Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sevagoth's shadow's movement

Wephrix

Hi all! i came here just to share a feedback about sevagoth's shadow.

I like sevagoth a LOT but the movement with his shadow's 2nd ability is a bit rough, because if you use the shadow's 2nd to rush or move faster, you loose all the momentum when the dash ends, and you cannot continue that dash with anything to control your movement and for like 1 second or more, the character is just stuck in place. Maybe can be added a dash cancel mechanic; like Gauss' dash cancel mechanic, when you do Mach Rush, then run, then you can just press zoom/aim button to cancel rush instantly and then continue with bullet-jump, or dodge, or another Mach Rush in another direction. In Sevagoth it can work like this: You use shadow's 2nd ability and rush, then the dash maybe can be cancelled with a melee attack, or pressing Right Mouse Button to block, or something, so you can instantly use another dash in another direction, or dodge, or bullertjump to take a better crontrol of the shadow's movement. That would be great.

vor 8 Minuten schrieb Wephrix:

Hi all! i came here just to share a feedback about sevagoth's shadow.

I like sevagoth a LOT but the movement with his shadow's 2nd ability is a bit rough, because if you use the shadow's 2nd to rush or move faster, you loose all the momentum when the dash ends, and you cannot continue that dash with anything to control your movement and for like 1 second or more, the character is just stuck in place. Maybe can be added a dash cancel mechanic; like Gauss' dash cancel mechanic, when you do Mach Rush, then run, then you can just press zoom/aim button to cancel rush instantly and then continue with bullet-jump, or dodge, or another Mach Rush in another direction. In Sevagoth it can work like this: You use shadow's 2nd ability and rush, then the dash maybe can be cancelled with a melee attack, or pressing Right Mouse Button to block, or something, so you can instantly use another dash in another direction, or dodge, or bullertjump to take a better crontrol of the shadow's movement. That would be great.

I don't believe in this warframe.
it sure has its fans. but they like him the way he is now ......

why changes then? Complain apparently there are no other than your topics. and there are millions of accounts!

9 minutes ago, Battle.Mage said:

why changes then? Complain apparently there are no other than your topics. and there are millions of accounts!

Im sorry what did you try to say?

I havent actually used his shadow 'dash' for actual movement so i havent experienced this problem youre having. Not to say i dont believe its there. I find the ability to be clunky in practice as you want to mod with range which causes that ability to travel further which increases the difficulty to use as you end up super far away from where you intended unless you always force run into walls. At which point you still have to wait for the skill to end.

So i can see why momentum isnt carried, and there are better ways to move faster without the ability. But incorporating that gauss mechanic seems like a really good idea for both sides of this fence. I very much would like to not dash across a large open area when i only needed to travel a meter or two.

hace 51 minutos, Battle.Mage dijo:

Understand this, im not complaining, i just feel that the movement with Sevagoth's shadow can be better, so i giving my feedback because i play with him a lot now, and you know, is not fun to go straight to a wall without the posibility to control the movement, it ruins a bit the flow of battle. Adding a dash cancel mechanic to that ability does not change the core of Sevagoth's gameplay, this will not ruin the character gameplay, this will potentially turn Sevagoth in a better version of himself. 

Gerade eben schrieb Wephrix:

Understand this, im not complaining, i just feel that the movement with Sevagoth's shadow can be better, so i giving my feedback because i play with him a lot now, and you know, is not fun to go straight to a wall without the posibility to control the movement, it ruins a bit the flow of battle. Adding a dash cancel mechanic to that ability does not change the core of Sevagoth's gameplay, this will not ruin the character gameplay, this will potentially turn Sevagoth in a better version of himself. 

I didn't just mark it like that!
and no one is forcing you to play it. THERE ARE ALTERNATIVES!
regardless of whether it is tank, dps or buffs!

people like this warframe! look around!
of course it has problems! like every warframe ... but hardly anyone complains except you. and people have fun ........

why not just play something else? then you make your life easier ...

5 hours ago, Battle.Mage said:

I’m a Sevagoth main and even I can agree that Shadows 2 is really clunky.

Sevagoth is strong, but there’s small parts of his kit that could use some QoL tweaking.

Archived