Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prime Warframes limitations

roxydog1

18 hours ago, clxrffdman said:

Primes shouldn't be skipped for lore reasons

Are there even any lore reasons to skip primes? Unless I missed something big, I don't think that the game ever explained the existance of base and prime warframes. My headcanon is that the primes are how the frames were originally during the old war, and base frames are just made from imperfectly preserved blueprints, and Ordis partially winging it to make a functional frame, hence why they are slightly less powerful and less ornate.

6 hours ago, AkHannar said:

Are there even any lore reasons to skip primes? Unless I missed something big, I don't think that the game ever explained the existance of base and prime warframes. My headcanon is that the primes are how the frames were originally during the old war, and base frames are just made from imperfectly preserved blueprints, and Ordis partially winging it to make a functional frame, hence why they are slightly less powerful and less ornate.

Primes are just ordained normal frames basically. The normal frames are mass produced versions, and the Primed variants are just upgraded versions of the base frames. That's what in game lore tends to imply anyway. 

I got all the frames, but I wouldn't mind if newer players could have a bit of an easier time aquiring certain frames. Therefore I think once the prime variant is released, the normal version could be added to the dojo lab for crafting.

Aside from that I think that all frames deserve to have a prime released at some point.

Archived