Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Grendel Buffs

Sojufueled

Holy moley is the duration pitiful on these. First of all, because of Grendel's voracious energy appetite that R5 arcane energize (and at the moment a +75% efficiency invigoration) can't quell, 3 buffs can be a lot to cast if you accidentally gobbled more than 1 guy. Then atop that, you're going to be casting all friggin 3 again less than a minute later. I'm running primed continuity and narrow minded both and it hardly helps. His animation times are long, so a considerable portion of that time will simply be that. I should also mention that Titania's buffs are no more pleasant to maintain. This new invigoration system is really drawing my attention to problems I had ignored before.

3 minutes ago, Sojufueled said:

Holy moley is the duration pitiful on these. First of all, because of Grendel's voracious energy appetite that R5 arcane energize (and at the moment a +75% efficiency invigoration) can't quell, 3 buffs can be a lot to cast if you accidentally gobbled more than 1 guy. Then atop that, you're going to be casting all friggin 3 again less than a minute later. I'm running primed continuity and narrow minded both and it hardly helps. His animation times are long, so a considerable portion of that time will simply be that. I should also mention that Titania's buffs are no more pleasant to maintain. This new invigoration system is really drawing my attention to problems I had ignored before.

Narrow Minded is a really bad idea on Grendel.  Range helps his 3 a ton.  It's not a wonderful nuke against high level Grineer, but it absolutely shreds Corpus.

But I agree.  Duration is difficult to manage on him.  Keeping all three of his buffs up at all times means you're doing very little but stomping and swallowing.

I'd like to see a mod that extends buff durations on kills, or maybe an arcane, as that "on kill" trigger is pretty prevalent there.  If it were a mod, though, it could be limited to certain frames like a passive augment mod.  Titania, like you mention, would really benefit from it (though you still will probably want to recast sometimes to get more butterflies).  I don't think it would be OP on Trinity or Mesa.  Mirage, with her 1 augment, might cause some problems.  It could also work on Chroma, as no one really uses him much anyway, and it wouldn't exactly tip the Tridolon scales in his favor.  Maybe Ash and Loki?  I don't think it would render Ivara irrelevant.

A mod like this would really help out the egg-timer buff frames.

But to get back to Grendel, maybe his 3 could get an augment that refreshes active Nourish buffs with each enemy spit.  Grendel isn't in any danger of being made OP by this.

5 minutes ago, sunderthefirmament said:

But to get back to Grendel, maybe his 3 could get an augment that refreshes active Nourish buffs with each enemy spit.

I really feel like Nourish needs more base duration.  But given DE's fascination with bandaid augments (I'm still pissed about Catapult, lol) that's a decent suggestion.

It's a bandaid X2, since it makes Nourish more user friendly and encourages people to use an ability many see as pointless.  DE should love it.

Aside from the energy drain I think Grendel is pretty okay, folks seem to think he needs an entire overhaul but the only thing he actually needs is for them to cap the drain on his feast to 10 enemies or something the way they did with Sevagoth's gloom shortly after he released. That way you'll only be charged for 10 enemies at any time, instead of the exponential drain that just snowballs.

That being said, my build honestly gives me little trouble. I manage to keep the drain under control in most situations with about 10-15 enemies eaten and rarely run out.

1 hour ago, Tiltskillet said:

I really feel like Nourish needs more base duration.  But given DE's fascination with bandaid augments (I'm still pissed about Catapult, lol) that's a decent suggestion.

It's a bandaid X2, since it makes Nourish more user friendly and encourages people to use an ability many see as pointless.  DE should love it.

Yeah.  It deserves a significant bump to base duration as well.

vor 5 Stunden schrieb Sojufueled:

it's cool fan warframe. no buffs are necessary!
players don't play it because of performance ............ !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11 hours ago, sunderthefirmament said:

Yeah.  It deserves a significant bump to base duration as well.

I can understand why they don't want to cap the energy drain. They're afraid of Grendel just swallowing the whole map. But either your suggestion or just addressing duration would make the frame much more tolerable to me. I don't think half his mods should be dedicated to maintaining buffs he's surely designed to always have up. Ease of buffing back up (almost said rebuffing, but that's another word) is one of the reasons Wisp so much better. Her kit works right out of the gate and her mods are truly that, mods.

Archived