Jump to content

Rigged game!


eisKripp

Recommended Posts

Hello,

Can DE make equal chances for each frame drop, not make system to be aka "22%" from wiki but in reality be like under 10% for every frame?

The chances are not true. I farmed for a week already her parts, with key share or solo , ended up with 8 neuroptics (5 in a row at start) and 6 Chassis, they always come 2 or 3 of one in a row then change to other. Not even to mention that i actually had chassis and neuroptic already, i only farmed for the system.

This is rigged! Shame that's the method to keep players farm a non-rewarding mission... locked after 1 run per day. 

 

PS: i ran only with open party, me with another clan mate, not even in one run we got a random or beginner player. Nobody in recruiting chat wanted to come along.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I assume you’re talking about Mesa. The system isn’t rigged, you just have bad luck. If you look at the table you’ll see that it lists „nearly guaranteed“ at 18-36 runs. 

Also lol at claiming that the mission is locked at 1 run per day after listing the results of the 14 runs you did in a week. Your post isn’t just wrong, it’s not even internally consistent.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

You just got supremely unlucky and it's okay to be frustrated at that, but it happens to a lot of folks and isn't a sign that something is inherently broken. It took me 6 years of playing this game on and off to finally get Hate to drop from Stalker. Just because something has a 22% chance to drop doesn't mean you're guaranteed to get it within 5 tries.

You also don't mention specifically which frame you were trying for there. *EDIT* Keyshare didn't tip me off to it being Mesa, it has been a long time. While it does suck trying to get her parts, you should have set your expectations with how the keys were acquired that it wasn't something you could get done quickly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, eisKripp said:

Hello,

Can DE make equal chances for each frame drop, not make system to be aka "22%" from wiki but in reality be like under 10% for every frame?

The chances are not true. I farmed for a week already her parts, with key share or solo , ended up with 8 neuroptics (5 in a row at start) and 6 Chassis, they always come 2 or 3 of one in a row then change to other. Not even to mention that i actually had chassis and neuroptic already, i only farmed for the system.

This is rigged! Shame that's the method to keep players farm a non-rewarding mission... locked after 1 run per day. 

 

PS: i ran only with open party, me with another clan mate, not even in one run we got a random or beginner player. Nobody in recruiting chat wanted to come along.

craft more keys? its 1hr each

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, fo3nixz said:

craft more keys? its 1hr each

The coordinate for the keys is tied to invasions, endless Deimos missions and if you're a masochist, Hive Sabotages. The key itself isn't the issue when trying to get Mesa, it's the ingredients.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Wyrd_Oh said:

The coordinate for the keys is tied to invasions, endless Deimos missions and if you're a masochist, Hive Sabotages. The key itself isn't the issue when trying to get Mesa, it's the ingredients.

its tradeable the nav cordinates.

DSPqXBD.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

yeah, vanilla frames always end up being harder to get than primes in the end. Nidus will be another great example: rotation C of Infested Salvage or relic runs? not much of a choice really..

that said, this is RNG workign as intended, and while it can certainly be painful and annoying, it's just how it is. and yeah, you might struggle with recruit chat as the majority of people there will have done the Mesa farm and won't want to go back. thinking about it, all of Eris' frame farms suck: Mesa, Atlas and Nidus, yet all 3 are amazing frames. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2021-07-19 at 1:21 PM, fo3nixz said:

its tradeable the nav cordinates.

DSPqXBD.png

So you mean the DE made the frames easier to buy with Plat instead of a rewarding farm? There should be a balance between buying with plat and farming something. It's like they don't want players playing, but at same time cry because no one will play the game after they got newest frames/weapons? Huh?! ...interesting. 

 

Edit: yeah i think you're right... i almost forgot about ambassador. xD

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, eisKripp said:

Ill up this until i get my system... or DE fix their droprates! a 22% that in 20 runs dont drop is not a 22% its under 5%

 

Even the wikia notes the "nearly guaranteed" average number of runs being somewhere in between 18 and 36.

Set yourself a goal of doing 50 total runs and if you still haven't gotten it then you can uninstall with confidence. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, eisKripp said:

22% that in 20 runs dont drop is not a 22% its under 5%

That's not how statistics works. 22% simply means, every time you do the mission, you have a 22% chance to get the item, OR, 78% chance you won't get the item. The odds don't change just because you haven't got it yet.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, (PSN)iuvenilis said:

That's not how statistics works. 22% simply means, every time you do the mission, you have a 22% chance to get the item, OR, 78% chance you won't get the item. The odds don't change just because you haven't got it yet.

