Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Blocking Other Players Energy Colours

0Pinger

Scenario, fighting infested with toxic ancients and crawlers, a player using Ember/Vauban/clan tech weapons using Green as a energy colour make it impossible to tell what is an acid fart cloud and what isn't.

So I want an option to remove other player energy colours client side, so I can see that the green fart cloud is really deadly or not.

When they added customisable skill colours, there were numerous threads requesting this or a client side default option.

A hot topic said DE had heard the request, but not that they would do it.

Been quiet ever since!

Edit: I agree!

Edited by Egg_Chen

Then, if they were to be seen only by the person who is using them, there is no point in wasting platinum to buy new colours.

We could all use custom colours only we could see, like the custom skins in League of Legends.

The colour customization in this game is one of its best features, it's what makes you feel you can have your own signature while others use the same gear as you (or not).

I've played with players who do that, I myself am using the neon green from the infested pallet on my ignis, in infested missions. I have a friend who uses a green almost identical to the toxics' one on his nova. No one ever complained and I didn't either about the others who do such a thing.

It's just a mission, finish it and move to a new lobby.

Then, if they were to be seen only by the person who is using them, there is no point in wasting platinum to buy new colours.

We could all use custom colours only we could see, like the custom skins in League of Legends.

The colour customization in this game is one of its best features, it's what makes you feel you can have your own signature while others use the same gear as you (or not).

I've played with players who do that, I myself am using the neon green from the infested pallet on my ignis, in infested missions. I have a friend who uses a green almost identical to the toxics' one on his nova. No one ever complained and I didn't either about the others who do such a thing.

It's just a mission, finish it and move to a new lobby.

You right, but if the energy color wasnt customable, we didnt lose any originality either, i think.

You right, but if the energy color wasnt customable, we didnt lose any originality either, i think.

Originality? We have Wraiths/Vandals for that.

Just imagine how boring the game would be if everything was the same, in every mission you would play. We have farming to remind us of that, I think it's enough.

Originality? We have Wraiths/Vandals for that.

Just imagine how boring the game would be if everything was the same, in every mission you would play. We have farming to remind us of that, I think it's enough.

Well, if the energy color wasnt custom, make the game boring for you, thats tastes, to me, cosmetic is the less important thing in a game, gameplay vs performance vs challenge, that is what make me or not bored with something.

Edit: Same color make you bored, but same skin doesnt (Wraith/Vandal), but we end up holding the same thing, especially after a event.

Edited by Rapxtor

Well, if the energy color wasnt custom, make the game boring for you, thats tastes, to me, cosmetic is the less important thing in a game, gameplay vs performance vs challenge, that is what make me or not bored with something.

Edit: Same color make you bored, but same skin doesnt (Wraith/Vandal), but we end up holding the same thing, especially after a event.

I just feel a bit more excited after getting a weapon or warframe and then get to customize it. I try it out and then I just know how I want it to be coloured. I mean, it feels mine, it has its own personality and colours reflect that. Or it is always nice to make colour matching loadouts.

Also, I like Wraiths and Vandals (Vandals more), but they end up boring and I don't use them that often.

Furthermore, we all know that at some point the game ends up being repetitive and kinda boring, it's nothing new. It's other things that keep us playing.