Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dedicated Riven Slots

(PSN)c1234567890alvi

I would propose the idea of a dedicated Riven Slot on a weapon.

How does it work: Riven Mods can now only be put into the dedicated slot. Also, they would lose their mod capacity costs.

Advantages:

-more build variety: with Rivens having no costs on a weapon whatsoever (except if course the leveling costs) more mods that suit the player's play style can be added.

-no more "riven too bad": often times a bad riven or one with too low disposition is a liability instead of an addition. This would benefit players that don't have the luck of getting the perfect groll, since if it doesn't take up capacity or slots, why not put it on the weapon?

-more active market: from a business pov, this would benefit DE as the demand for Rivens would rise, as they have no demerits anymore, meaning more players buying Rivens with platinum, meaning more players buying platinum

Disadvantages: 

-power creep continues: the topic of power creep is a very touchy topic to some players and this might anger those that want the game to be more challenging.

-forma need decreases: with the expensive Riven mods no longer draining massive capacity, the demand for forma will decrease. For players this is advantageous, from a business pov (DE is a business after all) this might hurt the sales a bit.

35 minutes ago, (PSN)c1234567890alvi said:

How does it work: Riven Mods can now only be put into the dedicated slot. Also, they would lose their mod capacity costs.

Advantages:

-more build variety: with Rivens having no costs on a weapon whatsoever (except if course the leveling costs) more mods that suit the player's play style can be added.

-no more "riven too bad": often times a bad riven or one with too low disposition is a liability instead of an addition. This would benefit players that don't have the luck of getting the perfect groll, since if it doesn't take up capacity or slots, why not put it on the weapon?

-more active market: from a business pov, this would benefit DE as the demand for Rivens would rise, as they have no demerits anymore, meaning more players buying Rivens with platinum, meaning more players buying platinum

Disadvantages: 

-power creep continues: the topic of power creep is a very touchy topic to some players and this might anger those that want the game to be more challenging.

-forma need decreases: with the expensive Riven mods no longer draining massive capacity, the demand for forma will decrease. For players this is advantageous, from a business pov (DE is a business after all) this might hurt the sales a bit.

How would you control Element Combinations if the Riven only slots in one spot?

Also, it is entirely still possible to have a 'too bad' Riven

consider a Riven with: +Critical Chance, +Impact, -Critical Damage

with a -critical damage curse, its actually possible to have a weapon where crits do Less Damage than normal hits (multiplier less than 1)

If the riven slot was like exilus and didnt reduce forma needs (as in you still only have 60 capacity and now a 9th slot. then fine. i still think NO because the power creep will be worse. However i feel like certain old weapons need this but the idea behind rivens is to stack bonuses to justify leaving a mod out.

All in all i dont think there should be dedicated riven slots.

vor 51 Minuten schrieb (PSN)c1234567890alvi:

Advantages:

Disadvantages: 

can not work at all, because the function actually does not work. here the devs have to come up with something better!

vor 8 Stunden schrieb Tiltskillet:

I can't tell the troll threads from the serious threads anymore.

It was not a troll, I am sorry my proposal did not suit your taste, but until now nobody came up with a working solution, that didn't change the game in it's entirety. 
Yes, believe or not, I am not stupid, to change the riven problem, it needs exactly that. But be realistic, all we'll ever get if at all, will be band-aids, so might as well propose something that is close to that.

vor 26 Minuten schrieb (PSN)iuvenilis:

A working solution for what exactly?

Your suggestion is to add more powercreep?

We just got Galvanized mods. Let's let that powercreep sink in first.

A working solution for the Riven problem.

At least I make suggestions to solve problems the game has and yes, Rivens as they are, are indeed problematic.

Galvanized mods that made about 20% of the weapons go completely of the grid, while Stug, Vipers, Burston Prime, Braton Prime, Pandero Prime, Plinx, Aklex Prime, Acrid, Dual Cestra, Hikou Prime, Sniper Rifles, Boltor Prime, most bows and about 100 other weapons continue to stay terrible. Yes, not every weapon needs to be great, but if at least 150 weapons basically just continue to stay MR fodder, then the problem of the Arsenal Divide has just been shifted to another place.

And you complain about too much power creep, because the game gets too easy? Well, take only a Burston Prime to a Steel Path Ropalolyst and then you might complain about the lack of challenge again. 

Just now, (PSN)c1234567890alvi said:

A working solution for the Riven problem.

What problem?

I'm going to have to assume you mean the rng when it comes to rolling them? Please correct me if I'm wrong. 

Your suggestion does absolutely nothing towards fixing the rng of rolling rivens. So I can't see how it would be beneficial at all.

The most common suggestion with reducing the rng is to allow us to lock stats. For example, 100k kuva and I could lock 1 stat. The cost would then go up to lock more stats.

Maybe try to explain the actual "problem", rather than just saying "rivens", and then you can better explain how your suggestion/s relate to the problem. 

vor 50 Minuten schrieb (PSN)iuvenilis:

What problem?

I'm going to have to assume you mean the rng when it comes to rolling them? Please correct me if I'm wrong. 

Your suggestion does absolutely nothing towards fixing the rng of rolling rivens. So I can't see how it would be beneficial at all.

The most common suggestion with reducing the rng is to allow us to lock stats. For example, 100k kuva and I could lock 1 stat. The cost would then go up to lock more stats.