Nah mate... 22% means in 10 runs to get 2 parts. Cause otherwise you can get infinite times to just skip to other 37% rewards thus making your "22%" part to never drop.

Thats why i said it's rigger and the procents are not the real numbers.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Padre_Akais said:

Even the wikia notes the "nearly guaranteed" average number of runs being somewhere in between 18 and 36.

Set yourself a goal of doing 50 total runs and if you still haven't gotten it then you can uninstall with confidence. 

True words... but i think ill stop at 30 runs... and im close af to the goal.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, eisKripp said:

procents are not the real numbers.

You are correct. The percent values are not real (that is to say "accurate" representations).

3 minutes ago, eisKripp said:

Nah mate... 22% means in 10 runs to get 2 parts.

You are incorrect. RNG does not work like that.

This is how RNG works:

star s reactions GIF

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, eisKripp said:

Nah mate... 22% means in 10 runs to get 2 parts. Cause otherwise you can get infinite times to just skip to other 37% rewards thus making your "22%" part to never drop.

Thats why i said it's rigger and the procents are not the real numbers.

Except that is not how probability works, not to mention that WF doesn't use PRNG. Take the "nearly guaranteed" number to heart and get on farming :P

Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, eisKripp said:

True words... but i think ill stop at 30 runs... and im close af to the goal.

I wish you luck in your last few attempts then...

If you do decide to continue playing this game you might want to consider just buying whatever you are looking for with plat going forward as 30-40 attempts for a specific item can be fairly tame.

And the grind is nowhere near as tough as it used to be...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, eisKripp said:

22% means in 10 runs to get 2 parts

No, it absolutely does not mean that at all. I can't stress that enough. You clearly don't understand statistics at all.

In the long-run, i.e. a very large sample size, 100+ runs, then your overall results will start to look similar to the drop-rates. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am no expert or nothing but it isn't random when there is a predictable pattern.

The gaming industry calls it 'random' as means of PR, to assign guilt and blame to some abstract, distant phenomenon, an act of god, far from their responsibility, when really they wrote the exact numbers out by hand - not because they are making a mathemtical point of correct definitions but to not have the discussion about whose fault it is.

It should be renamed, no doubt. Fake grind generated chance or wasting your time as much as possible generated chance. Deliberate generated chance.

I mean it didn't happen on its own, did it, lol. Can't be random, can it.

 

Long story short, them asking you to repeat gameplay is their problem, for not being able to produce content fast enough. No one thinks it's fun, good gameplay or dignified content, it's simply a demonstration of how little the gaming industry has progressed.

The equalizer is f2p games, where you don't have to pay them anything at all, as a thank you for the grinds and nerfs etc. The fake nightwave crime scene timer, 5 forma weapons, the planet-grinds, riven grinding, runing your favorite weapon for no reason, this and that and everything.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, Surbusken said:

I am no expert or nothing but it isn't random when there is a predictable pattern.

That's correct. That said, You'd like the drop chance a lot less if it wasn't...

The term RNG both is and isn't literal as there is both a min and a max that algorithm pulls a random number from with values and weights assigned to determine how often items drop.

In the matter of the OP's complaint:

Mutalist Alad V has a 100% drop chance to drop 1 of 3 Mesa components per kill. Equal chances are given to 2 of the components and a lower chance is given to 1 of them.

In that scenario, the OP should expect to be rewarded a great many of those two items with the higher drop chance for every one award of the item with the lower drop chance.

An unlucky person may need ~40 runs to get all the parts whereas a lucky person will only need 3.

As an example, It took me vastly fewer attempts to get Rhino P. when it first launched than it did to farm all the parts for Rhino itself.

1 hour ago, Surbusken said:

Long story short, them asking you to repeat gameplay is their problem, for not being able to produce content fast enough. No one thinks it's fun, good gameplay or dignified content, it's simply a demonstration of how little the gaming industry has progressed.

Re-playability is a facet of video-gaming, has been forever, and isn't ever changing.

If you want a game that offers once in a lifetime experiences with a massive amount of content to match?  You are down to PnP RPG's alone.

Even then, you will still have to deal with RNG... 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...