Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

R.I.P. Deconstructor (Prime)

(PSN)BMWWOW

Yeah, it's true. Helios will at least be useful for new units/objects.

I will be retiring Helios from all builds that benefited from the Gladiator effects... there's no advantage to Helios anymore.

On the other, Djinn is immortal and it can equip Verglas, Cryotra, or Hellstrum and grant you the Vigilante set effects while spreading lots of status. Why would you use Helios - FOR ANYTHING - now? There's no reason.

So what are the most useful Sentinels now?

1. Djinn
  2. Oxylus
  3. Helios  (no longer useful without Gladiator set effect, still useful for scanning new units/objects)

The patch has legitimately harmed diversity here (personal preference aside). Vigilante set effects from companion weapons still work though, right? So what gives on disabling Gladiator on companion weapons? I absolutely don't get it. The reasoning for the change makes sense for the other mods that legitimately don't function on Deconstructor. Disabling the set mods makes no sense to me. There will just be more mods that aren't useful now... because the set effects (not just Gladiator) are mostly eclipsed by better mods. You're not going to put mediocre watered down set mods on your player weapons to get a small boost from the set in place of better mods. Companions are for utility and it makes sense to put those less desirable set mods there. Or... really... if it was all unintended (Vigilante too)... nobody will use most set mods. Certainly nobody will use the set mods for the set effects themselves because there is a limited number of slots and better mods than the set mods (or their effects). For example, why would use Gladiator mods for the set effect when you can use far superior Blood Rush, Organ Shatter, Primed Fury, etc... right? Are you going Gladiator Finesse on your Warframe... in place of Quick Thinking? Or Gladiator Resolve in place Umbral Vitality? Like does anybody actually use these mods on their Warframe?

The Helios situation is an iffy one and a picturebook example of a "bad" nerf.

Helios's interaction with set mods is a reaction to player feedback, that changes to BR, CO and co. aren't going far enough. It wasn't an exploit, it was collateral damage after a walk of shame in a search for additional ways to reduce melee effectiveness without looking like incompetent bunch. The "exploit" narrative crumbles even more, if we remember that Sentinels already had a rework with regards to moding and said interaction wasn't "fixed" then.
All the other set mods, like Vigilante or Augur also work on Sentinel weapons. And they still do (Vigilante will get axed soonTM as AoE guns are rising to be the most terrible meta WF ever had). Some sets even require investments in different companions, like Mecha & Synth, and yet somebody is telling me with a strait face cross functionality wasn't planned? If stat sticks are an acknowledged problem, why is only one instance addressed? This only creates more inconsistance and confusion, which is bad.

The most senile part is, that an item loses a meaningfull interaction and is about to collect dust. This is especially questionable development, since Sentinels already have difficulties to compete with utility cats or immortal pocket Saryn. No, the scanning gimmick isn't an excuse to warrant existence, or does even one of the clowns who parrot it use Oxylos?

16 hours ago, (PSN)Unstar said:

I guarantee that the Tenno who are actually trying to keep their Codex full don't see Helios as mastery fodder.

I know that I certainly don't see my Helios prime as Mastery fodder. I like learning all that there is to know about everything that there is to know about in Warframe. Helios Prime is my go to when new content comes out. So many new things to scan and learn. I know for a fact that it will be super busy when The New War arrives.

Personally, I never used mine as a means to improve melee combat. I usually keep the Deconstructor Prime off of it so that it will not draw undue attention to itself and explode before it can scan stuff and things.

Archived