Jump to content

New War release time frames etc


XxElite2015xX

Recommended Posts

Would be nice if DE gave us an *estimation* of a time they think it *might* be ready, just so we don't have to keep checking in often and just be able to take a break until the time frame they predicted to check. Anyone know when is a good time to check back on the updates? I'm thinking either October near Halloween or December near Christmas. "2021" is extremely vague, I get it's to avoid backlash that they get every time they promise a release date, but who says they have to promise it? An estimation is good enough, just to save the trouble of checking in extremely often. Not thinking about it does make time go faster mentally as well since you're not constantly looking in and know you can forget until that estimation on the calendar. 

TL:DR What do you think is a good time to check in?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, XxElite2015xX said:

In 5 months is 2022 lmao, 2021 is the current ETA, trying to figure out what month in the 5 is worth dropping in.

That's the point, they aren't going to give a date.  If they even "guess," people will take that as a Contract Signed In Blood that it's releasing, and then get upset when it doesn't hit that date.  Even for smaller updates like Sisters of Parvos they seem to have reached a point where they're no longer willing to give a solid date until they're basically already uploading the patch to the servers.  And even then sometimes something goes wrong and it gets delayed and people freak out.

So the best release estimate for New War is "sometime between 2021 and 2201, barring delays."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

If they're still going with the "we ship what we show" approach and it's all hands on deck for the studio, it could be end-of August/early September as the starting window. But even I think that's generous.

Most likely would be aim for November so all December is bug fixes while the studio shuffles around holidays for the employees. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, (XBOX)Skippy575 said:

If they're still going with the "we ship what we show" approach and it's all hands on deck for the studio, it could be end-of August/early September as the starting window. But even I think that's generous.

Most likely would be aim for November so all December is bug fixes while the studio shuffles around holidays for the employees. 

Got it, cheers, November does sound like a good time to un-forget. Bye everyone.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, (XBOX)Skippy575 said:

Most likely would be aim for November so all December is bug fixes while the studio shuffles around holidays for the employees. 

as long as they don't launch in December and clock out before any bugfixes. that is a genuine concern, and I reckon it'll take a few months just to make sure the quest itself is functioning right. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

as long as they don't launch in December and clock out before any bugfixes. that is a genuine concern, and I reckon it'll take a few months just to make sure the quest itself is functioning right. 

Same, but then again this is the same studio that said yesterday they anticipated a large traffic volume, and the servers still lagged, so who actually knows if they learned a lesson 🤣🤣🤣

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It is possible that DE will release New War in parts to simulate an ongoing war. The "first wave" where they invaded the system to get the Kuva will probably arrive in End of august to early september, this will feature Kahl and Veso. The "second wave" where the factions are pushing the sentients back and launching an assault on the mothership, this will feature Teshin, it will probably be released on end of september to early october. The final wave which could be the conclusion of the war will  probably released at the end of the year.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, XxElite2015xX said:

Would be nice if DE gave us an *estimation* of a time they think it *might* be ready, just so we don't have to keep checking in often and just be able to take a break until the time frame they predicted to check. Anyone know when is a good time to check back on the updates? I'm thinking either October near Halloween or December near Christmas. "2021" is extremely vague, I get it's to avoid backlash that they get every time they promise a release date, but who says they have to promise it? An estimation is good enough, just to save the trouble of checking in extremely often. Not thinking about it does make time go faster mentally as well since you're not constantly looking in and know you can forget until that estimation on the calendar. 

TL:DR What do you think is a good time to check in?

If you really don't want to consistently keep up to date with the forums then maybe follow Warframe on facebook or instagram or something. When they get close to an update they usually change their profile picture and do some teasers or something. Once you start seeing that the update shouldn't be too far off.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...