Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

R.I.P. Deconstructor (Prime)

(PSN)BMWWOW

"....many years overlooked...." (said the DE rep)

... And so during those many years, the millions of people who play warframe Gave Purpose to this spectacularly boring sentinel whose actual purpose is tantamount to a sneeze amongst cannons (aka your other sentinels and pets).  It was The Players who found a way to make Deconstructor USEFUL for a change....

And DE killed that one HARD.  After years of blissful purpose, Deconstructor shall go back on the shelf and gather dust, because.... to put it as bluntly as possible... almost every other sentinel or pet is more useful.  Sorry, scanning an enemy cannot hold a candle to actual crowd control or damage dealing, etc.

Helios / Deconstructor.... you were more than Mastery Fodder for many years but that day is sadly gone.

At least DE made Pets simply stay alive.  Good thing that made me start using pets for a change.

#WorstNerfOfTheWholeGame

27 minutes ago, (PSN)Madurai-Prime said:

Sentinels were never useful where it mattered. Kavats and Doggies are the only useful pets. 

Relying on a little buff from a sentinel is kinda amateurish imo.

The words of someone who clearly never learned how to use Sentinels.... LMAO  🤣

6 minutes ago, (PSN)BMWWOW said:

Curious what fraction that would be....?

It doesn't really matter what the fraction is.  Helios is a tool with an obvious purpose.  If you care about that purpose, Helios will get you closer to the goal.  If you don't care about it, you use something else.  It's the same with Oxylus and Nautilus.

2 hours ago, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

Dunno what you're on about.

Deconstructor still getting good kills for me.

-I don't equip a melee weapon, so in the mission results screen those 30 melee kills (out of ~100 total); that's all Deconstructor doing work.

That is Not an insignificant number.

hes going about  not being able to use gladiator and other set mods

With as overkill as melee still is the Deconstructor stat stick was, in all honesty, rather pointless.

At least using Helios for it's indented purpose helps complete the Codex. You might not find that useful but when the game is as easy as it in (in part thanks to melee) it devolves into a collectathon and the Codex is one of the collectibles players have to complete.

5 minutes ago, trst said:

With as overkill as melee still is the Deconstructor stat stick was, in all honesty, rather pointless.

At least using Helios for it's indented purpose helps complete the Codex. You might not find that useful but when the game is as easy as it in (in part thanks to melee) it devolves into a collectathon and the Codex is one of the collectibles players have to complete.

Plus if you want to test things in the Simulacrum, and have a complete set of enemies, you can't do it without Helios*. 

*Unless you want to do the tedious task of using a scanner manually for every freaking thing in the game... 

So scanning is more important than just for being a collector or seeing weaknesses someone else already discovered for you and put on the wiki. 

5 hours ago, fo3nixz said:

hes going about  not being able to use gladiator and other set mods

You can still use them, just put them on Your Own Weapon, where they belong.

Helios doesn't have a combo counter, etc to benefit from; so putting them there (duplicating a mod so it applies twice) is an obvious exploit.

If anything, rather than completely disallow them to be equiped on Deconstructor,etc. I would suggest that you can equip them there if you really want the stat bonuses on the Deconstructor, but the Set Bonus should be fixed to Not Transfer to the Player's weapon.

39 minutes ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

you guys know that Heliocor and Synoid Heliocor exist right? surprised nobody has mentioned the more fun alternative for scanning enemies.. smacking them with a big ol' Hammer rather than waiting for a floating magnet-looking boi to scan for you.

It is an alternative, but only Helios scans stuff like defense objects for you as well right? 

For the full completionist, who doesn't just want the simalacrum filled out, but wants the full codex complete. 

I have to admit I was a little sad seeing my Deconstructor Prime build half empty post patch. I used it in a way that I assume you used it -- to reap the additional crit chance from the Gladiator Set installed in the Deconstructor Prime. The change hasn't affected my melee power in a substantial way, however.  I hit less hard, but things still die fast, so it's not really all that noticeable. Though not seeing red crits as often as I used to might mean I'll have to change some builds.

As for Helios it still has some use, though yes the one use case I had for it and the Deconstructor Prime is gone now. Every once in a while I'll see an un-scanned orange straggler waltz across my screen when I'm not even aware that it was an enemy that needed scanning in the first place, so helios takes care of that. It's a bit rare now, but it happens. Plus it's fun taking it out when new content unlocks, watching Helios scan happily at all the new stuff.

1 hour ago, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

If anything, rather than completely disallow them to be equiped on Deconstructor,etc. I would suggest that you can equip them there if you really want the stat bonuses on the Deconstructor, but the Set Bonus should be fixed to Not Transfer to the Player's weapon.

Pretty sure they didn't do exactly this because it would anger the spaghetti monster that lives in the code. Since they left all other set mods I guarantee that if they tried to just disable the set effect it would have broken all other set effects on companions.

But there was literally one(1) Gladiator mod that actually worked for the Deconstructor anyways since it has no combo system or crit chance. So it's not like anything was lost for the weapon's performance.

Archived