Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please convert Amalgam Barrel Diffusion to Amalgam Hornet Strike

(PSN)RookTheKnight

Galvanized Diffusion is an extremely potent mod and I shouldn't have to go back to fat rolling in order to slot it. Please move its bonus onto a mod that doesn't conflict with the new Galvanized mods.

EDIT: The reason I make this edit is because the Galvanized mods were added to the game as part of a Rework. I'm shooting myself in the foot now by not using Galvanized Diffusion, but Amalgam Barrel Diffusion is an underrated mod and now it's instantly obsolete. This is arguably power creep at the cost of gameplay.

3 minutes ago, Uhkretor said:

... Dpdge speed is that much of a crutch, huh...?

I'm sorry? I enjoy the roll speed, it offers a substantial increase in speed over the default value. Very good for increasing the distance of a bullet jump by rolling midair. Going back to fat rolls feels painfully slow.

1 minute ago, Gwyndolin-chan said:

if anything is a sidegrade or nerf.

... Whatever it is, I'm not going to debate flavor...

... You guys saw use, I saw a trap and avoided it...

But do you know what it really is? A choice... And poor choices lead to equal outcomes...

... Guess what I saw when pretty much everyone went with Amalgam Diffusion...

10 minutes ago, Uhkretor said:

... Whatever it is, I'm not going to debate flavor...

... You guys saw use, I saw a trap and avoided it...

But do you know what it really is? A choice... And poor choices lead to equal outcomes...

... Guess what I saw when pretty much everyone went with Amalgam Diffusion...

Are all 4,000 of your posts this condescending? It's a feedback thread mate. 

Imagine having this strong of an opinion over losing a whopping 10% multishot vs. vanilla Barrel Diffusion. As if this mod is threatening your DPS or something.

1 hour ago, (PSN)RookTheKnight said:

I'm sorry? I enjoy the roll speed, it offers a substantial increase in speed over the default value. Very good for increasing the distance of a bullet jump by rolling midair. Going back to fat rolls feels painfully slow.

Does it?  On the ground it's much snappier, but it definitely covers less ground.  I haven't tried to stopwatch it, but it feels like it might just be a wash, if that.  Bullet jumping...I don't know, it feels good, but I don't think I'm qualified to say if it's making my jumps cover more distance.  I'm not very good at parkour.

In any case, I can see other reasons for liking it.  The small, precise rolls are nice, and it seems like a great fit for Rolling Guard.  

As a side note, another solution to the issue could be to have more sources of dodge speed.

43 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

Does it?  On the ground it's much snappier, but it definitely covers less ground.  I haven't tried to stopwatch it, but it feels like it might just be a wash, if that.  Bullet jumping...I don't know, it feels good, but I don't think I'm qualified to say if it's making my jumps cover more distance.  I'm not very good at parkour.

In any case, I can see other reasons for liking it.  The small, precise rolls are nice, and it seems like a great fit for Rolling Guard.  

Ehh... pretty much. For my testing from a roll into a jump it seems to give me more air speed. Midair normal-speed dodge roll definitely gets you more airtime in the long run as ABD shortens your rolls a bit. So it's speed over distance; I find it useful after a bullet jump for preserving aerial momentum right before an aim glide.

But I like to air roll like a Peppy Hare disciple. It's also a big deal for me because I've already over-forma'd most of my weapons to fit it. On the plus side, I can slot Galvanized Diffusion on most of my guns without dropping in a new forma, the downside is there's probably a few where I was only over capacity by only a point.

As a side note, another solution to the issue could be to have more sources of dodge speed.

Agreed. An exilus mod would be excellent for this, especially if for secondaries.

6 hours ago, (PSN)RookTheKnight said:

Are all 4,000 of your posts this condescending?

Condescending for saying that the roll bonus is basically useless?

... ok...

Imagine having this strong of an opinion over losing a whopping 10% multishot vs. vanilla Barrel Diffusion. As if this mod is threatening your DPS or something.

... I'm of the personal opinion that max rank multishot mods base effect shouldn't exceed 100%, that's why my Barrel Diffusion isn't max ranked... 10% or 20% is irrelevant.

DPS is also irrelevant. It has absolutely no weight in any of my decisions.

And before you pick on another type, AoE is also irrelevant. Besides abilities, which have absolutely no weight in any of my ability use decisions, I don't see them as weapons to be used.

Here's the thing, mod variants of the same type are always sidegrades... and are always choices... I'm not saying "no" to whatever was asked in this thread... I'm saying that it has no relevance other than a weaker sidegrade just to avoid that thing - - what was is again - -

7 hours ago, (PSN)RookTheKnight said:

fat rolls

... and that's IF you do use it on the ground to avoid getting shot at as its intended use...

... But its a choice either way... However, if Amalgam Diffusion gets indeed converted (which its highly unlikely its going to happen) into Amalgam Strike, 10% of difference (assuming its the same damage percentage reduction when compared to the regular version) can translate into a 10k damage loss or more...

For a simple crutch for rolling? No one will use this mod and those that are already using it will just drop it off in favor of the regular Hornet Strike...

Also

It's a feedback thread mate.

I know its a Feedback thread.

I did offer my feedback, but you considered it

condescending

just because it wasn't the way you wanted it nor it was positive support to your feedback in any way...

... I don't know what to tell you about that, really... but I did say what needed to be said about Amalgam Diffusion.

That roll bonus? Yeah, increased bullet jump gain by midair rolling is an illusion but you can keep thinking its working and its a good thing.

11 hours ago, Uhkretor said:

No one will use this mod and those that are already using it will just drop it off in favor of the regular Hornet Strike...

I mean, some people use Amalgam Serration on legitimate primary builds, and it's an identical 10% base damage drop for a touch of sprint speed. This is also talking about a mod that can work well with Rolling Guard, as Tiltskillet mentioned. So I definitely wouldn't say "no one would use it" - especially if you're already dealing orders of magnitude more damage than is necessary.

Archived