Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Most popular and strongest Warframe

Volkner

Today, I would like to talk about such a popular warframe as Wukong. DE company, known for its weakening of popular things in the game, therefore, I propose to make a small change to this undoubtedly very strong warframe, but it should be done, so if the player is sitting afk, then Celestial Twin sits afk too, or remove this ability and return the old one, and give a clone for a while, for example, Duality augment, if this is done then the frame will remain very strong, but this will reduce the number of players who abuse this warframe.

16 minutes ago, VolknerSan said:

Today, I would like to talk about such a popular warframe as Wukong. DE company, known for its weakening of popular things in the game, therefore, I propose to make a small change to this undoubtedly very strong warframe, but it should be done, so if the player is sitting afk, then Celestial Twin sits afk too, or remove this ability and return the old one, and give a clone for a while, for example, Duality augment, if this is done then the frame will remain very strong, but this will reduce the number of players who abuse this warframe.

How about limit yourself not other ppl?

DE just needs to drop the afk rewards timer to 30sec if your ass has not moved in 30sec you are AFK and forfeit rewards problem solved, warframe is a game of movement there is zero reason one should be standing still doing nothing for more than a couple sec at any given moment.

Celestial Twin already stops attacking if the player is genuinely afk.

His high usage is partly tied to something not related to his Celestial Twin anyways. Cloud Walker is his only genuinely useful ability due to providing movement that has convenience. Cloud Walker was already nerfed multiple times.

Your suggestion also does nothing to "fix" the problem, since well, the people aren't "afk". They're forced to move for the Twin to fight, and to get rewards, tapping 1 in between isn't going to stop the low effort play. It's also not as if this is exclusive to him. A variety of Warframes provide low effort playstyles in different missions. Nova lets you sleep through any mission without a kill requirement, same for Limbo for defending, etc.

8 minutes ago, minininja77 said:

DE just needs to drop the afk rewards timer to 30sec if your ass has not moved in 30sec you are AFK and forfeit rewards problem solved, warframe is a game of movement there is zero reason one should be standing still doing nothing for more than a couple sec at any given moment.

unless you are playing mobile defense or defense.

21 minutes ago, VolknerSan said:

if the player is sitting afk, then Celestial Twin sits afk too

Have you tried using Wukong yourself?  This already happens.  In fact, it already happens if you just not move for 2 minutes (say if you just stood on a defense object taking pot shots).

That said, I do think Wukong's versatility results in him being overused, and would not blame DE if they decided to nerf him a bit.  He also attracts lazy players who do not know any better, but hopefully those players will get weeded out of the game when their affinity gain always seems abysmal.

5 minutes ago, Yamazuki said:

Celestial Twin already stops attacking if the player is genuinely afk.

His high usage is partly tied to something not related to his Celestial Twin anyways. Cloud Walker is his only genuinely useful ability due to providing movement that has convenience. Cloud Walker was already nerfed multiple times.

Your suggestion also does nothing to "fix" the problem, since well, the people aren't "afk". They're forced to move for the Twin to fight, and to get rewards, tapping 1 in between isn't going to stop the low effort play. It's also not as if this is exclusive to him. A variety of Warframes provide low effort playstyles in different missions. Nova lets you sleep through any mission without a kill requirement, same for Limbo for defending, etc.

While I mostly agree with you, I wouldn't describe Nova as low effort in the same vein as semi-AFK Wukong, Limbo, Khora, etc.

28 minutes ago, Redfeather75 said:

I am cool with wukong staying as he is, because his rework made him so popular and that is great. I remember a user always on the forums trying to get a wukong rework. I just think it's wonerful he's so widely used now.

This he already got reworked. He's fine and definitely not abused for "AFK or META". If anything he is a perfect example of how frames should be from now on.

If every frame had a kit like wukong you would see more varied play in the game. 

1 hour ago, Redfeather75 said:

I am cool with wukong staying as he is, because his rework made him so popular and that is great. I remember a user always on the forums trying to get a wukong rework. I just think it's wonerful he's so widely used now.

