What secondary weapons are decent for steel path and fun!

Redfeather75

I been using proboscis cernos primary and sporelacer secondary for a very long time. It has put my mind into a rut that I need to get out of. For now I am going to settle on using Kuva Ogris for primary, but I don't know what to do for secondary. Feel free to share your favourites and what you like about them.

I have used Quatz in the past and might go back to that if I have to.

7 minutes ago, TomCruisesSon said:

Epitaph is pretty cool, lets you jump around between sharpshooter and AOE status spreader. The Hemorrhage mod has done that weapon a lot of favors. 

forgot about epitaph...the king of red criticals

Bronco Bronco Prime w/ Dizzying Rounds Augment to get constant Finishers. Really Good on High Tank Targets with new Impact changes.

Base Build 6 Forma

Hornet Strike - Barrel Diffusion - Lethal Torrent - Pummel

Magnum Force - Concussion Rounds - Augur Pact - Dizzying Rounds

Suppress

New Build 6 Forma

Hornet Strike - Galvanized Diffusion - Galvanized Crosshairs - Pummel

Magnum Force - Concussion Rounds - Galvanized Shot - Dizzying Rounds

Spry Sights - Secondary Dead Head

First Build for more Melee Centric Combat Second Build for More Hot Streak Kill Sprees With Just the Gun.

I feel really stupid after this last round of nerfs, I never used or took much note of the secondary weapon, I always felt it was pointless and didn't care to do cookie cutter spread status for condition overload.

It wasn't until they nerfed the melee mods for sentinel weapon, and people started talking about stat sticks, I got to thinking I should be using my secondary to park as many abilities as I can, never thought about it until now.

So I went out and found every mod I could find in the whole game that adds universal abilities and don't have a single damage mod on my secondary, which is warframe 101 when you think about it, it works best when you completely abandon the developer intentions lol.

depends: are you after an auto, semi auto, shotgun or beam secondary? or even a thrown secondary? all of these categories have strong weapons, so I'll give the ones I personally feel are best:

autos: Kuva Twin Stubbas: well-balanced with a good mix of fire rate, damage per shot and good ammo economy. generous capacity too so not many reloads, status and crit are both reliable.

Semi Auto: Tenet Spirex if you have it: it's basically Lex Prime but better with an AoE projectile. low capacity, but unlike the Lex you don't actually need to be that accurate with it.

Shotgun: Pyrana Prime all day. Tenet Detron is pretty strong too but you get more rounds and the ease of full-auto with the Pyrana.the ghost gun effect is also pretty cool!

Beam: Kuva Nukor is still strong despite it's nerf. it won't clear mobs quite like it used to do but I'd still use it over Spectra Vandal any day. can't comment on Tenet Cycron as Ihaven't gotten around to using it yet.

Thrown: for me Pox are the best. the silent non AoE like Despair and Hikou Prime are not really relevant in the current AoE meta, and while Pox are ugly as sin, those gas clouds are pretty strong. makes for very effective area denial in modes like Mobile Defense. 

I guess you could also just say F-it and take another launcher like Kulstar, but you already mentioned using Kuva Ogris as a primary. there's a LOT of different options that are viable, and honestly it may take you a while to find one you like using for a long time. just keep tryign out different weapons!

For me in SP my secondary go-to guns are.

Kuva Nukor (if using Avenger), Tenet Cycron (if not using Avenger) and Akarius. And the primary to go with them would be Kuva Zarr or Tenet Envoy. En electrical Tenet Arca is also scary, but it cannot use Amalgam Serration, so sadly a no-go for me.

Kuva nukor is imho still on top of everything as long as you aim for the head of heavy units. Only crit mod I use it primed target cracker, no pistol gambit. Cycron has probably better QoL but would need extra buffs to feel good as it deals significantly les damage.

kitgun - its so versitile you make it how you want it to be it can have regenerating ammo or give you more ability strength + efficincy and the right kitgun seems broken in the hands of a specter or wukong clone or crewmate as those things can be mini sniper pistols that hit hard and fire fast and are acurate over distance depending on what type you are after

On 2021-07-19 at 11:42 AM, TomCruisesSon said:

Epitaph is pretty cool, lets you jump around between sharpshooter and AOE status spreader. The Hemorrhage mod has done that weapon a lot of favors. 

Wow this wrist weapon is really good. I'm back to caring about headshots again. 😀

I got to get the spirex next. I got a pox and would like to try it once the galvanized mods bug is fixed. I totally forgot about that bronco mod!

Archived