Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Galvanized mod are a joke

LokitaUmbra

Hi

I come to show that the galvanized mods are a joke , barrel diffusion gives us 120% multishot in rifles and the galvanized version gives us 110% plus 30% when we kill and stack 4 times , You need to kill to have more multishot but the% of normal is almost the same and if my weapon kills with the normal diffusion I don't need more multishot because it will continue to kill , The same applies to the new arcana that require you to kill, so I want more damage when I'm already killing without needing that extra damage .

All of this was introduced to help the primary and secondary schools to be more efficient, but if you study it well, it doesn't help much because carrying it or not in weapons that already kill does not make them better and weapons that do not kill do not benefit. The only thing we got from all this was a hard hit to the melee where it was very nerfed

vor 2 Minuten schrieb LokitaUmbra:

Hi

I come to show that the galvanized mods are a joke , barrel diffusion gives us 120% multishot in rifles and the galvanized version gives us 110% plus 30% when we kill and stack 4 times , You need to kill to have more multishot but the% of normal is almost the same and if my weapon kills with the normal diffusion I don't need more multishot because it will continue to kill , The same applies to the new arcana that require you to kill, so I want more damage when I'm already killing without needing that extra damage .

All of this was introduced to help the primary and secondary schools to be more efficient, but if you study it well, it doesn't help much because carrying it or not in weapons that already kill does not make them better and weapons that do not kill do not benefit. The only thing we got from all this was a hard hit to the melee where it was very nerfed

does not work and boosts good aoe weapons even more. one can only laugh at garbage weapons. but that's 90% of the arsenal.

well ...

or 200k-500k AOE krits with 11.62 range on SP I only say.

7 minutes ago, LokitaUmbra said:

You need to kill to have more multishot but the% of normal is almost the same and if my weapon kills with the normal diffusion I don't need more multishot because it will continue to kill

Not all kills are created equal.  Kill some fodder enemies, get a buff, then have an easier time killing heavy units, Liches, etc.

the secondary multishot mod made my tombfinger kitgun perform better but the primary didn't seem to help much with my ignis wraith, it turned out as i expected it to, making the gap between good and bad weapons even wider on high levels.

I think the concept was getting people to grind kuva because rivens and continuous end-game, where the nerfing was just the narrative.

Then it works doubly perfect with adding or removing weapons in and out of meta so people have "new" weapons to buy 10,000 plat rivens for because they of course never learn their lesson.

If your weapon already kills things just fine with the non-galvanized version then you're just not playing content that warrants the damage increase which is fine. Anything beyond that when said damage eventually falls off will see an improvement using Galvanized mods. It's the same situation as P.Pressure Point vs Condition Overload. And if you're running a weapon that is physically incapable of killing anything to start stacking the mods then you're either using a very bad weapons or an even worse build.

Either way the mods have done their job as advertised and the melee nerf is as negligible as expected.

vor 8 Minuten schrieb _junguler:

the secondary multishot mod made my tombfinger kitgun perform better but the primary didn't seem to help much with my ignis wraith, it turned out as i expected it to, making the gap between good and bad weapons even wider on high levels.

it should be too. garbage weapons are made even worse.
and extremely good weapons that don't need a buff get MUCH better with it!

2 minutes ago, Battle.Mage said:

it should be too. garbage weapons are made even worse.
and extremely good weapons that don't need a buff get MUCH better with it!

i wish there was more variety of weapons to choose from when wanting to play high level content, using the same weapons gets old, shrug.

having been using the mods for a while, OP is wrong; there's a noticeable damage markup even on non-steel path higher levels, like the Orm Corpus in the new Veil Proxima nodes: gettign the first kill on one of their heavies takes time but once the multishot is at max stacks they get melted almost effortlessly. I was initially worried about losing the stacks while moving between rooms, but the stacks decay one-by-one rather than all at once, so unless you spend a long time looking for Ayatans or whatever, the buff basically never goes.

it's just a shame it took this long, and a mod slot to make guns more viable. and some weapons can't be saved sadly, looking at you Stug... 

vor 11 Minuten schrieb _junguler:

i wish there was more variety of weapons to choose from when wanting to play high level content, using the same weapons gets old, shrug.

I also agree. because why design so many weapons?

but devs is apparently about other things. and they just want to sell new items and make old items ABSOLUTELY useless ...

Nearly everything being "on kill" that was released makes no sense for the weapons that were struggling as it was. The weapons that were not struggling however my god they gained a power boost.

Honestly they need to change them to be like the condi one gives a stack on status pric, the multishot one giving it on head shot and so on. Leaving it as they are now will just make good weapons better and bad weapons worse.

well... there we go:

haqAqcW.png

the status chance percentage on weapon does not guarantee immediate damage increase per each status type affecting the target because:

• the damage type with the highest number is more likely to generate status.

we need new mods to convert all damage types and we need reclassification of maximized mods to balance the properly status chance.

In summary, this mod is the hardest to deal with until the Forma and reclassification system is updated.

The on kill requirement makes no sense and the plain damage increases makes no sense too.

Bad weapons tend to have high disposition so their rivens will have ridiculous damage buffs. If plain damage increase solves the problems rivens would have done it years ago.

12 minutes ago, (PSN)Silverback73 said:
3 hours ago, (PSN)Unstar said:

Not all kills are created equal.  Kill some fodder enemies, get a buff, then have an easier time killing heavy units, Liches, etc.

Strategy?  The game within the game within THE game?!

Begone BLASPHEMER, lest we start investing in thought!

onkill logic:

I want to kill some vonvalists to combo damage to eidolons... ops

I want to kill some enemies with parazon to combo damage to enemies... ops

I cant kill enemies to make my weapon strong. :(

I just know both the arcanes and galvanized mods are pointless for what they were supposed to fix. They were supposed to fix guns not doing enough damage, but to activate them you need to do enough damage to kill, meaning if you can activate them, you didn't need them in the first place. What we need is at least the galvanized mods to just be buffed versions of their regular counterparts. You need to unlock arbitrations to get them, so i see a steady enough progression to do this and be fine.

hace 2 horas, Joezone619 dijo:

I just know both the arcanes and galvanized mods are pointless for what they were supposed to fix. They were supposed to fix guns not doing enough damage, but to activate them you need to do enough damage to kill, meaning if you can activate them, you didn't need them in the first place. What we need is at least the galvanized mods to just be buffed versions of their regular counterparts. You need to unlock arbitrations to get them, so i see a steady enough progression to do this and be fine.

FACTS

This is just a case of misplaced expectations. The Galvanized mods were never advertised to bring something like a Hema to the same level as a Bramma or Nukor. They were meant to increase all weapons' killing power through regular use in the more difficult content where they were constantly being holstered in favor of melee, which they've succeeded in doing. Granted, the universal "On Kill" conditions make it a bit more difficult to utilize the bonuses on the less effective weapons compared to "On Hit", but they can at least get to a point of usability with just a few kills. Someone would have to be delusional to think the introduction of a few mods would magically make bottom-shelf guns top-tier while keeping the top-tier guns relatively the same.

Archived