Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Advice Ride 1,000,000 meters on a K-Drive?

(XBOX)MauRo NRa

4 minutes ago, (PSN)N7_Dredgen said:

Do not give DE the satisfaction of doing this legit and wasting 10+ hours of your life riding around on K-Drive aimlessly.   The exploit has been known by years by DE, Sony, MS and whoever else, so you don't have to worry about consequences, there are none.

I always thought Achievements were a sort of "Hey, you did something weird and a little different, it's noticed".

What's this idea of DE deriving satisfaction for people completing the achievement? I wouldn't have thought DE would care too much.

🤔 Maybe as a metric for players who ride around on a k-drive all the time, but I'd think they'd have better tools to gauge that?

5 minutes ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

I always thought Achievements were a sort of "Hey, you did something weird and a little different, it's noticed".

What's this idea of DE deriving satisfaction for people completing the achievement? I wouldn't have thought DE would care too much.

🤔 Maybe as a metric for players who ride around on a k-drive all the time, but I'd think they'd have better tools to gauge that?

Achievements can/do serve that function sure, but when the requirements ask you to do 400% more driving than what you realistically will completing the content, that's a bit overkill.  I've hunted trophies a long time - I've never liked trophies that ask stupid time investments that make no sense.  Hard trophies, or trophies for doing weird and obscure things are cool... but this is just a painful "milestone" trophy with the milestone being pretty unreasonable.  Developers put trophies like this in on purpose because they know for some people trophies/achievements are a hook to generate playtime.  They're more than happy to have us drive in a circle aimlessly for 10 hours if it means you're doing it in their game.

4 minutes ago, (PSN)N7_Dredgen said:

Achievements can/do serve that function sure, but when the requirements ask you to do 400% more driving than what you realistically will completing the content, that's a bit overkill.  I've hunted trophies a long time - I've never liked trophies that ask stupid time investments that make no sense.  Hard trophies, or trophies for doing weird and obscure things are cool... but this is just a painless "milestone" trophy with the milestone being pretty unreasonable.  Developers put trophies like this in on purpose because they know for some people trophies/achievements are a hook to generate playtime.  They're more than happy to have us drive in a circle aimlessly for 10 hours if it means you're doing it in their game.

Huh. Hadn't thought of it like that.

🤔 Don't most people just arch-wing around for much of their gameplay?

edit: Just checked out of curiosity; apparently I'm about 330k into the achievement

14 minutes ago, (PSN)N7_Dredgen said:

Achievements can/do serve that function sure, but when the requirements ask you to do 400% more driving than what you realistically will completing the content, that's a bit overkill.  I've hunted trophies a long time - I've never liked trophies that ask stupid time investments that make no sense.  Hard trophies, or trophies for doing weird and obscure things are cool... but this is just a painful "milestone" trophy with the milestone being pretty unreasonable.  Developers put trophies like this in on purpose because they know for some people trophies/achievements are a hook to generate playtime.  They're more than happy to have us drive in a circle aimlessly for 10 hours if it means you're doing it in their game.

I think "achievements" are one of the dumbest things in games period anyways.

You don't get anything for them expect epeen for doing something that tends to be either really simple, incredibly counter institutive, or in this case, absurdly, ludicrously tedious for no reason at all. 

Il y a 4 heures, FrostDragoon a dit :

You're being hyperbolic here. He was correct to point out that you shouldn't be holding back your team through absence or inefficient participation for the sake of a crappy/arbitrary achievement. If you want to do that kind of thing, don't do it in public matches. Go solo.

Being 15 seconds late isn't holding back your team. and reporting a player for that is kinda hyperbolic don't you think ? What's next  ? reporting players doing 5 % damage at the end of a mission ? accusing them of leeching because they use gear that's not efficient enough to match your maxed out Saryns ?  because they're too long to get to the elevator ?Most warframe players are friendly but surely some should learn to understand that not everyone want or can be the most efficient every time. You want to speedrun the best farm route ? fine, then go to recruit chat or play solo, but again, don't impose that to random people. Putting the achievement aside, would have you been happy if you got banned by some try hard dude in your first hours because you were too slow for them ? 

And yes doing it little by little is more of an advice than just say "don't" simply because you think "K-drives are a mistake" . If their goal is to get every achievement legit for personal satisfaction, it's their choice.

