Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Making Void Storms a Lil More Worth the Time and Effort

linmich

I originally posted this on the commenting part of the Warframe Wiki and decided it wouldn't be a bad idea to post it here to get more opinions. Lmk if I need to clarify things.

Here's an idea to improve the reward system of void storms so that the reward is a bit more worth it: make all relics brought in one tier higher than before and more tiers are rewarded for a tougher/longer mission. If the player chooses to make it radiant still before joining the mission, their odds would increase a lil past that with something like a 15% chance at a rare instead of the 10% normal radiant. Sure less player would play normal void fissures but void storms are just not worth the time or effort if fissures, which are faster and easier overall, are also available and give the same rewards. And if players are farming for ducats then faster(meaning the void fissures) would be better since one uncommon every 5 or so minutes is still better than one rare per 15 minutes.

3 hours ago, linmich said:

I originally posted this on the commenting part of the Warframe Wiki and decided it wouldn't be a bad idea to post it here to get more opinions. Lmk if I need to clarify things.

Here's an idea to improve the reward system of void storms so that the reward is a bit more worth it: make all relics brought in one tier higher than before and more tiers are rewarded for a tougher/longer mission. If the player chooses to make it radiant still before joining the mission, their odds would increase a lil past that with something like a 15% chance at a rare instead of the 10% normal radiant. Sure less player would play normal void fissures but void storms are just not worth the time or effort if fissures, which are faster and easier overall, are also available and give the same rewards. And if players are farming for ducats then faster(meaning the void fissures) would be better since one uncommon every 5 or so minutes is still better than one rare per 15 minutes.

Even 20% wont make it worth the time when all of us most of the time will still get bronze or silver at best

This is not a proposal but only a statement

Even if bronze rewards would be not an option on VS it still would not be worth the TIME

Id say if RJ works as taxi with 2 mission in 1
We should have 2 missions rewards

1 for finishing RJ part
2nd for finishing on foot part

And then it would be worth the time

Like imagine if you would have too do hijack and mobile def after it as 1 mission

SLIGHTLY HIGHER CHANCE FOR better rewards would make no sense but 2x rewards would since of time invested

all we really need is a system that allows you to open a bunch of relics at once, without needing to equip each one individually between rotations.

the Relic station could be given a "relic Sequencer", where you pick up to 5 relics of the same Era, and then when you go into a Fissure survival or whatever, you just keep picking up reactant: once you get 10 to open the first relic, you then immediately work on the second and so on until your entire sequence is unlocked. then at the end of the rotation, you can have 5 rewards at once. 

this would allow players like myself with a ridiculous surplus of relics to go through them more efficiently.

13 hours ago, ZeroX4 said:

SLIGHTLY HIGHER CHANCE FOR better rewards would make no sense but 2x rewards would since of time invested

Hmmm... true but there's also the issue that, like you said, most of us will get bronze and so if all of a group gets bronze, maybe even a silver, then its still not worth the time. And now that I see, 15% probably isn't enough even if it were to be implemented. 

8 hours ago, (PSN)robotwars7 said:

where you pick up to 5 relics of the same Era,

Not a bad idea, although this would probably also scale with the average time fissures take to complete. Ex, if fissures take on average 5 minutes to complete and if a void storm takes 20 minutes, then 4 relics could be chosen before the mission starts and would crack them all in one run. 

26 minutes ago, ReddyDisco said:

The sheer length of the missions is ridiculous

I wouldn't say the length of the mission is ridiculous, but rather the rewards and miniscule drop chance of holokeys just dont make running void storms exactly worth the time and effort.

For purely cracking keys they are bad atm, but the overall reward is pretty good, you get lot of creds, decent endo, and you may want the particular drops. It's overall a decent bundle.

As RJ missions are more complex, maybe implementing side objectives that open more keys would be good, it would make players spliting more(wich was the initial fun of rj for me) and make it slightly better than your goto capture if you play well as a team.

1 hour ago, linmich said:

Hmmm... true but there's also the issue that, like you said, most of us will get bronze and so if all of a group gets bronze, maybe even a silver, then its still not worth the time. And now that I see, 15% probably isn't enough even if it were to be implemented. 

Idea is not to make rewards worth it

Idea is to make our time worth it

EVERYONE can go do normal fissures instead of void storms
Same rewards but difference in time wasted

Some of us just want that bloody forma or idk something bronze or silver tier
In that case is wasting more time worth it?

And if we could get better rewards from relics from void storms
Then what point would be in doing regular fissures?

Take corrupted holo keys for example
FOR EXAMPLE
If most efficient way is to go do skirmish on saturn
Then whats the point into going to earth getting less faster or to veil for more wasting more time?

1 hour ago, ZeroX4 said:

Idea is not to make rewards worth it

Idea is to make our time worth it

Yea exactly. The only way DE can do that is to either shorten the mission time so that its no different than fissures or to increase the rewards so that people who want a guaranteed drop chance can put in the extra time in one run if they wish to. People who want ducats or forma can do the fissures and then there will be both people playing storms and fissures.

Archived