Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Necramech’s in normal missions…

(PSN)Sallasin_

2 minutes ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

not any time soon i imagine. given that they had to give Liches and Sisters specific damage resistance against mechs, they have only just become aware of how unbalanced they could be. I wouldn't be surprised if they've just swept it under the rug hoping that nobody will notice.

I actually think a bigger issue is that most of the older tilesets are barely possible to navigate with a Warframe, nevermind an iBlockDoors model warbot.  I get hung up on weird collision boxes all the time in the Infested/Crashed Corpus Ship tilesets.  There's all kinds of places where the geometry narrows due to wreckage / techflesh closing off the hallways, and weird bits sticking out, and "wait, I didn't mean to climb up on this thing that's barely a ledge don't shoot *ded*"

vor einer Stunde schrieb EmberStar:

I actually think a bigger issue is that most of the older tilesets are barely possible to navigate with a Warframe, nevermind an iBlockDoors model warbot.  I get hung up on weird collision boxes all the time in the Infested/Crashed Corpus Ship tilesets.  There's all kinds of places where the geometry narrows due to wreckage / techflesh closing off the hallways, and weird bits sticking out, and "wait, I didn't mean to climb up on this thing that's barely a ledge don't shoot *ded*"

Rebecca said that we would have to figure out ourselves how to navigate  the mechs in bad positions / teleporting him or using a different course like that.

5 hours ago, (PSN)Sallasin_ said:

Rebecca said that we would have to figure out ourselves how to navigate  the mechs in bad positions / teleporting him or using a different course like that.

Lmao, "figure out yourself how to navigate around bad collisions in the tilesets".

We can use our Corncobs in Railjack missions and half of those are just taxi jack variants of regular missions. Will we ever get them in all Star Chart missions? Who can say. DE has the weirdest fixations, so pray to your favorite chaos god (Khorne? CHORNE!) and maybe it will happen.

Honestly with the new war being a thing would be a good time to add them to regular missions, very thematic, just stop us from spawning them in assassination nodes(say there is some energy field blocking the teleport in or something).

"But they would further trivialize the base content" True, but most frame and weapons can do the same, maybe make it an unlockable ability you get for completing the new quest.

Still not going to happen, but I can dream and so I shall.🤪

Didn’t they scratched that idea ? Operation orphix venom was basically a field test to see how necramechs would perform in normal tilesets. After the event they decided to only add it to railjack tilesets as an intrinsics reward. Balancing necramechs in normal missions would be really hard to do. Necramechs also the only reason we got that massive adaptive damage reduction on sisters/liches. I personally don’t want to see that DR added to every boss/mini boss and suffer on steel path just to have mechs in normal missions

If we see how Yareli's K-drive has been so poorly implemented in normal missions, i'm ok-ish in having them only in a few tilesets. 

Possibly those which are already been reworked to be easily navigable with them, like the new corpus ships.

As for TNW... most of the scenes seems to happen on cetus / new tilesets made for the mission, so i don't see why we couldn't use them once we will get it.

12 hours ago, EmberStar said:

I also imagine this is the hold up tilesets like eris and europa possible needing to be work on so the large mech don't clip through the tunnels and fall endlessly.

6 hours ago, Kuilvax said:

Didn’t they scratched that idea ? Operation orphix venom was basically a field test to see how necramechs would perform in normal tilesets. After the event they decided to only add it to railjack tilesets as an intrinsics reward. Balancing necramechs in normal missions would be really hard to do. Necramechs also the only reason we got that massive adaptive damage reduction on sisters/liches. I personally don’t want to see that DR added to every boss/mini boss and suffer on steel path just to have mechs in normal missions

Dude no I want to see that tech on every boss/miniboss,  maybe with some tweaks. 

Imagine: a warframe where you can't one-shot a boss' health pool and they can be an actual threat!

11 minutes ago, ShogunGunshow said:

Dude no I want to see that tech on every boss/miniboss,  maybe with some tweaks. 

Imagine: a warframe where you can't one-shot a boss' health pool and they can be an actual threat!

a system like that will kill the game in the long term. the game is already hard to pick up and get used to it for a new tenno it feels really overwhelming, imagine on top of that the new tenno has to deal with such a damage resistance. Thats a hard no from me. Adding it only to steel path would also kill of the already suffering endurance community

1 hour ago, Kuilvax said:

a system like that will kill the game in the long term. the game is already hard to pick up and get used to it for a new tenno it feels really overwhelming, imagine on top of that the new tenno has to deal with such a damage resistance. Thats a hard no from me. Adding it only to steel path would also kill of the already suffering endurance community

What newbie is fighting these bosses, exactly?

5 hours ago, Kaotyke said:

Yeah. It wont. Things that arent given immediately wont be given eventually. Like Cross-save and Cross-play.

Dood, its the video game industry, until they say otherwise its healthier for everyone to assume the answer is "no/not going to happen" no matter the question rather then believing otherwise just because they *eventually* did X, then it follows that they *must* do Y.

Besides until they announce it I'm not 'wrong',(when/if) they do I WILL be and I will be quite happy to be proven wrong, since I want my stompy mech in normal missions.😁

1 hour ago, (PSN)kadeliza740 said:

Dood, its the video game industry, until they say otherwise its healthier for everyone to assume the answer is "no/not going to happen" no matter the question rather then believing otherwise just because they *eventually* did X, then it follows that they *must* do Y.

Besides until they announce it I'm not 'wrong',(when/if) they do I WILL be and I will be quite happy to be proven wrong, since I want my stompy mech in normal missions.😁

It's not very likely. they never said its %100 coming. they said they were planning/thinking about it and they also launched a beta/field test for it called operation orphix venom. I think if they wanted the mechs in the normal missions we would've gotten them by now. there is a reason why they only added them to the railjack tilesets

1 hour ago, Kuilvax said:

It's not very likely. they never said its %100 coming. they said they were planning/thinking about it and they also launched a beta/field test for it called operation orphix venom. I think if they wanted the mechs in the normal missions we would've gotten them by now. there is a reason why they only added them to the railjack tilesets

Yes I agree, just think the one I responded to stating  that DE changed there outlook on Cross Save/Play is somehow analogous to Mechs in normal missions is a bit far. Hope is the first step on the path of Disappointment after all, to be forewarned is to be forearmed after all.

On topic, last I heard DE wasn't happy with mechs and level geometry in many tilesets, yet the new war (might) bring some refresh to some so we might eventually get mechs in all missions, but it is a theory and I am most certainly not hopeful that mechs will come to normal missions.

Archived