Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Returning to the game, what changed?

Nazaraka

Question

So i last played Warframe around May last year, glassmaker was starting, i think. I was working away from home so i didn't have time to play or check the news. So what was added since then? What should i check out? I had almost everything at that point maxed or collected, so im only asking for the content since then. Upfront thanks for tips

3 answers to this question

May last year?

Well first was Deadlock Protocol. This has completely overhauled the Corpus Cruiser tileset, with new art and drastically new layouts. I'm not entirely sold on the new layouts myself, though, but it also came with a new albeit low-level quest, a new small activity (the 'Granum Void'. Think a mini ESO with its own rewards) and an updated Jackal boss fight. A so-so update, but it did add one of the cooler new villains(anti-villain?) in recent memory, Parvos Granum.

The next thing is 'Heart of Deimos'. This is a third open area, dual-themed around Infested and Orokin. I won't spoil much, but it's unfortunately the smallest in terms of physical size and content, but the characters and story are pretty cool if you ask me. This also comes with a  new vehicle that's combat focused (the 'Necramech') that's piloted by your Operator. It also added the 'Helminth' system, where you can swap out one of a frames powers with a pre-selected power from a different frame. The catch is you need to sacrifice the frame you want the power from (although spare copies work fine). It's quite the added grind, but it's worth it in my opinion. Deimos has had its secondary expansion 'Arcana', which didn't add a big grand boss, surprisingly, but did add more bounties that take place underground with unique rewards and objectives. I say it's the smallest in terms of content, but Deimos will certainly keep you busy for a while. pretty good update IMO.

The next major update the Railjack Retrofit/Call of the Tempestarii. These were the same update on consoles. This overhauls Railjack gameplay (and the layout of the ship itself) to be more streamlined, added AI 'Crew' companions who are surprisingly customisable and reasonably competent. You can even get to the point where you can summon them into regular missions, where they show off the power of double-damage fully modded weaponry for three minutes. It justifies the 10-minute cooldown, they're kind of ridiculous. This also added a new quest and the Corpus regions of Railjack, the former of which is good and adds a neat new frame called 'Sevagoth' (who can split between himself and his 'ghost', which is functionally a second frame that's independently modded.) and the latter which is... mixed. The Railjack sections are some of the best in the game, sporting multiple sub-objectives, multiple optional loot caches and a neat gimmick where if you fall out of bounds on one of the objectives, you wind up in Archwing. But most Corpus missions are largely just repackaged ground missions with new enemies. Literally, you spawn into a ground mission after a brief Railjack Segment, Lotus guides you, everything. At least the new 'Volatile' mission is fun, serving as kind of a non-endless disruption. Plus you can now do Relics in Railjack, which is how you get Sevagoth (and now some new Melee weapons). The Acolyte mods have now been moved to Deimos, as well.

There was also the 'Steel Path' - in effect, a hard mode. You can complete the star chart again, except this time with much higher levels and everything has a shield/armour buff. Acolytes also drop in. This mode drops a unique reward called 'Steel Essence' which has some cosmetics and other loot through Teshin. This has been... controversial. Some people don't like it because it's too hard, other people because it enforces an arguably-straining meta, but if you do enjoy it, I won't stop you. I've definitely been enjoying it more recently.

Most recently was the 'Sisters of Parvos' - Parvos being an antagonist introduced in the aforementioned Deadlock Protocol. In effect, this is Corpus Liches.  They come complete with a streamlined Lich system, faster murmur gathering (which is fortunately inherited by Kuva Liches), a bunch of new dialogue and personalities, weapons, new pets... and being made excessively tanky. Which is unfortunately inherited b Kuva Liches. However, instead of a potentially anticlimactic finisher, getting all three requiems leads you into a final confrontation that's played in Railjack, just like the Tennocon reveal, just without the Squad Link introduction. After Scarlet Spear, it seems that concept has been dropped. There's also new 'Galvanised' mods and Arcanes for ranged weapons now too. The former is acquired through Arbitrations and the latter through the Steel Path.

Overall, 2020/2021 has certainly not been 2019. The updates have been shakey, but generally getting better. And I'm going to assume you've seen the New War trailer/demo, which... actually seems like it's going to be a thing this year, finally, but is also looking to be gold. Plus, Deimos was revealed last year at Tennocon and came out shortly thereafter, so hopefully less of a Railjack/Duviri going forward!