So my personal advice  would be to build your K-drive for speed, get the arcane too. To keep Vapor trail active you can use Hyldrin, it will use her shield instead of energy ( never use Lavos for that tho). If you don't have her or want to use another frame, put prime flow on it. Using Zenurik void dash will reduce the energy consomption by a half too. You also can get your energy back on the get go with the mod Juice. Anyway, don't waste any endo or plat on perfect balance. It is even more useless now that K-drive physics have been improved. Velocipods have less friction so they go slightly faster and are less prone to choke (but those don't hold the road as well and you easy loose grip if you do tricks so, it's how you prefer ).   

Hunting races or wandering around is up to you, but don't burn yourself out. Small rocks make big mountains.

12 hours ago, FrostDragoon said:

You're being hyperbolic here. He was correct to point out that you shouldn't be holding back your team through absence or inefficient participation for the sake of a crappy/arbitrary achievement. If you want to do that kind of thing, don't do it in public matches. Go solo.

You know why they put kdrives in the game? As a mode of transportation in open worlds. If you have an issue with people using something DE put in the game for it's intended purpose take it up with de.

17 hours ago, sly_squash said:

Don't listen to people saying to use k-drive over archwing in the open world. You're consistently and selfishly slowing down your squad. Don't be a trash squadmate; play the open world missions properly

It's literally what kdrives were put in the game for. Alternative movement in open worlds. Take it up with de if you have an issue with someone playing the game how the devs intended.

8 minutes ago, stormy505 said:

You know why they put kdrives in the game? As a mode of transportation in open worlds. If you have an issue with people using something DE put in the game for it's intended purpose take it up with de.

They also put Conclave in the game and it's clear that was a mistake too. Just because DE did it doesn't mean they should have. I'm not saying players shouldn't pursue achievements if they want to, but don't do it at the expense of your squads if you join public games.

4 hours ago, SuperFuret said:

Being 15 seconds late isn't holding back your team. and reporting a player for that is kinda hyperbolic don't you think ?

Who said anything about reporting anyone? I'm saying you're being a huge d-bag if you're doing this in public squads rather than solo. 15s late to an objective could mean a failed objective, depending on the squad. Beyond that, it's just the sheer stupidity, selfishness, and it actually is leeching at that point. Your comment just proves that K-Drives are a terrible idea because you're trying to defend people's non-participation as a result of them.

il y a une heure, FrostDragoon a dit :

Who said anything about reporting anyone?

read the other comments, like the one I was responding to 🙄 

15 sec late is non participation since when ? You're simply lying when you said it can lead to a failed bounty. We are talking about go from A to an objective B , not wandering around all the map while a bounty is active. It's harmless.  And if being okay with waiting others and not tolerating abusive reporting is being the d-bag, then the d-bag I am.

Also who are you to say DE souldn't put something on their own game because it's pointless to you ? That's not the first time I've seen such a statement. " DE doesn't understand their own game" "that frame doesn't fit the lore" and similar stuff, very popular among  certain influencers. (influencers that made k-drive and other stuff look like it's worse than it actually is btw, preventing people to get more into it more than the thing objective flaws). 

I'm not saying everything DE does is perfect, but gameplay diversity is one of the game biggest strenght, and these little add ons are not forced onto you (no Yareli's mini-quest doesn't count, it's a tutorial of some sort, you can completly ignore k-drives afterwards. They even moved the frame parts to the dojo instead of rocky's store at the last minute so you don't have to rank up ventkids. )  

But I'm probably talking ot a wall. So yeah. People, don't let some true g4mer ruin your fun because you're not playing by their meta standards, may they be a Content creator™ or a MR31. Everyone has a place on this game and you are not less legit than they are.

vor 22 Stunden schrieb (PSN)GingyGreen:

Don't put any effort. You'll get it passively as you play the game.

no joke. what people ask here ...
and I don't want to know WHY he wants it either.

Windows 95 Blue Screen of Death etc ...............

2 hours ago, SuperFuret said:

15 sec late is non participation since when ? You're simply lying when you said it can lead to a failed bounty.

Honestly stopped reading here. I've seen it happen. I'm not lying and your argument is disingenuous if this is the basis for debate.

Archived