Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Most popular and strongest Warframe

Volkner

a tiny amount of players want to engage in low effort play so lets nerf the frame for everyone, sounds about right  /s

the players who don't want to be players but want to sit around watching netflix will simply use other frames to not play, just report and move on

2 hours ago, (PSN)Silverback73 said:

It’s MONKEY KING.  His movement skills in myth are reflected here via said Versatility.  And I don’t see skewed usage.  Is there?

I hardly use him, btw.

Is there skewed usage?  Yes.

https://www.warframe.com/2020stats

Is it so egregious that he needs to be nerfed?  Probably not, but that is for DE to decide.  Now more interestingly, if you check the Heat Map, you'll see that there is a sweet spot for Wukong usage running from about MR 8 to about MR 18.  As someone who used to play Wukong almost exclusively, his tankiness, his free specter, his heal+invisibility+flying all make him incredibly useful for that period before I started playing multiplayer and before I got the OP'd mods and weapons.  Even now, while there are frames I like better and play more, I still turn to him for harder missions or content I'm less familiar with.  

12 minutes ago, (PSN)Pragmatic_2015 said:

From my firsthand experience, tenno using Wukong in spy are the ones I need to drop an air support charge for.

Nah you can use that helimeth auto hack ability. Usually when I do spy as wukong, I get 2 consoles done before another player even finishes one. Just rush in and spam auto hack. Fastest frame ever!!

4 hours ago, (PSN)Pragmatic_2015 said:

Vets:- #LokiMasterRace

New Players:- #WukongMasterRace

Me:- The right tool for the right job.

When I say that, I use Ivara for spy, Slova for Disruption, Frost for Excavation, Ember vs Infested, Vauban vs Corpus Grineer, Gauss for Open World, Inaros for Steel Path, Acid Queen Saryn vs Grineer, Mesa for Bounties etc.

Mag/Excal/Hyldrin for Corpus, btw.

High range/duration Vauban is often overlooked for bounties as well, but he can make many of them *very* easy.

Titania for open world, Capture, Rescue, Sabotage, boarding RJ crewships, etc (She really has a lot of uses)

As for stealth frames, it depends on the tileset:

- Loki for Uranus/Kuva Fort Spy/Rescue

- Wukong for regular star chart Spy/Rescue/Capture

- Ivara for LUA Spy

- Octavia for Sortie Spy (so they can use your 3 to stealth up before going into the secure zones)

There are clearly many other choices for various content, but your fundamental approach is correct: Bring the right tool for the job. This notion of "best" or "strongest" frames is dumb.

Hello. Popularity =/= strength, and DE's nerfing isn't based entirely on popularity, but relative popularity. You have to include context. I can't remember how popular Wukong was in comparison to other Warframe's, but he wasn't as popular as the Kuva Nukor was in comparison to other Secondaries. There is always going to be a technically most used "insert variable here" but as long as its not veering into a monopoly or heavily skewing or making many other contenders redundant, thats not so bad in theory for a game/system where choice/variety is valued. Unless Wukong's popularity is so much greater than other Warframes/sum of Warframes, his popularity isn't an issue (from a DE game design perspective).

Your solution may also not be that effective, as we also know a reason why Wukong is popular is his versatility. he is used a lot in Sorties and I believe Capture/Extermination Relic Missions. My memory isn't clear, but it wasn't as simple as "AFK Twin" "abuse".

16 hours ago, minininja77 said:

DE just needs to drop the afk rewards timer to 30sec if your ass has not moved in 30sec you are AFK and forfeit rewards problem solved, warframe is a game of movement there is zero reason one should be standing still doing nothing for more than a couple sec at any given moment.

What about opening the door for their cat, answering a phone call or having a brief conversation with another person?

Life comes first.

He's versatile, not necessarily strong, since his staff died with melee changes. Baruuk, however, deletes enemies in any high level content with constant spawns...through walls even. So easy to get highest damage, not even trying.

As far as the afk timer goes, it needs to either be removed, or be changed in behaviour. If I'm hovering over an excav as Zephyr, deflecting bullets and activating abilities/shooting things, then I should not get flagged as afk. It's nonsense. I shouldn't have to derp around to reset an afk timer. I don't have ADHD, I'm chilling out and defending something. Anyone can form their own group if they have issues with afk'ers.

Archived