Maybe try to explain the actual "problem", rather than just saying "rivens", and then you can better explain how your suggestion/s relate to the problem. 

My Problem is more than the RNG. Yes, it is one of the problems, but my main problem is that I am already barely able to fit in all the mods that I want on the weapons, because of mod slot and capacity shortage. It certainly does not help if my rolls are terrible and I am better off not putting the riven on at all. But some weapons suffer from graving issues, that need certain mods resolving them, but then they fall behind other weapons when it comes to damage.

As an example, I have a riven for my Battacor, which is good. But the Battacor NEEDS fire rate, meaning if I want to slam on my riven and my fire rate mod, I lose 2 mod slots. I have to make a compromise. That compromise is either sacrificing my Crit Damage mod or my Multishot mod. 
Then you look at a weapon like the Secondary Gaze or Kuva Bramma, weapons that already play so well that you don't need to put on a "compromise" mod, to cover up their flaws. 

With one more mod slot many bad weapons could compete with the meta, I mean look at the effect of exilus slots, which were a great addition.

My problem is: that there are at least 50-100 weapons that need more than a riven with high dispo alone, that also need extra space and capacity. And a dedicated riven slot would give them that. 

Tl;dr: I do not want to make compromises when modding my weapons anymore. I want to be able to put on all the mods a weapon needs to be good. 

And regarding Powercreep: this may sound like a troll, but it is not. I want Powercreep. If I want a challenge I can make it myself, I can always take an unmodded MK1-Braton to Steel Path. But there is also content where I just want to try out different weapons and rule with them, Keyword: Power fantasy. I don't play this game to shoot a single Grineer into the head for an hour until it finally dies. I do not want to grind certain content longer than necessary, just because it takes ages with certain weapons to finish it, because they are bad. And if we need challenging content, DE can always bring back Raids again, mechanics tend to be challenging.

4 hours ago, (PSN)c1234567890alvi said:

My problem is: that there are at least 50-100 weapons that need more than a riven with high dispo alone, that also need extra space and capacity. And a dedicated riven slot would give them that. 

I don't see where your proposal limits the new, capacity-free dedicated riven slot to bad weapons.  The worst problem with rivens now...well top 3 worst problems, anyway...is they unduly help weapons that are already powerful, and your solution doubles down on that.

And regarding Powercreep: this may sound like a troll, but it is not. I want Powercreep. If I want a challenge I can make it myself, I can always take an unmodded MK1-Braton to Steel Path.

It's powercreep for bad weapons.  It's powersprint for good ones, further invalidating bad weapons, frame abilities, enemy design, and content challenge.  The game is bigger than you and your desire for a better Battacor.  (Also one of my favorite weapons, by the way.)

On a community scale, a good state of weapon balance is a convoluted goal, and  can not be achieved through rivens.  They can't even be a significant part of the solution.  Not unless they're radically reconstructed...which is probably never going to happen.

vor 7 Minuten schrieb Tiltskillet:

Not unless they're radically reconstructed...which is probably never going to happen.

Exactly why I at least try to find somewhat easy solutions, since more complex solutions are not going to happen. Without a little brainstorming new ideas and improvement are most certainly not going to arise. Which is why I am kinda waiting for someone to not just say no, but also what can be done instead. 

35 minutes ago, (PSN)c1234567890alvi said:

Exactly why I at least try to find somewhat easy solutions, since more complex solutions are not going to happen. Without a little brainstorming new ideas and improvement are most certainly not going to arise. Which is why I am kinda waiting for someone to not just say no, but also what can be done instead. 

Maybe try making a topic about that.  I guarantee yousome people are looking at the OP and

Awkward The Simpsons GIF

Il y a 6 heures, (PSN)c1234567890alvi a dit :

I want Powercreep. If I want a challenge I can make it myself, I can always take an unmodded MK1-Braton to Steel Path. But there is also content where I just want to try out different weapons and rule with them, Keyword: Power fantasy. I don't play this game to shoot a single Grineer into the head for an hour until it finally dies. I do not want to grind certain content longer than necessary, just because it takes ages with certain weapons to finish it, because they are bad. And if we need challenging content, DE can always bring back Raids again, mechanics tend to be challenging.

Just play Earth and Venus if you want to feel Powerful. It sound  stupid, isn't it?

On 2021-07-19 at 2:40 PM, (PSN)c1234567890alvi said:

Advantages:

What a GREAT idea. Why hasn't anyone think about this?? Rivens should receive their special slots to make them more useful and widely used in each and every build!! What power creep? It's power fantasy's dream!

vor 18 Minuten schrieb George_PPS:

What a GREAT idea. Why hasn't anyone think about this?? Rivens should receive their special slots to make them more useful and widely used in each and every build!! What power creep? It's power fantasy's dream!

You know, I already understood that my idea doesn't suit everyone, there are 25 million players and each have their own vision of the game. I have more of a Vergil vision ("I need more power") and some others wish for a Warframe I can't even imagine. But for the sake of the discussion, keep your sarcasm in check. I saved it to myself as well as best as I could. Being disrespectful to others will only enforce their own ideas and make it more difficult to find compromises and share the visions and ideas.

With that said, I would have loved to close this topic a few hours ago as I come to accept that my proposal is objectively bad. 

Archived