the new war and beyond, and how DE is gonna handle all those devices simultaneously, The last thing we want rightnow, is a device that constantly bottlenecking the game, I'm 100% sure we gonna see people scream "THE GAME IS TOO BIG".

Its really a challenge unless DE wants to sacrifice some of the quantity or quality of updates, any miscalculation could possibly result in more content delay, resulting the company not delivering what they promise, so i'm very skeptical here, I hope DE clarifies what it means for warframe to be on mobile in the future, bcs right now it seems like mobile as a gaming device is holding back a lot of other titles that decided to go where the money is...

Warframe is already on mobile i play on my iphone everyday at work...Geforce Now.

0gb install and you play like your on a highend gaming pc.

27 minutes ago, OneFlyingDog said:

Got alternative? Objective is lesser playtime and bring in profits.

I have played several games that feature  the "mission skip tickets" you mentioned. Some games use it as a premium exclusive item to save already-paying customers time, some use it as an everyday activity (included in daily login rewards, etc), one game I played used skip tickets as the exclusive way to farm exp and resources from a mission after you cleared it the first time.

I don't think Warframe should use skip tickets and I don't have any alternative. I just don't believe it would add to a "healthy relationship" between the game and the players. It would also effectively transform Warframe into a pay-to-win business model.

DE would be required to add random resource drops to missions. To set up a numerical gear-check system (total battle points, etc). It would almost eliminate the need to learn how to properly mod. Some players may even abuse the system to their own harm because of the similarities to a slot machine.

If I had a bunch of skip tickets, I would probably use them all to open as many relics as possible. 

It would "save time" but I think it would devalue the game play.

11 hours ago, TaricTheHealer said:

What are you even talking about. Warframe as it is works great on mobile.

Although English is not my native tongue, I am quite confident that what I have written is readable.

To answer your question. What I am talking about it what you have pointed out, 'Warframe as it is works great on mobile."

If you don't get it, you are not the recipient of my post.

12 hours ago, OneFlyingDog said:

The biggest concern should be the grind in WF. Will we (finally) be getting a “skip mission coupon” for plat?

Wait, why? Mission rewards are not that grea mostly(talking about regular missions, not alerts or other stuff) and at least in my experience you gather more stuff while in the mission.

11 hours ago, LillyRaccune said:

I don't think Warframe should use skip tickets and I don't have any alternative.

Thank you for your honesty.

I just don't believe it would add to a "healthy relationship" between the game and the players.

Neither is the current forced grind.

It would also effectively transform Warframe into a pay-to-win business model.

Not sure if we are on the same page on the "pay-to-win" definition. As what I understand, "pay-to-win" is a business model where the players who pay will have an advantage over those that do not.

Scenario 1, if you pay, you get to acquire Kuva Bramma. If you don't, you will never have a chance, because it will not be available to non-paying players.

Scenario 2, current DE model, if I do not farm, I merely buy my mod/weapons through trade. I can hear people saying you can't purchase XX from other Tennos. Do not underestimate the power of money and the people's creativity. The reason why so many "cheese" as the community puts it is due to people's creativity and in many cases can't be policed. Supposed I bought everything with next to zero effort, does that count as pay-to-win according to your definition? Suppose it does fit your definition, can you police it?

DE would be required to add random resource drops to missions. To set up a numerical gear-check system (total battle points, etc). It would almost eliminate the need to learn how to properly mod.

Do they have to? I used skipped mission tickets before, I don't get anything other more than what I am suppose to get. Some games, I even got lesser because of "skipping".

Some players may even abuse the system to their own harm because of the similarities to a slot machine.

"Harm" is already being done, it's the form that changed. As for slot machine, we're just substituting one currency for the next. Edit: There is something I am unsure of, that is the relic pack in the market, is it random like a loot-box(gambling) or is it like "pay-to-win" you can choose what relic you want to pay for.

If I had a bunch of skip tickets, I would probably use them all to open as many relics as possible.

That is one way of dealing with grinds, not saying it's correct or good.

It would "save time" but I think it would devalue the game play.

Game play has already being devalued, or to be more exact no value. Is the current game play serving it's original purpose or simply something to go through to achieve a certain outcome? As for the value of "time" it varies from person to person. To you it's something that "save time", to another it is "save money".

13 minutes ago, Eyn_Sof said:

Wait, why? Mission rewards are not that grea mostly(talking about regular missions, not alerts or other stuff) and at least in my experience you gather more stuff while in the mission.

Some people just want the mission rewards, they couldn't care less about gathering the stuff while in mission (I am sure you have heard about a 3 minute capture, how much did they loot?). Besides, it's up to DE to decide what to include or exclude in the rewards of the "skipped" mission.

As for why, mainly reducing grind when mobile is out.

Archived