I agree. He went from almost never seen to seen a right good amount. That’s a good rework. 

vor 2 Stunden schrieb VolknerSan:

how where what....?!?!

I like to play wukong. only what does it have to do with the strongest warframe ??? he's a good all-rounder, but he's far from good at everything. also with 4th helmith skill!

therefore I do not know at all whether this is meant seriously!

and playing warframe afk is absolutely embarrassing!

Celestial Twin is a meme, Cloud Walker is the real reason to use Wukong. Why would you use one of the most mobile frames to afk lol

Besides, I have seen a grand total of one (1) person trying to afk with Celestial Twin, I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of these endless posts complaining about Wukong are just people projecting based on what they (mistakenly) think are the frame's strengths.

6 hours ago, VolknerSan said:

Today, I would like to talk about such a popular warframe as Wukong.

Popular yes, most Powerful NO.

Powerful in Terms of what? The list for each category depending on how a Warframe is built is long, and to call just one because he/she is your favorite or you think is the best, is just pure ignorance.

I wouldn't say he's the strongest. maybe in the top 10, but out of the top 5, especially in terms of damaging abilities.

what Wukong needs more than anything else is a rework to his Primal Fury; that staff hits like a pool noodle compared to other exalted weapons when it should be able to reach across a room and slap the pi$$ out of anything it hits. it especially irks me as I love staff and polearm weapons, but this one weaker than the rest while also costing energy to use. 

proposed rework:

- Primal Fury costs less energy to cast, and drains energy on successful hit only, rather than over time. 

- greater damage and crit.

- as Wukong kills enemies with Iron Staff, the staff gets longer increasing his range and damage, it then begins to shrink again if no hits are made after a few seconds.

- you can interact with Celestial Twin whilst you are both in Primal Fury to perform a special back-to-back slam move that lifts nearby enemies and deals heavy impact damage.

- moving through an enemy in Cloud Walker makes them more susceptible to damage from Iron Staff specifically for a few seconds. this encourages Wukong players to move and strike quickly!

He is indeed popular, but I would not call him the strongest. He is strong but I find he is mostly good as a generalist almost like Zephyr. However unlike Zephyr I find that Wukong's abilities tend to be inconsistent with one another.

So while he is good and quite strong he does feel bandaged in some places, mostly his 4th ability. Which feels like it is there because it has to be there.

8 hours ago, VolknerSan said:

So what I get from this, you want to nerf another part of wukong, when his main thing still needs tweaking? Dude, his stick is in need of more help than the clone. That's fine as is, no matter what you think. Either way, if you did want to nerf his clone, you can do better than giving him back his useless Iron jab.

8 hours ago, MqToasty said:

Have you tried using Wukong yourself?  This already happens.  In fact, it already happens if you just not move for 2 minutes (say if you just stood on a defense object taking pot shots).

That said, I do think Wukong's versatility results in him being overused, and would not blame DE if they decided to nerf him a bit.  He also attracts lazy players who do not know any better, but hopefully those players will get weeded out of the game when their affinity gain always seems abysmal.

It’s MONKEY KING.  His movement skills in myth are reflected here via said Versatility.  And I don’t see skewed usage.  Is there?

I hardly use him, btw.

Vets:- #LokiMasterRace

New Players:- #WukongMasterRace

Me:- The right tool for the right job.

When I say that, I use Ivara for spy, Slova for Disruption, Frost for Excavation, Ember vs Infested, Vauban vs Corpus, Gauss for Open World, Inaros for Steel Path, Acid Queen Saryn vs Grineer, Mesa for Bounties etc.

35 minutes ago, (PSN)Pragmatic_2015 said:

Vets:- #LokiMasterRace

New Players:- #WukongMasterRace

Me:- The right tool for the right job.

When I say that, I use Ivara for spy, Slova for Disruption, Frost for Excavation, Ember vs Infested, Vauban vs Corpus, Gauss for Open World, Inaros for Steel Path, Acid Queen Saryn vs Grineer, Mesa for Bounties etc.

Wukong better for spy.

Archived