Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What are/was your most memorable glitch(es) in Warframe?

Zahnny

I was on the Warframe wiki and followed a few random links and stumbled across the section for the MOA Cabinet Spawners and remembered my favourite glitch in Warframe.

3tKt5dQ.png

It was this glitch during the Blackout Tactical Alert.

Because I was still relatively new to Warframe at this point, I was unable to complete the Tactical Alert properly and heard from word of mouth that hacking the moa cabinets spawned insanely leveled Moas.

Back then, I think I legitimately thought that this was the legitimate tactic to beating the harder parts of the Tactical Alert, hacking every viable Moa Cabinet on my way to the activator room and bringing an army of Moas with me to the objective, hiding on top of the Corpus lockers while the Moas did the work.

Being so new, I wasn't well equipped to deal with them and well, this was such an odd bug it almost seemed intentional for them to spawn with absurd levels on this tactical alert in particular and nowhere else.

A second favourite Glitch has to be one I never got to experience, where the Ballistica Prime for a VERY short bit of time, it's mechanic was bugged and it wasn't spawning ghosts, but specter versions of all the enemies, resulting in them not despawning and still being allies, so I watched a video where someone was using it in Survival missions to mass a gigantic corrupted army and recording the reactions of other players.

I wanted to try this myself but sadly by the time I had acquired the Ballistica Prime, the bug was already patched.

I got a few.

There was a glitch where Boilers could make friendly enemies if they were mind-controlled by Nyx.  The notes announcing the fixing of it declared the feature to be "Cool, but unintended."

In the early days of Railjack, Nekros could create Shadows of destroyed ships.  Never saw it myself, but thought it was cool.

I'm still seeing the "Cob" of Necramechs pop out occasionally, which is always fun.

3 minutes ago, (PSN)zj0ker20 said:

In the early days of Railjack, Nekros could create Shadows of destroyed ships.  Never saw it myself, but thought it was cool.

I have kinda experienced this before. I think it was a result of using the Slingshot instead of exiting the Railjack normally, as one time I was able to spawn a Shadow of a Grineer Ramsled inside our own Railjack.

Just now, Chewarette said:

Definitely the only time I had a graphical glitch - Shiny af, sad that I never experienced it again

Reveal hidden contents

Warframe0258.jpg

oh you had the RTX on.. where light is just reflecting from every fu-king thing xD really makes you wonder how warframe will look with rtx in future

59 minutes ago, (PSN)zj0ker20 said:

There was a glitch where Boilers could make friendly enemies if they were mind-controlled by Nyx.  The notes announcing the fixing of it declared the feature to be "Cool, but unintended."

I feel like that’s a thing that can still happen if a Nyx Mindcontrols one of those MOAs that then pop off an Osprey. The Osprey is a perma-friend who’s mildly useful to me (but also pretty squishy).

I think. I’ll have to do some testing to confirm if it’s that or if I’m seeing something else

12 minutes ago, (NSW)Greybones said:

I feel like that’s a thing that can still happen if a Nyx Mindcontrols one of those MOAs that then pop off an Osprey. The Osprey is a perma-friend who’s mildly useful to me (but also pretty squishy).

I think. I’ll have to do some testing to confirm if it’s that or if I’m seeing something else

Seems to be the case with a lot of Mind Controlled enemies who can summon other units.

11 minutes ago, Zahnny said:

Seems to be the case with a lot of Mind Controlled enemies who can summon other units.

Yeah 😋. I think it's funny and rather fitting that Mind Control does weird things to enemies.

Test completed with 1 confirmed datapoint. I'll do it a few more times, but I expect that it's still a thing for MOAs that deploy Ospreys

edit: 2 more tests confirmed. 100% rate so far

Early railjack was fun. Remember leaving the ship and archwing not starting up, so I'd either be running across the star scape as if I was in a ground map, or I'd fall to the bottom of the box. 

Couldn't use gear or operator either so I couldn't get out either. Had to wait for my gf to solo the rest of the mission as I didnt want to abort.

Just now, (XBOX)Obi Wan Dandobi said:

Always been a fan of the giant kavat glitch on railjack. Do miss that glitch...

For some reason this reminds me of how people had the Exploiter Orb spawn in Fortuna before the Exploiter Orb fight was added.

A memorable one was when, on the last part of The Second Dream, the "broken arm" bug from back then kicked in and

Spoiler

my Frame loosely carried the Operator with one hand, next to their hip, rather than in their arms.

It was also interesting when, after returning to the Orbiter, the camera was locked while you could walk around.

There's of course the "crotch guns" bug where holstered etc weapons would be placed slightly incorrectly.

It was fun when Nyx' Passive was so stronk enemies couldn't hit her, period, while standing still right in front of a whole group.

A "good" one is wild Kubrows grabbing Syndicate Medallions to carry back to their dens (yes they can do that),
which then on pickup don't count for Riven challenges anymore, and even reduce the in-mission counter of maximum Medallions to find.

I hope they never fix Dullahan Mask after being removed from the game again making Frames headless in the Arsenal / Look Links.

Didn't experience it myself, but easily one of my favorite bugs ever would be when you could get infinite MOAs from a single spawner:

Aaaah RIP in pieces, old MUCH better Corpus Defense map.

I've been fortunate in dodging a lot of bugs/glitches but have run across the falling through the map one, thankfully unstuck command exists.

While didn't happen to me, I do remember way back when (thus memorable through others' experience) the giant kubrows cause that's not something easily forgotten 😅\

I've got a bunch of them.

This one from Railjack where your camera would bug out - You could turn it completely upside down in mission, but not aim at the ground anymore. Something about the camera angle got broken.

I had this bug where after talking to an NPC in Cetus, a copy of me got left behind, you can see the zaw is visible over the top of my character's shoulder:

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

A copy of my Syandana getting left behind in mid-air:

Doing a stealth attack on these enemies was making their torso stretch out until the finisher animation was over (Also look at the oldschool invisibility effect):

Bottom corner - 150x <NIGHTWAVE REPUTATION_SMALL_STANDING> :

And finally the classic "Getting outside of level geometry" bug:

there's 2 that will stick with me forever:

- first was the Pyrana Prime's initial bug, where the ghost gun fire rate and double capacity bonus would stack infinitely, so you could get a Pyrana with 6 figure capacity and a literally broken rate of fire (like, over 10x what the Grakata can do with max RoF mods). the recoil literally threw the camera upside down with the slightest tap of the trigger lol. it got patched of course, but you can probably still see it on youtube. oh minigun Pyrana Prime, how I miss you sometimes..

-second is "giraffe neck mirage", I don't actually know if it got patched but to get it, you had to do the following:

1. go into the Void tileset with a friend. one person must be Atlas with an unmodded Nukor. the other frame can be whatever, but we used Mirage.

2. other frame must get rad proc'd by a Death Orb laser, hence the need for Void tileset. 

3. whilst rad proc'd, Atlas shoots the frame with Nukor, which causes the target to deform as you shoot them (intended Nukor feature, or it was). because the Nukor has no mods it shouldn't kill the frame, but you can drop health restores just in case.

4. before the rad proc and nukor effects wear off, Atlas casts Petrify on the frame

5. when the rad proc and effects wear off, and Petrify disappears, the frame remains deformed!

when we fired Nukor at Mirage's face, it greatly extended her neck to hilarious proportions, and we had a long-necked Mirage running around the void! we also did the same thign to Hydroid who we gave T H I C C legs!. sadly I don't know if this fun glitch can still be done.. I hope so, because it was hilarious!

Archived