Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can I skip Railjack and Liches?

-vnn

Hello! I recently redownloaded WF because New War showed up on my youtube (lol). Seems pretty cool. When RJ and Liches came out I hate them so much I stopped playing altogether. But the releases after that did draw my attention when I read up on them. So are RJ and Liches a prerequisite to other later released content? I doubt I would do them.

3 minutes ago, -vnn said:

Hello! I recently redownloaded WF because New War showed up on my youtube (lol). Seems pretty cool. When RJ and Liches came out I hate them so much I stopped playing altogether. But the releases after that did draw my attention when I read up on them. So are RJ and Liches a prerequisite to other later released content? I doubt I would do them.

Lich? Nope. Totally optional. In Grineer missions after War Within (I believe), the lights will flicker. Killing I think it's 30 Grineer in 1 min will cause a special enemy to spawn, called a Larvaling. There's a clip from a Kuva Guardian that will pop up. If you down the Larvaling, it will show a picture of a Kuva weapon above it's head, and will prompt you to hold X to turn them into a Lich. Should you summon them, just skip the part where you hold X, and you'll never have a Lich.

This will restrict you from getting a Kuva variant weapon, but they're not necessary. (There will be a similar process for the Corpus type 'Lich'/nemesis enemies that I'm not familiar with yet, but will likewise be optional.)

Railjack? Technically? Kinda? Barely... but not really necessary. Like.. the Warframe Sevagoth is locked behind Railjack unless you purchase for platinum.. and there are two storyline missions that involve Railjack which you could skip, seeing as you could just watch those parts of the storyline on a youtube video.

So yeah, you're all clear.

Both Railjack and Lich systems have had a number of reworks since launch, but if it's not your thing, you're not strictly obligated to do it.

Liches? No, RJ is would be needed for some things, most likely(pure theory here, a portion or more on the new war) but otherwise might be skip able.

Railjack has been reworked ALOT though so might be worth just giving it a try (again)just to see, much more solo/newbie friendly (will be worth looking at guide before hand though). Liches can be COMPLETELY avoided, you only won't get some cool weapons is all.

Liches can be skipped, but Railjack? No. The New War will have a Railjack portion, you will have to invest in Railjack wether you like it or not to finish the quest.

A Proof that Railjack is required from the quest. A Screenshot of the quest shows a Railjack going into the warzone

6w1asob14zb71.png?width=640&crop=smart&a

I mean, do you want to play the game or not ?

You can stay on regular starchart and pretend that no updates came out after 2018 for sure, no one is gonna stop you. A colossal waste if you'd ask me, but no one is gonna stop you.

Just don't come back later to complain that you don't have access to the newest stuff because you refused to play the game pass a certain point.

Strictly speaking, Liches are mandatory if you want lich weapons or ephemera, as they can't be bought for plat.
But if you don't want their weapons then you don't have to do them. They aren't a requirement for quests.

Railjack has a few quests tied to it and given that they are probably gonna be a requirement for future quests, you'll probably have to suck it up and stomach through them. It's pretty short and you don't need a good ship to do them. But any warframes, weapons, etc you need to grind via RJ can be skipped with plat. Although if you want the ephemera you will have to do some RJ stuff.

Ah good to know that RJ was reworked and I don't need to min/max it. I'm not too concern with the new weapons and fashionframe. Just played some nodes to get the hang of it again. The muscle memory is still there and the previous mods are still viable. 

Will give RJ another go. Thanks for all your input. 

You will get locked out of some of the content needing railjack (one quest , one warframe and the relevant railjack drops),

You can still play the rest of the game , but I expect more quest and content will be railjack dependent going forward.

The lich and sister content only has cosmetics and weapons (some of the best in the game though) so if you are ok with not getting them you can skip em.

it's up to you, but you're gonna be missing out, and I'm not just talking about Kuva/Tenet weapons, some of which are really good. there is almost certainly goign to be a Railjack sequence in The New War, and while I imagine it'll be balanced for players without fully upgraded Railjacks, you'll need to at least be familiar with the gameplay. 

2 hours ago, -vnn said:

Will give RJ another go. Thanks for all your input. 

you'll probably find Railjack better now that we have AI crews, so you no longer have to rely on other players; It's made Railjack much more fun for me!

4 hours ago, DrivaMain said:

Liches can be skipped, but Railjack? No. The New War will have a Railjack portion, you will have to invest in Railjack wether you like it or not to finish the quest.

A Proof that Railjack is required from the quest. A Screenshot of the quest shows a Railjack going into the warzone

6w1asob14zb71.png?width=640&crop=smart&a

I just realized there are Grineer & Corpus ships attacking the Sentients too, that's so cool

• 8 months later...
33 minutes ago, SingleplayerTM said:

maybe something changed in the while.
can the railjack part now somehow be skipped with platin or so ?
or still required to waste 450 hours playtime just grinding vaults

It's easy to build a Railjack now. If you cba to do that you can buy the Railjack with plat instead. Also no, as mentioned above you need a Railjack for certain quests--especially The New War. Good(?) thing however is you don't really have to dump a bunch of forma into it. Basic health etc mods even if not levelled should see you through the mission just fine.

55 minutes ago, SingleplayerTM said:

maybe something changed in the while.
can the railjack part now somehow be skipped with platin or so ?
or still required to waste 450 hours playtime just grinding vaults

I have to question where you got the "vaults" from, Mr.Hyperbole.

35 minutes ago, Numerikuu said:

It's easy to build a Railjack now. If you cba to do that you can buy the Railjack with plat instead. Also no, as mentioned above you need a Railjack for certain quests--especially The New War. Good(?) thing however is you don't really have to dump a bunch of forma into it. Basic health etc mods even if not levelled should see you through the mission just fine.

so just buy it for 400 plat and everything is unlocked for the new war quest ?

2 minutes ago, SingleplayerTM said:

You also need a Necramech, but yes. I'd advise you at the very least put some basic mods on both, like health, shields, armour etc. You don't need to go stuffing them with 5+ forma however 🙂

Just now, Numerikuu said:

You also need a Necramech, but yes. I'd advise you at the very least put some basic mods on both, like health, shields, armour etc. You don't need to go stuffing them with 5+ forma however 🙂

ty man <3 , but last question where can i get the mech from ? (preffer to skip all required stuff with plat to start new war quest)
also is the rail slot on my ship also unlocked then (the glass thing i think u know what i mean) ?

4 minutes ago, SingleplayerTM said:

Railjack pack cost 400p , if you want necramech too that will cost extra .

Personally I advice not to buy railjack , it takes like 5 minutes to build the thing if you have the resources for it which mind you have been drastically reduced .

Necramech parts are tradable however the resources to build it are not so you will need to farm Deimos rep for those .

5 minutes ago, bad4youLT said:

Railjack pack cost 400p , if you want necramech too that will cost extra .

Personally I advice not to buy railjack , it takes like 5 minutes to build the thing if you have the resources for it which mind you have been drastically reduced .

Necramech parts are tradable however the resources to build it are not so you will need to farm Deimos rep for those .

i have to build the railjack at loid on demos , right ? there i have 0 contripution points and just 0 ressources 

Archived