Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

recoil and screen shake

cha0sWyrM

can we please disconnect these things from each other? they are not related in any way...and there is already an option to turn off screen shake everywhere else.

its positively nauseating.

and just so were clear...i have no issue with the recoil mechanic...it just needs to be separate from screen shaking. theres no reason why these things should be tied to each other in the first place. de already realized screen shake is an issue for people and gave an option to turn it off everywhere else....why is it still tied to recoil? some of my favorite weapons are unusable because they make me physically ill.

Recoil as a weapon balance mechanic is fine, but there are ways to do it that don't also cause motion sickness.

You could have the Recoil make the targeting crosshairs bounce around, but leave the 3rd person camera steady.

that would achieve the same weapon accuracy effects. in fact there are plenty of (better) games that use this method....

Or you know, go into options and over to display, just under field of view slider and turn off screen shake? Just a thought.

Scratch that. I just double checked if I missed it and I do see you mentioned the option already.

1 hour ago, (PSN)haphazardlynamed said:

also, to OP

I've been asking for this for years now

I don't think DE's gonna do it.

they seem to believe that player Discomfort is a Valid Gameplay Mechanism.

-see also: semi-triggers on rapid fire weapons that cause finger strain-

its probably that this is xtremely rooted in game engine, maybe just hard to change or the dev dont see this feedback

vor 35 Minuten schrieb Famecans:

its probably that this is xtremely rooted in game engine, maybe just hard to change or the dev dont see this feedback

feedback is NOT read at all.
so don't make any hopes.

there are already solutions. but OP doesn't seem to care.

13 minutes ago, Battle.Mage said:

so don't make any hopes.

particularly i like the screen shake as it is immersive and cinematic but in warframe game the screen shake is not just cinematic as it negatively affects the stats of any weapon, even if this weapon and frame has all mods to make accurate aiming.

I just think this shouldn't be a menu option. 🤙

On 2021-07-19 at 5:19 PM, Battle.Mage said:

so don't make any hopes.

what are you even talking about?

there are not any solutions...nor has any even been suggested for me to care about.

Archived