19 minutes ago, Loza03 said:

May last year?

Well first was Deadlock Protocol. This has completely overhauled the Corpus Cruiser tileset, with new art and drastically new layouts. I'm not entirely sold on the new layouts myself, though, but it also came with a new albeit low-level quest, a new small activity (the 'Granum Void'. Think a mini ESO with its own rewards) and an updated Jackal boss fight. A so-so update, but it did add one of the cooler new villains(anti-villain?) in recent memory, Parvos Granum.

The next thing is 'Heart of Deimos'. This is a third open area, dual-themed around Infested and Orokin. I won't spoil much, but it's unfortunately the smallest in terms of physical size and content, but the characters and story are pretty cool if you ask me. This also comes with a  new vehicle that's combat focused (the 'Necramech') that's piloted by your Operator. It also added the 'Helminth' system, where you can swap out one of a frames powers with a pre-selected power from a different frame. The catch is you need to sacrifice the frame you want the power from (although spare copies work fine). It's quite the added grind, but it's worth it in my opinion. Deimos has had its secondary expansion 'Arcana', which didn't add a big grand boss, surprisingly, but did add more bounties that take place underground with unique rewards and objectives. I say it's the smallest in terms of content, but Deimos will certainly keep you busy for a while. pretty good update IMO.

The next major update the Railjack Retrofit/Call of the Tempestarii. These were the same update on consoles. This overhauls Railjack gameplay (and the layout of the ship itself) to be more streamlined, added AI 'Crew' companions who are surprisingly customisable and reasonably competent. You can even get to the point where you can summon them into regular missions, where they show off the power of double-damage fully modded weaponry for three minutes. It justifies the 10-minute cooldown, they're kind of ridiculous. This also added a new quest and the Corpus regions of Railjack, the former of which is good and adds a neat new frame called 'Sevagoth' (who can split between himself and his 'ghost', which is functionally a second frame that's independently modded.) and the latter which is... mixed. The Railjack sections are some of the best in the game, sporting multiple sub-objectives, multiple optional loot caches and a neat gimmick where if you fall out of bounds on one of the objectives, you wind up in Archwing. But most Corpus missions are largely just repackaged ground missions with new enemies. Literally, you spawn into a ground mission after a brief Railjack Segment, Lotus guides you, everything. At least the new 'Volatile' mission is fun, serving as kind of a non-endless disruption. Plus you can now do Relics in Railjack, which is how you get Sevagoth (and now some new Melee weapons). The Acolyte mods have now been moved to Deimos, as well.

There was also the 'Steel Path' - in effect, a hard mode. You can complete the star chart again, except this time with much higher levels and everything has a shield/armour buff. Acolytes also drop in. This mode drops a unique reward called 'Steel Essence' which has some cosmetics and other loot through Teshin. This has been... controversial. Some people don't like it because it's too hard, other people because it enforces an arguably-straining meta, but if you do enjoy it, I won't stop you. I've definitely been enjoying it more recently.

Most recently was the 'Sisters of Parvos' - Parvos being an antagonist introduced in the aforementioned Deadlock Protocol. In effect, this is Corpus Liches.  They come complete with a streamlined Lich system, faster murmur gathering (which is fortunately inherited by Kuva Liches), a bunch of new dialogue and personalities, weapons, new pets... and being made excessively tanky. Which is unfortunately inherited b Kuva Liches. However, instead of a potentially anticlimactic finisher, getting all three requiems leads you into a final confrontation that's played in Railjack, just like the Tennocon reveal, just without the Squad Link introduction. After Scarlet Spear, it seems that concept has been dropped. There's also new 'Galvanised' mods and Arcanes for ranged weapons now too. The former is acquired through Arbitrations and the latter through the Steel Path.

Overall, 2020/2021 has certainly not been 2019. The updates have been shakey, but generally getting better. And I'm going to assume you've seen the New War trailer/demo, which... actually seems like it's going to be a thing this year, finally, but is also looking to be gold. Plus, Deimos was revealed last year at Tennocon and came out shortly thereafter, so hopefully less of a Railjack/Duviri going forward!

Wow, that's a lot of useful info. Just updated the game so ill check everything today. Thanks. 

Archived